ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The victim of snow thread...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Damn it :mad:

Just done a 15 mile trip from cinema to girlfriend to mine... first corner off from girlfriends went round a corner so slow I was hardly moving (was pouring with snow!) and slowly drifted into a curb. Felt ABS kick in but despite my efforts nothing could stop me from sliding into it, felt like slow motion I was going so slow!

Got home thinking it won't be too bad but it's around 7-8" long and quite deep :quiet: and I just gave the car a nice polish on Saturday! Gutteeed :(

?
Got home thinking it won't be too bad but it's around 7-8" long and quite deep :quiet: and I just gave the car a nice polish on Saturday! Gutteeed :(

Dont understand, what happened? did you kerb an alloy? scratch your car?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just the wheel buddy! So could be worse... I'll get a pic tomorrow.

NB: The ABS in Clio's is s**t :dapprove:

Phase 1 172, boxster
I was just coming home in the Corrado and at the bottom of my road there is a moderatly steep hill, as i approached a CTR was backing down it cos he couldnt make it up, i went round him and made it up just fine, bet he wasnt pleased lol

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Yep the snows certainly been coming down big time round these parts in last few hours!! Just also did around 15 mile trip back from g/f's, but in a C-max from work. Stupid gay electric handbrakes FTL!! :nono:

And abs is always utter tripe in snow.

Went past a Discovery properly in a ditch on the A128 just outside Brentwood....... :rolleyes:

Took me 10 mins to get the mpv into my drive too, and its only a very slight incline!! A few slightly hairy sideways moments and a lot of noise later I got it in.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
s**t myself when the steering goes light and you feel a slight drift!

On the plus side my car's going in for it's service tomorrow, just up the road, so I don't have to drive to work as someone's picking me up :D

Next year I'll think I'll buy a snow-only car that I don't care about :eek:

200 cup & 106 GTi
I had to leave the trophy in someone elses drive because i got stuck in a valley and it wouldn't go up the hill on either side, after very nearly crashing on the way down one side! Walking home in the snow wearing good year trainers isn't good, had to walk on the small amount of verge there was to get some grip!

Bumder With A Buffer
s**t myself when the steering goes light and you feel a slight drift! On the plus side my car's going in for it's service tomorrow, just up the road, so I don't have to drive to work as someone's picking me up :D Next year I'll think I'll buy a snow-only car that I don't care about :eek:
imo we should have snow tyres. They have a law in Germany where in winter u have to have snow tyres on which is right! But were british and we think we'l be alrite.

Arctic Blue FF 182
imo we should have snow tyres. They have a law in Germany where in winter u have to have snow tyres on which is right! But were british and we think we'l be alrite.

We think we will be alrite, but at the first snow flake the country goes into panic mode!haha

Gota love us brits

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Reminds me of my time in siberia.

Tbh, if the snow didnt kill you the KGB would.

Bad times.

M2 Competition

We will be alright.

We have half an inch of snow for 1-2 days a year, call it 5 inches and everyone panics and thinks its an emergency.

Learning to drive ftw.

The 182 is impossible in the snow mate. Well my 182Cup is anyway. Wide summer tyres on a car than weighs nothing + always over-sensitive ABS = FAIL.

I've been driving in snow for decades without a problem or incident, until I got my 182 and now I never bother. Not worth sliding backwards down a hill while pulling away on 1% throttle in 3rd gear...

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Made it to work this morning in my 182. Why do c u n ts still insist on driving at 90 mph+ on the M4. They the wonder why they crash.

Was funny though a knob in his laguna came up behind me I was doing 40mph no more. I moved over and he sped off. A mile up the road he had spun off and wrecked his car. I was p issing myself!!! As I drove past I rolled the window down and called him a c u n t.... AWESOME

Made it to work this morning in my 182. Why do c u n ts still insist on driving at 90 mph+ on the M4. They the wonder why they crash.

Was funny though a knob in his laguna came up behind me I was doing 40mph no more. I moved over and he sped off. A mile up the road he had spun off and wrecked his car. I was p issing myself!!! As I drove past I rolled the window down and called him a c u n t.... AWESOME

That IS awesome. Maximum fail.

BG182®
Just be travelling on the M25 at 5mph for over 20 miles. Such joy when your dying for a piss. I must of seen at least half a dozen people stuck on the way.

***Also If anyone gets public transport in London there will be NO buses... Not even one...***

I know it may seem funny but i try not to laugh at someones misfortune, because yeah he was driving like a loon but what if you get caught out and someone laughs at you. You wont be best pleased.

09 GIXXER 750!!!
^^^ Well he only wrecked his motor so he deserved it. if he had been driving at 30-40 it would not have happened!!

^^^ Well he only wrecked his motor so he deserved it. if he had been driving at 30-40 it would not have happened!!

Oh yea i dont disagree with you in that aspect, i was out with friends last night in the snow, and we saw a couple of bumps, they all laughed but for most of them, they have never driven in the snow so they'll probably be the next ones stuffing there cars. Then they wont be laughing.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
The 182 is impossible in the snow mate. Well my 182Cup is anyway. Wide summer tyres on a car than weighs nothing + always over-sensitive ABS = FAIL.

I've been driving in snow for decades without a problem or incident, until I got my 182 and now I never bother. Not worth sliding backwards down a hill while pulling away on 1% throttle in 3rd gear...

I agree completely Roy.

Hills + ice/snow are a big no/no as well. Had to turn back on the way to work this morning and go a different route which is a 5 mile detour!

330Ci (Fail)Sport

I don't really like laughing at people crashing, but if they're going to drive like a knob then they deserve it. Glad he wrecked his car. If hadn't crashed, who knows how many kids playing in the snow he could have killed later today....

Petrol Blue 182.
im a victim, curbs! wheels poking out the arch, im hoping the camber bolt came loose and its on positive camber