ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Maximum baller phones then faffing about with pauper charging cables? Really?

Surely for the sake of a few £s but minimum fuss it should be genuine Apple all the way?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Maximum baller phones then faffing about with pauper charging cables? Really?

Surely for the sake of a few £s but minimum fuss it should be genuine Apple all the way?

Agreed. You can get OEM cables from eBay for a decent price as well.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As long as they are MFI certified you are good to go.

Not sure if monoprice still ship to the UK but thats another good source.

Cj, not sure what you're doing pal - as above. Got my slate grey 16gb a week or so ago, just called Vodafone to send it back and upgrade to 32gb as my music from spotify won't fit. Two day turn around, set for delivery tomorrow...

Going nuts. Still nothing.

Has anyone successfully received a White (silver) 16GB?

Going nuts. Still nothing.

Has anyone successfully received a White (silver) 16GB?

That's bonkers, pal. I've had two in the time we've been talking in this thread - swapped the Slate "Gray" 16gb for the same but in 32gb guise. Not trying to wind you up. Just pointing out it might be worth cancelling and looking else where. Depends how fussed you are!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Apple store bluewater wouldn't sell me a 5S unless i was getting it on contract. Bit annoying tbh as i don't want a crappy contract.

Apple store bluewater wouldn't sell me a 5S unless i was getting it on contract. Bit annoying tbh as i don't want a crappy contract.
Can Apple sell contracts with any company?

I'm going to go to the Apple store 9am tomorrow, see if I can get an unlocked one. Sick of waiting for them to deliver it

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
The people i saw buying them on thursday had EE simcards. Not sure what other contracts they do.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They can sell any contract for any network. I bought a 32GB black one a couple of weeks ago in an EE store and went with the gf to buy a 16GB White one last week in the same store in Brighton. Apple had stock too for contracts.

Got my gold 32gb last Monday - love it!

1383254_10151958451979459_224038322_n.jpg

1385721_10151958451994459_88033897_n.jpg

1380775_10151958643649459_807325308_n.jpg

1381688_10151958643679459_256253149_n.jpg

Oh and cases/covers are for gays. X

I got my black 5S at the weekend. Got to the shop at 8.45am and I was 3rd in line. I bought a 2m charging cable too. It's weird just picking something up, buying it on your phone, then walking out the shop without speaking to anyone. Seems quite trusting of them.

I've decided to go case-less too. I put an all round screen protector on at the weekend, but noticed today there was a vertical line on the screen that looked like dead pixels. So I just had to peel off the protector to check and thankfully it is just a flaw in the protector.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Is anyone else going to be going for one of the new iPads? I'm due an upgrade as I'm still rolling with the 2.

Looking forward to the announcements tomorrow.

I'd like one. I still have an original iPad. It's chronically slow. Only use it as a radio and for Netflix in the kitchen now. Shame, as I loved using it when I first got it.

This made me google mini 2, who the f**k comes up with these retarded headlines...

iPad mini 2: Experts now say it WILL be released this month, and we may be seeing the iPad mini 3 next year
Mirror.co.uk ‎- 7 hours ago

I'm finding the mini rather s**t on iOS 7, could do with some more horsepower then again the Nexus 7 is probably much better value either way.

That's bonkers, pal. I've had two in the time we've been talking in this thread - swapped the Slate "Gray" 16gb for the same but in 32gb guise. Not trying to wind you up. Just pointing out it might be worth cancelling and looking else where. Depends how fussed you are!

Still waiting. 4 weeks now.

Got a call from CPW today, they've upgraded me FOC from a 16gb to 64gb. Should be here Thursday, we'll see.

Still waiting. 4 weeks now.

Got a call from CPW today, they've upgraded me FOC from a 16gb to 64gb. Should be here Thursday, we'll see.

Christ, well at least they've done something for you. Fingers crossed chap.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
My 5S is now in process of being dispatched. Light at the end of the tunnel.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Still waiting for my 32GB Gold 5S from o2. Been 4 weeks this saturday. I'm going to call them tomorrow and say if it isn't dispatched this week I'm cancelling my order.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
No joy. Said he doesn't have any clue when it will arrive. Been 4 weeks so I've got two left. Everywhere else I've looked is saying between 2 and 4 weeks for delivery. Although he did say if I haven't have ordered Gold it would probably be here by now.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Coincidentally I had a text earlier to say that mine is being delivered tomorrow. Set of pr*cks.

Golf R/Leon FR
My 5S keeps freezing, has done it 4 times this week. All from doing different things on the phone. Have restored it twice and has still done it. Will be going to Apple if it persists.