ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White ph1 172 track car. Epic content!

ph1 172
Yep true, and the ast's do look the business too;)

Also, on another note, is the last weekend in May the weekend your aiming to go to the ring?

ph1 172
I will do pal, main thing is getting my top mounts done. My tyres are getting low but might get one track day out of them so will see.

Would want to go to snetterton I think as its local and I know my way round;)

GSXR + KDX220
Awsome progress Lewis, really loving white on the phase 1s! I'm keeping an eye on this ;)

ph1 172
Possibly as I have all the top hats and bearings etc. for coilovers with them, but I want to get them silent so I can keep them as I do like them:)

They are just in my bad books at present:nono:

Trafic 140dci
Bit of an update! She's running! So anyway Sunday we completed splicing the Omex 600 into the loom (i say we i mean DannyR mainly) but we never got the car running due to one of the wires coming out of the Omex plug, anyway i fixed that yesterday, tried starting it and was running horribly, overfueling so much it was dripping out of the Trumpets. So i got texting Matt at TDF who gave me a few things to try/check and had no luck yesterday so left it for yesterday and started again today. First thing Matt asked me to check was fuel injection pulse, and me not being very technically minded i just text him a picture of all the info on the computer when the Omex was plugged in, he then replied saying that my coolant temp shouldn't be -25 degree's lol. I had noticed this but i thought it was because the car wasn't running and cold, but Matt told me it should be roughly the same as the air temp. So i got under the Bonnet and then after checking the wires found one broken. Connected it back up and went to start the car and she spluttered to life :D once all the excess fuel had burn't off from the overfuelling it was running like a dream :) so i let it get warm and took it round the block for a test run.

The car ran perfectly, the map seem's fine on this car, if anything it seems to be responding to it better than the cup did! Only problem was the exhaust sounded horrible and the manifold to decat was blowing. Looking forward to getting the Oreca on at the weekend.

Hopefully this weekend i should be fitting the Oreca Group N exhaust, 182 manifold, 2118's + A048's, 15mm rear spacers and my odyssey race battery :) and if i get time i'll give the engine a spray of VHT paint :D

Will also get pictures and video's too :)

ph1 172
Good man:) Can't wait to see it out on track soon.

I have ordered a couple of bits for my ast's so should be fixed and ready for a track day by the end of the week.

I am going to try and do the one at snetterton at the end of this month...........you should too;)

Trafic 140dci
Good man:) Can't wait to see it out on track soon.

I have ordered a couple of bits for my ast's so should be fixed and ready for a track day by the end of the week.

I am going to try and do the one at snetterton at the end of this month...........you should too;)
Thanks mate, Fingers crossed i should be there, the 172 cup parts are selling really well :)

Glad to hear its running :) cant wait to see it!
Thanks mate you should see Saturday or Sunday, can't remember what day you said you were coming lol

Trafic 140dci
Got home from work with about an hour to spare of day light so i got my 2118's, 15mm rear spacers, stud and nut conversion all fitted :D

Even though i had et37 Team Dynamic Pro Race 1's on, i wanted to put a 2118 on without a spacer, just so i can see what i gain. The 2118's are et43. So here is a 2118 without a spacer:

6807417281_9eb0897e08_b.jpg

Studs wound in with thread lock:

6807423205_48b02a8953_b.jpg

Spacer on, must say i'm very impressed with the H&R's, light as a feather, and a very snug fit, was expecting them to be loose, like when your wheel sits on the hub, but they aren't, very tight so won't be falling off with wheel changes :)

6807428835_8082169513_b.jpg

6807434621_e0fafb2e40_b.jpg

Wheel on and notice the difference:

6807440365_910d340bc1_b.jpg

Some other pictures because i could :D

6807445661_a9e16f8954_b.jpg

6807453713_17298e568a_b.jpg

6807460343_cbdaa40dba_b.jpg

6807478089_6e1b6e722d_b.jpg

6807472981_e4ebfe824c_b.jpg

Filthy front bumper from my grubby hands working on the car :eek:

6807466321_0e3dbd0548_b.jpg

Should of really got shorter studs, but it's better to have them too long than too short. Must say i really like the 2118's on the ph1, suit it really well, need some white stickers, better get in touch with N2Graphix :)

Trafic 140dci
So i had today off work, which sucks really as i haven't earned anything, but gave me the chance to get more done on the car, i spent most of the morning getting parts off the Cup for people. First thing i done for the ph1 was get the Odyssey race battery out of the Cup so i could hook it upto the C-Tek trickle charger. I was then pleased to see in the 2 weeks the car hadn't been used, and the very cold weather, the battery hadn't lost any charge, and was reading full charge straight away!

6812057195_b7a725ac27_b.jpg

So i got the seats out of the ph1 ready to mount the battery and hit a problem strait away. The ph1 had the seat rails removed and the seats were bolted directly to the floor of the car, leaving about 60mm below the bottom of the seat and the floor, so i thought no problem, put some 20mm spacers between the seat and subframe and problem solved, but then i noticed the sliders on the seats had the catch's and wires under the seat lower than what the bottom of the seat, leaving no space in the middle of the seat for the battery.

6812133763_6f7e48c13e_b.jpg

So i had a quick look at my old Monaco S seats out of my cup and noticed the sliders were different, without a wire and catch going through the middle!

6812143011_30ac1eb913_b.jpg

It's pretty hard to see what i'm talking about in the pictures, but anyway with the sliders off my old seats the battery would have enough space in height, with only about 20mm of spacer in width between the sliders. Whilst changing them over i also fitted 20mm spacers to give a bit of extra height. so i measured up and marked out where the battery was going and got it fixed.

6812149311_ee07246cfb_b.jpg

I then got the seat into the car and it fitted over the battery perfectly.

6812155157_cfe04f85ea_b.jpg

I then also fitted 20mm spacers to the drivers seat and it was a much better height now, in the future i may look at getting some seat rails welded in, but i'm happy as it is right now :)

By this point it was 2 o clock, i was hungry, and had lots of parts to pack up ready for the post office, so i called it a day there :)

ph1 172
Then they're not fitted correctly

They are.

I have cancelled it down to the "UFO" shaped collar that fits on first and up inside the bottom of the top mount. This is not a snug fit. There is wear around the top lip which causes very small movement once located. Both bearings are tight and moveable.

I have the part coming from ast so shall put it on and find out

ph1 172
Its possible, its only one of the "UFO" shaped collars that is loose in both bearings if that makes so new ones are coming:)

Trafic 140dci
So today i braved the cold and decided to crack on with the car, first job on today's list was the 182 manifold... wasn't looking forward to this. Got the car all jacked up and was ready to go...

6817346875_fae05f46b0_b.jpg

The night before i had a good read of the guide on here which was pretty helpful tbh. I started off by getting the bolt the connects the steering rack, what a pain that was! anyway 10 minutes later it was out. I then set about undoing the bolts that hold the sub frame on, they all came undone fine apart from the last one (one of the 18mm bolts that hold it to chassis near steering rack.) These have a captive nut on the other side and the bit that held it on broke off as i tried to undo the bolt, i tried getting at the nut with a spanner but had no luck. Because it was so cold i just gave up for today, when the weather is abit better ill grind the bolt off and put a new one in, but today i just wanted to get done and get in the warm lol.

I then set about getting the Oreca Group N exhaust fitted, pretty straight forwards job, an hour later it was done. After that i got my Odyssey battery wired up, relocated the ECU and got rid of the inersha (sp) switch.

Only got a few photo's just wanted to get in the warm lol.

6817361733_323b81de84_b.jpg

6817369597_36b98e5504_b.jpg

6817377607_cef9360f38_b.jpg

Weather dependent, tomorrow i will fit my Whiteline ARB, cut down the inside of my bonnet so my air filter doesn't foul on it and VHT paint my rocker cover :)

If i get that done, it only leaves my 182 manifold & Vibratronics upper gearbox mount left to fit and that's all my old parts on :)

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Looking good mate.

Regards the subframe bolts, you can get a deep necked ring spanner on the nut, just make sure you pick out all the broken bits of the retaining tag, I had to do this on all the subframe bolts on the Cup when I was stripping it down. They can be hard going if they're well rusted up but doing it that way prevents any risk of damaging the subframe or the chassis leg trying to grind them off.

Trafic 140dci
Looking good mate.

Regards the subframe bolts, you can get a deep necked ring spanner on the nut, just make sure you pick out all the broken bits of the retaining tag, I had to do this on all the subframe bolts on the Cup when I was stripping it down. They can be hard going if they're well rusted up but doing it that way prevents any risk of damaging the subframe or the chassis leg trying to grind them off.
Thanks mate, If i can get hold of one i'll give it a try as i don't have one at the moment, was trying all sorts of spanners and sockets today. Really need to fit that manifold as the ECU has been mapped to suit that set up so see it as a bit of a priority to make sure it's running healthy :)