ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Ph 1 172
After watching the gameplay vid it's not exactly a leap considering it next gen. Only thing I can see is much more zombies.... Not sure what I'm getting now this or Ryse

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Anyone going for Assasins Creed? Think I might get it to go along with Forza and sell FIFA for whatever I get.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Zoo Tycoon review was awesome. Also, this gif from the comments - awesome.

c732z.gif

Revels Mum & Sister
Will the TV guide stuff work for sky/Virgin?

It will eventually I believe. However not until 2014. I am sure I read they want it to work with all most systems like Virgin, SKY, Freeview and all the hardware etc so may take some time.

Revels Mum & Sister
Selling to someone in the 10% category was a wise move, sweetcheeks.

Who would have thought it ;) My mate also did the same as did his housemate. We must have got lucky. Forza DL codes are going for £35+ at the moment.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Will the TV guide stuff work for sky/Virgin?

It will eventually I believe. However not until 2014. I am sure I read they want it to work with all most systems like Virgin, SKY, Freeview and all the hardware etc so may take some time.
^ This. I believe Microsoft have something in the pipeline in terms of working alongside the major providers although I don't recall hearing about any dates as to when this will likely happen. There won't be any TV guide stuff available from launch.

Revels Mum & Sister
I like the idea of it. It will have to be something pretty special IMO to beat the Interface from SKY as that is pretty slick and does the job well.

Ph 1 172
From what I've been reading you will be able to snap between tv and games and potentially use the kinect camera as an ir sender to change Chanel's but not go into menus

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Haven't Sky already came out and said you wont be able to control Sky through the Xbox One and they have no intention of allowing it?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Haven't Sky already came out and said you wont be able to control Sky through the Xbox One and they have no intention of allowing it?

MS believe it will be next year when that becomes a feature. So they must have had some input from Sky and/or Virgin.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The only thing "slated" for 2014 for Xbox One and Sky is the Now TV app. Nowt else.

Basically you will be able to plug your sky/virgin box in and watch tv, that's it. You wont be able to control it or use the guide as none of the boxes support HDMI CEC and i think Sky and Virgin have both said they have no planes to support it. The snap feature is also not available yet.

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
just got my confirmation from game that my xtra controller 2x play n charge kits and forza 5 steel book edtioton are on there way so hpoefully ill have them on day of release

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The only thing "slated" for 2014 for Xbox One and Sky is the Now TV app. Nowt else.
There were rumours of some sort of [eventual] Sky / Virgin / Microsoft crossover 'bundles' not so long ago. How these would work I don't know. Whether or not they were true I don't know either...?!?!?! It could well be wishful thinking.

I plan on plugging Sky into the One until the 'snap in' works properly.

I'm not quite sure how the HDMI input works on the One, can you have PIP or use the snap?

Mito Sportiva 135
I still can't really see the advantage of having Sky plugged into my Xbox...all it takes to switch at the moment is pressing "input" on the remote and switching to satellite from game. If they want to better that they have to do it in less that 1 button press...

If there are any other advantages to me I fail to see what they are right now.

Give me games please.

I plan on plugging Sky into the One until the 'snap in' works properly.

I'm not quite sure how the HDMI input works on the One, can you have PIP or use the snap?

Snap is like PIP but works more like an app, if you're playing a game you can open something like skype with voice command and it will pop out from the right hand side of the screen.

I still can't really see the advantage of having Sky plugged into my Xbox...all it takes to switch at the moment is pressing "input" on the remote and switching to satellite from game. If they want to better that they have to do it in less that 1 button press...

If there are any other advantages to me I fail to see what they are right now.

Give me games please.

I understand what you're saying. Currently if I'm on the 360, I have to change the source on the amp to view Sky, so one button.

On the One, I guess I can just say 'Xbox, change source' or 'Xbox, watch TV' (whatever the correct term is). And I'm now watching Sky.

I also see it as a benefit to see notifications while watching Sky (I'm sure my wife will disagree very quickly) for game invites, or waiting for someone else to come online.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes perhaps, but very marginal benefits. I can see what MS are trying to do (take over the living room) but not sure people are ready for that just yet.

The thing I like console gaming is the simplicity, all these extra services are superfluos gubbings which add to costs, more things to go wrong and means people at MS lose focus of what's important - GAMING.

1.8 Civic EX
If you don't want your Sky/Virgin/Freeview box to go through Xbox One then simply don't plug it in.

Thats what I'll be doing. As the xbox will be in the living room, the otherhalf already gets annoyed that to be able to watch tv she has to turn on the tv, sky box, and amp. Add the xbox to the mix and she'll go all kinds of crazy lol It's just an added level of "complication" that isn't required. Plus I don't realy want my xbox to be on just to watch tv, and then (tin foil hat time) it sharing that data with everyone, what I'm watching etc. If/when we get a bigger place and can have a seperate room for the xbox, then it might get used.

Althought saying that, doesn't the current xbox already have a Sky app that basically works like a second sky box in the house anyway?

Mito Sportiva 135
More electicity required too, seems pointless keeping the xbox on all the time, plus the controller, when you're not actually using it.

If you are buying the XBOX sounds like you are buying the wrong one if you want simplicity and complete focus on gaming. MS have said all along it is NOT just about gaming but Entertainment as well, where as PS4 have said we dont care about Media we are about gaming....

Disagree. I am buying a One as I want Halo and Titanfall exclusives...I am buying it specifically for the games.

(back edited as out of posts!)

As for the electricity I just don't like needless waste and inefficiency.

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
Haters gonna hate ;)

I think the features are great. Ignoring the TV for now. The SNAP function and easily moving between apps within the XBOX without quiting a game completely is great and I would use this a lot. As for the SKY thing. Not overly bothered but if it works that would be cool.

LOL at Electricity. If you are that worried about the consumption I shouldnt bother buying one.

Althought saying that, doesn't the current xbox already have a Sky app that basically works like a second sky box in the house anyway?

There is one, yes, but you have to pay multiroom to use it.

More electicity required too, seems pointless keeping the xbox on all the time, plus the controller, when you're not actually using it.

Controller shouldn't need to be on (as I assume Kinect will control most things). I'll trial it with Sky through the One, but if it's a pain I'll revert back to normal.

My TV doesn't have a camera, so using Skype through the Xbox is awesome for me. I skype my Mum every week, and sitting in front of the iPad/iPhone is a pain, but this will be nice to use.

Revels Mum & Sister
The thing I like console gaming is the simplicity, all these extra services are superfluos gubbings which add to costs, more things to go wrong and means people at MS lose focus of what's important - GAMING.

If you are buying the XBOX sounds like you are buying the wrong one if you want simplicity and complete focus on gaming. MS have said all along it is NOT just about gaming but Entertainment as well, where as PS4 have said we dont care about Media we are about gaming....