ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

AK

M240i
How late do the invites normally go out for an event? It the iPad event is rumoured to be 15th Oct surely the invites should be going out pretty soon?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Pretty sure it still does.
It won't ask for the passcode again if you've entered recently, and I think haven't locked the phone after.

It gets weirder! Figured it was because I was downloading stuff I already had on my previous iPhone. However, I went to get something new and I had to put in the password, even though I had selected to use Touch ID. Went into settings and for some reason Touch ID is all greyed out and I can't access it!? What's that all about :quiet:

On another note, is there a way to carry on progress on another iPhone!? I hate having to start all my games again, really winds me up. I'm surprised iCloud or Game Centre doesn't allow this, seems like a pretty basic function it should provide.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I quite like mine, f**k getting a red one. Will be buggered in a week.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
By the way, just a heads up... I'm sure you all know Apple have stopped you from being able to use fake cables to charge with. However I trawled through eBay and found one that claimed to have got it working with iOS 7.

I was sceptical to say the least, but it works! Also it's in black which is what I wanted with my black iPhone. If anyone else wants one, this is it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200966473942?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah my none genuine cables work fine, not had any error messages either.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
My non-gen work, although I get a message, and it seems a bit slower than the genuine one to charge. Although that may well just be circumstances, in that I'm charging and using it.

Other than that, all good.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Can be least 30 days wait now apparently through all the networks apparently. I was keen to get one but im thinking maybe not if you have to wait forever for it to come.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Well, I've finally cracked and got one LOL

Gone for a 64GB 5S, in Space Grey :cool:

I only wanted a 32GB one, but CPW are doing the 64GB for the same price as the 32GB at the moment, so may as well, they have them in stock too, unlike O2 who told me 5 weeks.

It works out cheaper than a 32GB one as a direct upgrade O2, plus £100 cashback through Quidco as well, so it was a no brainer.

Collecting from a local store, takes 2 days apparently, can't wait. :approve:

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Any news on the new iPad?

Ive had an iPad 2 Wifi since Launch, and I must be honest, I use it every single day of my life. The £399 I paid is a bargain when I workout the amount of use Im getting.

Its fine, its in mint condition, as It never leaves me bed, but Im thinking of upgrading, purely because I wont need 2x Cables (5S and regular charge ports)

Any release dates?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Slightly off topic but my new 27" iMac turned up on Friday, it's epic...

e3ema8ej.jpg

6/468 17poo
Well, I've finally cracked and got one LOL

Gone for a 64GB 5S, in Space Grey :cool:

I only wanted a 32GB one, but CPW are doing the 64GB for the same price as the 32GB at the moment, so may as well, they have them in stock too, unlike O2 who told me 5 weeks.

It works out cheaper than a 32GB one as a direct upgrade O2, plus £100 cashback through Quidco as well, so it was a no brainer.

Collecting from a local store, takes 2 days apparently, can't wait. :approve:

Good shout that mate, cracking deal, I was not going to upgrade but its rude not to!

I'm getting sick of waiting now, to the point the shine has gone.

Ordered mine and the Wife's from CPW on launch day. Mrs' came next day, mine still hasn't.

Each time I call they say no stock, and put it back another few days.

16gb runs out quickly now I have this Spotify premium deal from Vodafone. Didn't think about setting it to "offline" mode, clearly downloads it and stores it in the app, so got a message saying I couldn't take a photo the other day, lol!

Might have to talk to Vodafone about getting a £32 one instead...!

6/468 17poo

Ordered mine and the Wife's from CPW on launch day. Mrs' came next day, mine still hasn't.

Which model?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Ordered mine yesterday, email this morning to say its been despatched, collecting it tomorrow ;)

What colour & size did you order?

*edit - just read your other post, the only stock CPW have is space grey, all 3 sizes.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Good shout that mate, cracking deal, I was not going to upgrade but its rude not to!

Nothing wrong with my 4S to be fair, runs iOS7 perfectly and the battery life is great, but I just wanted a shiny new one LOL

Was too good a deal to ignore though

6/468 17poo
I just thought 2 year contracts pretty long thats the only thing putting me off when Ive been on sim only for sooooo long!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Ordered Sunday afternoon, collected this afternoon, awesome! :approve:

Just need to get it all setup now...

Any news on the new iPad?

Ive had an iPad 2 Wifi since Launch, and I must be honest, I use it every single day of my life. The £399 I paid is a bargain when I workout the amount of use Im getting.

Its fine, its in mint condition, as It never leaves me bed, but Im thinking of upgrading, purely because I wont need 2x Cables (5S and regular charge ports)

Any release dates?

The iPad event has reportedly been set for 22nd October

Cj, not sure what you're doing pal - as above. Got my slate grey 16gb a week or so ago, just called Vodafone to send it back and upgrade to 32gb as my music from spotify won't fit. Two day turn around, set for delivery tomorrow...