ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Renaultsport Clio 182 replacement...

... Mini Cooper S JCW R53-210.

If it stays as reliable as My Clio was i'll be chuffed! The thing that strikes me most is how much better its put together compared to the Renault. and the sound of that supercharger is.... well..... Music to my shell like.

Attachments

• DSCF0001_001.JPG
    DSCF0001_001.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF0003_001.JPG
    DSCF0003_001.JPG
    319.7 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF0004_001.JPG
    DSCF0004_001.JPG
    409.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0006_001.JPG
    DSCF0006_001.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF0005_001.jpg
    DSCF0005_001.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mint, i'm saving up for a cooper s as my 172 replacement, won't be a works though and has to be gunmetal grey. How much you pay for that? What age is it?

If I was to get one would have to make it as manly as possible :( They have always 'leaned' towards being a Girls car -remembers that I drive a clio- lol

Anyone got any nice pics of Black/Gunmetal/Dark Blue Cooper S's?

Mint, i'm saving up for a cooper s as my 172 replacement, won't be a works though and has to be gunmetal grey. How much you pay for that? What age is it?

Its a November 2003 Model. got a GOOD deal from Sytner. wangled FOUR NEW Dunlop SP sport tyres out of em to Paid 12K. but get 12mths warranty and loads of other stuff with it as its "cherished"

well pleased

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nice, i was looking at private, about 10kish, 2004 plate sort of age, doesn't the TLC thing include warranty?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Though you could buy extra warrantee, my mate has 5 years on his, or is he being a cretin.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Though you could buy extra warrantee, my mate has 5 years on his, or is he being a cretin.

You buy the tlc package from new.Its about 200 quid for the mini up to 6-700 for a 7 series,this gives you servicing for 5 years.Its about the best single thing BMW have ever done i reckon

As for the cars there ok.Dont like the whine everywhere you drive and the mpg is going to hurt

MK1 16v
excellent car mate, i'm a bmw tech and they were good fun doing them works kits. the new one is a bit of a weapon aswell. new air filter, exhaust and a software upgrade on the ecu with a disc that is made for that particular car. i took one out last week and they shift.

and to clear the air.

the shape in the picture called the R50 is a 1.6 supercharged engine.

the latest shape the r56 is a 1.6 turbo engine

182BG
my mum used to have one in that colour, just a normal cooper s, i finally managed to get the keys off her... i was quick to give them back, wasnt my cup of tea at all.

The s-works must shift though

Lee

BMW M2C
I got very tempted with a Cooper S works a while back. It was certainly quick enough, and very capable, nicely put together, but really didn't excite me at all. It's an odd feeling driving one hard though. You plant your foot and off it goes, no sign of torque steer at all.

The whine of the Supercharger wasn't something I liked, but pops and bangs from the Works exchaust were very addictive.

Nice car. I can understand why you went for it. Pricey though. From memory I think the one I looked at was a 54 and that was £17k!! That was 12 months ago though.

Lotus Elise 111R
I test drove one when I bought the clio, and tbh, it was the price that put me off...they quoted me a new one in 2004 with the bits I wanted on it at over 22k !! Probably a really nice car at 12k, maybe I ought to have another look, yours looks really nice, nice colour combo, but it seems to be all about the spec, not the colour...so so you can never really tell if it a bargain as no 2 are alike. Mine you, that is a good thing!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
More homosexual than the clio, but a gunmetal grey one has certain appeal

Elise 111R
... Mini Cooper S JCW R53-210.

If it stays as reliable as My Clio was i'll be chuffed! The thing that strikes me most is how much better its put together compared to the Renault. and the sound of that supercharger is.... well..... Music to my shell like.

It wont trust me :(, mine disintergrated around my ears. But when they are on form they're much more vibrant and frisky than any 1*2 and they sound the nuts with the Works exhaust

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
If I was to get one would have to make it as manly as possible :( They have always 'leaned' towards being a Girls car -remembers that I drive a clio- lol

Anyone got any nice pics of Black/Gunmetal/Dark Blue Cooper S's?

yep, heres mine :)

Picture638.jpg

Picture674.jpg

Picture1154.jpg

quite possibly the most fun car in the world imo :) love that blue one, wish mine was a 210 version :(

Mk4 .:R32
they look more manly once you lower them and put decent rims on it. lets face it the clio isn't exactly a butch muscle car is it?

Bet it's bit faster than the 182 as well!! Nice upgrade, although I personally don't like that colour blue

clio 182 FF
My mate has a jc works GP one, Looks good and it's quick but what happened to boot space and back seat leg space in the normal ones??? (jc works GP ) dont have back seats just a rear strut brace
Thats the only one I would have if I was to buy a mini..