ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

172 PH1
put on my oz f1's today with some spacers

xmogqho2.jpg

Do you have any more pics? What size spacers did you use?

172 Ph.1, 255 Ph.2
idefix23;

Do they put wheel weights on the outside of the wheels in europe?wtf,...ruins the look imo.

Dont know if Renault only did this in Europe. (Isnt UK in Europe too? ;))
But thats how the alloys came from Renault back in 2001.
I also got a set of OZ F1 16' last week and the unused spare wheel out of the trunk also had the wheel weights on the outside.

So as long as they dont fall off i will keep them ;)
If you have an unused sparewheel in the trunk, you could take a look on that to find out if your car also came with them on the outside.
I also saw a couple of other ph1 pics where the weights were on the outside....seemed to be normal in 2001 ;)

i32121_IMG3744.JPG

25mm on the front, 15mm on the back

i32122_IMG3732.JPG

Last edited:
  Clio RS 172 mk 2000
It's true. All spare wheels I've seen had the wheel weights outside. Horrible, but the standard in 2000 it seems.
You can only hope they didn't damaged the rim paint.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
wrong, mk1 is the best clio to own, preferably a phase 1 Williams or a phase 2 valver with a turbo.......not that i'm bias ;)

phase 1 172 is the second best but only in sunflower ;)

Dont know if Renault only did this in Europe. (Isnt UK in Europe too? ;))
But thats how the alloys came from Renault back in 2001.

I also saw a couple of other ph1 pics where the weights were on the outside....seemed to be normal in 2001 ;)

Here we go, my avatar pic circa 2000, wheel weights proudly on show ! :)

carpic.jpg

Some great looking cars, makes mine look an absolute shed!

Also, this is as a good a place as any to ask, does any body have some 15" F1's, I'm pretty desperate!