ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White 1.2

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Okay so here's how it looks.....
image4_zpsf9f88b29.jpeg
STANDARD!!!

Nothing done to it but a couple hundred quid sound system, some chrome plate surrounds & a beesting ariel! BORING!

Hopefully in no time atall itll be jazzed up and looking braw.

So got a few ideas looking for opinions and suggestions...

Aftermarket alloys (Already of the hunt for those) What size 16's 17's ??
1*2 Grille, will get one off eBay as soon as. Apparently they are a must have for a non sport.
Cup spoiler ? heard a few people say they are also a must have ?
Thinking about colour coding, what do you think ? I've never seen a white one colour coded before ?
Gonna carbon wrap the interior trims.

Now for preformance mods, here im a complete noob so all suggestions welcomed ?

Thanks for having a read, let me know what you think :cool:

Okay so here's how it looks.....
View attachment 97210
STANDARD!!!

Nothing done to it but a couple hundred quid sound system, some chrome plate surrounds & a beesting ariel! BORING!

Hopefully in no time atall itll be jazzed up and looking braw.

So got a few ideas looking for opinions and suggestions...

Aftermarket alloys (Already of the hunt for those) What size 16's 17's ??
1*2 Grille, will get one off eBay as soon as. Apparently they are a must have for a non sport.
Cup spoiler ? heard a few people say they are also a must have ?
Thinking about colour coding, what do you think ? I've never seen a white one colour coded before ?
Gonna carbon wrap the interior trims.

Now for preformance mods, here im a complete noob so all suggestions welcomed ?

Thanks for having a read, let me know what you think :cool:

Nice colour pal, don't see many 3 door white 1.2 clio's around!

Colour coding is a must personally, but when it comes to the side strips don't do white bullets, maybe anthracite?

Deffinately 16" alloys buddy, and some 40mm lowering springs will give her a nice stance :)

In terms of performance, there's nothing you can do to a little 1.2 to gain bhp. I have a induction kit and aftermarket scorpion exhaust set up, just makes her sound great, however little/if any performance gains :)

Good luck pal. Check out my thread and let me know what you think

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Thanks mate, thinks that's why I chose this over the rest!

Was thinking either that or pearl black.

On the hunt for them the now but cant seem to find a set that really stands out! How easy/hard is it to lower yourself ? Recommend giving it a go or paying a garage ?

Didn't think their would be, will look into an induction kit and exhaust ;)

Will do mate, cheers :)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
An RS Grille will be the next purchase after the alloys.

Got a set of osram night breakers on her aswell, hopefully upgrade to angel eyes when i get payed.

Will do man ;)

I wouldn't suggest angel eyes mate... The only car I've ever really liked them on was on Danman's other than that I'm not a fan.

Hold on, I never had angel eyes ;)

Car looks like a good start mate. The plans sound good too. I'd go 15" wheels though, they look a lot nicer when lowered and also handle better.

Not really much you can do to a 1.2 in terms of performance. Maybe a cone filter to sound sportier?

Oh s**t just went back and looked, don't know why I thought you had them mate... My bad :quiet:

Let me rephrase that then... I do not like angel eyes... :rasp:

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Hmmm might give the angel eyes a miss and have a look at the 172/182 xenons!

How difficult is it to colour code yourself ?

Cheers for the replies, making me look forward to getting a start made with the mods ;)

Oh s**t just went back and looked, don't know why I thought you had them mate... My bad :quiet:

Let me rephrase that then... I do not like angel eyes... :rasp:

Haha :p I bet you meant Billy, he has the same colour that mine was. Think he sold them to Spinksy.

Hahaha this is my worry, i dont trust myself! But can always give it a bash and buy if it fails miserably. Which it probably will!

It's not too hard mate, just make sure you prepare it well, that's important so it don't start peeling in a few weeks.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Whites a good base. Nice drop, 172 rear bumper, colour coded, xenons, fogs and some decent wheels. I'd go for silver though as its a bit fresher and I'm not a fan of black on white.

White 182 Rep
welcome moffx
oh the days of a stock white clio, mine use to look exactly like that! first thing i did was a rs grill, completely transforms the car!
*btw don't get 17's, the owner before me thought it would look good, they look like a 4x4, just a tip!

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Just finished carbon wrapping the dash strips, will get the centre console done tomorrow if I can figure how to get it off!!

The more I've been thinking about it the more I'm leaning towards silver, depends what I see.

Thanks for the welcome mate! Yeah it's the first think I'm gonna do as soon as I get a set I wheels on her, just sharpens up the front end :) Think from what everyone's been saying ill go for 16's and drop it 40. I'll keep updating the thread with pics as it starts to come together ;)

Haha :p I bet you meant Billy, he has the same colour that mine was. Think he sold them to Spinksy.

It's not too hard mate, just make sure you prepare it well, that's important so it don't start peeling in a few weeks.

My angel eyes were the nicest example of angel eyes, if that's possible lol. 1*2 projectors FTW!

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Still no luck finding a decent set of alloys! Anyone got a set for sale or know anyone that has ? Cant really start doing much till I have alloys.

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Finally got myself a set of rims ;) went with the 17s, couldn't resist. (Will get pics up later, on my phone)

Anyway so I got them home eager to put them on and boom. Taking of my front passenger side wheel and the head snapped off one of the nuts, anyone any idea what to do now ? Cant get anything to grip it and I can't just take the other 3 off and pull cause the thread is still there. Any ideas would be fantastic! Cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 93
Finally got myself a set of rims ;) went with the 17s, couldn't resist. (Will get pics up later, on my phone)

Anyway so I got them home eager to put them on and boom. Taking of my front passenger side wheel and the head snapped off one of the nuts, anyone any idea what to do now ? Cant get anything to grip it and I can't just take the other 3 off and pull cause the thread is still there. Any ideas would be fantastic! Cheers.

17's :-(

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
have the exact same 17inch rims as you mate. Look really nice :) how much did you pay for your set?

MK3, 1.2. 16V
imagejpeg

Colour coded dash strips done! (Yes I know there's a bubble but not bad for my first try) No idea how to get the hazard surround off to do that ? Anyone any ideas ?

Yeah man I think they're cracking, not to everyone's taste but oh well :p Got them used for £160, 4 brand new tyres on them! Coupla kerb scuffs on them but nothing a touch up kit wont fix and for £160 can't complain! What about yours ? Will get pics up of them on tomorrow.

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
paid £240 for mine a while back they had been barley used at all. no kurb marks or anything although i managed to kurb one yesterday so im going to be needing a touch up kit as well :/ i carbon wrapped a few things in my car too mate. seems our cars are very similare. only difference is mine is black :)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Okay so I know the threads been dead for a coupla weeks and thats the way its probs gonna go!! I'll be doing everything I can with the money I have the first week after payday then live in poverty till next payday :( The horrors of being payed monthly. Anyway the plans for this month are, colour coding the bump strips etc, getting my 3/4 front plate and RS grille. I know its no much but as I say this is gonna be slow progress. But the end product will be worth it :) I'lll have pics up as things get done ;)

Iceberg 172

might be a bit difficult with just the size of the bolt, but when i got my locking wheel nuts off with no key i used a mash hammer and a chisel to knock them round. some heat would help too.