ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Southwest monthly big meet at Exeter - 2nd friday of the month - 8:30pm

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes mate, we will be leaving taunton at 7:45 from the carpark between halfords and the sainsburys petrol station.

PM me if you dont have my number.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Good to see you all last night, shame we turned up late but great turnout!

Please no burnouts at the Barn Owl next time, or that guy will punch someone.

Chip did you go to Exmouth?

182 Cup
Yeah was hoping to see a good fight there!! Chip didn't make it to exmouth as OCD's misfire was getting worse so headed home. How'd all your pics turn out, stick some up int it.

182 Cup
Cool, I'll bring mine next time, if I'd ave known there would be as many turn up as did I would've brought it!

PB Clio 172
Why was there nearly a fight was it something we did ?

All I saw was a very drunk and angry slaphead ! lol and his wife trying to stop him fighting someone!

Was a great meet so nice to see so many peps and Clios, hope the turnout will be just as good next time :p

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't got a problem with all that down Exmouth seafront because it's out of the way of normal people. In a packed pub carpark with normal members of the public wandering around (not to mention a hotel full of people sleeping) isn't really suitable.

Hoon responsibly.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Hmm, I was going to consider popping to one of these at some point but doesn't really sound like my thing. Meets used to be more about parking cars up and getting to know people than making noise and pissing off locals...

182, 6r GTi
i thought was a pretty good turnout, i didn't hear anyone doing burnouts so couldn't comment. was a nice friendly bunch and had a good old chinwag down the seafront with everyone, there will always be a couple but thats the same with everything, think its quite a good starting point for meets to come, think the turnout was as good as it was because everyone had chance to sort things out and not have work.

PB Clio 172
Hmm, I was going to consider popping to one of these at some point but doesn't really sound like my thing. Meets used to be more about parking cars up and getting to know people than making noise and pissing off locals...

If you dont go to the meets you will never know, it was far from a 'cruise' scene that you seem to picture. You werent in Exmouth so how do you know what went on ?

Was a good meet had a good old natter with some peps and everyone is always so friendly! Roll on the next meet :p

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest on the whole we're well behaved, even at Exmouth most of us were parked up chatting (apart from Aaron demonstrating the overrun map!) and attempting to take pictures.

BMW E46 330i Touring
If you dont go to the meets you will never know, it was far from a 'cruise' scene that you seem to picture. You werent in Exmouth so how do you know what went on ?

Was a good meet had a good old natter with some peps and everyone is always so friendly! Roll on the next meet :p

I have attended a few meets in my 8 years on here, albeit usually arranged in conjunction with a set of friends so that catching up has more relevance than the cars we all drive. I'm not sure it's me that has set the 'cruise scene' image though:

Please no burnouts at the Barn Owl next time, or that guy will punch someone.

Yeah was hoping to see a good fight there!!

Why was there nearly a fight was it something we did ?

All I saw was a very drunk and angry slaphead ! lol and his wife trying to stop him fighting someone!

I think he was angry at all the noise we were making.

Yeah but a certain member spinning his wheels in the car park doesn't give us a very good reputation.

What's a meet without a burn out and some flames?

I haven't got a problem with all that down Exmouth seafront because it's out of the way of normal people. In a packed pub carpark with normal members of the public wandering around (not to mention a hotel full of people sleeping) isn't really suitable.

Hoon responsibly.

Maybe I'm just getting old though!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
As I said after all that, it's only one or two people who did anything like that, most of us are well behaved.

I've uploaded what pictures are vaguely recognisable. I didn't really get any pictures at Exmouth last time so I wasn't expecting wonders here. (They may not be working at the moment.)
DSCF1942s.jpg
DSCF1949s.jpg
DSCF1950s.jpg
DSCF1951s.jpg
DSCF1952s.jpg

182 Cup
I think the wrong picture is being painted here guys, nothing wrong was done when leaving the barn owl, and those two guys were arguing together before we even left the pub, as always there was some spirited driving between Exeter and exmouth but that's part of including a drive in the meet, yes at exmouth there was some overrun being demonstrated but no cruise style burnouts etc and was mainly just chatting/picture opportunity.

182, 6r GTi
Wasnt even me driving the car ;)

as shifty said realy tho.
it was more talking than anything.

im sorry Aaron but your behavior was totally unacceptable haha ;) naaa was a good nite a better location for after next time tho so pics can be taken Dartmoor if in the day? exeter view carpark is all lit up if at night.

few pics of my car i see :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Wasn't being critical; I wasn't there so can't pass any judgement! I think perhaps my meet days are behind me though!