ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters
9 million iPhones sold over the weekend (admittedly thats a mix of 5S and 5C but reports saying 5C sales were well below 5S levels). iPhone 5 sold 5 million to compare. Also 200m iOS 7 users already.

Apple is doomed iirc.

An orange one
Im going with the concept that if i stay on ios 6.1.4 until next year, when i get the iphone 6, it'll be a herruuuugggee difference!

Think this is why people moan that apple dont change much between phones, when the software is available to pretty much put the recent variants on the same level ??

Golf R/Leon FR
I'll be changing from a 4 to the 5s tonight so im hoping for a massive change. Although iOS7 has improved the 4 performance compared to iOS 6.

Also does anyone know if you get a nano sim in the box?

I've found a bit of a glitch in the music player. On the "Now playing" screen, if you hold the phone landscape, lock the portrait orientation, then unlock, then lock again, the album view comes up but is stuck on portrait mode. You have to unlock the portrait orientation to get back to the player.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I've found a bit of a glitch in the music player. On the "Now playing" screen, if you hold the phone landscape, lock the portrait orientation, then unlock, then lock again, the album view comes up but is stuck on portrait mode. You have to unlock the portrait orientation to get back to the player.
I've found something similar. When plugged into the head unit in my car, when I turned the car off the music being played on the lock screen would disappear on iOS 6, but it stays present in iOS 7. To get rid of it I have to slide to unlock and then lock it again.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
No payg iPhones on stock anywhere. Only apple have them for October delivery.

Lou

Just picked up my 64GB one from CPW! Also got a 32GB one my mate asked me to order then changed their mind. So if anyone is looking for 32GB Space Grey PM me otherwise ill just return it to store for refund!

TTRS & V50
I'm an Apple man, but this will be my first iPhone as I have also felt the OS as boring and not as good as Android, I still stand by this but the iCloud alone far outweighs this.

Anyway, the above Eugegall has posted are crackin' results, may as well sell my goPro.

Can't wait till tomorrow, hopefully my Shadow Grey should arrive.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Only just realised you can add multiple fingers to the fingerprint reader. lol.

This feature is brilliant. Probably the best individual future since the release of the iPhone.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
You need a nice Aspinal case for that Euge. Let me know if you want me to sort something.

HAHA. I roll nekked with such a beautiful device. I've had 4 phones now, never had a case and never broken a screen.

Plus depends on whether Hayley still works there?

Wallet is going strong still...

Golf R/Leon FR
Well has the 5S set up for about an hour and it's such a huge leap from the 4! Slo mo camera is awesome.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
How are people finding battery on the new handsets and ios7?

The overall phone performance & battery life seem to be better on my 4S :eek:

AFD5731C-AF34-45FC-ACD9-7BF314F81AB2-2508-00000348DBAA100E_zps0c87e043.jpg

A full day's use and plenty of power left, wicked

I was all set for an upgrade, now I'm thinking I may not bother...

330Ci (Fail)Sport
My battery on my 4S has improved, 23% left after 5.5hrs use, usually it would have been on about 5% by now.

Tempted by a 5S, just not sure if it really is worth the £620 or to wait and hope for a bigger jump next year. Unlike from my 3GS, I "need" little extra from my 4S at the moment.

Clio 1.2 16V
Upgraded from my 4S, big difference for me and would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to make the same jump . Very nice device everything is so smooth, and touch ID works great. If I had an iPhone 5 I probably wouldn't upgrade though. Love the space grey colour too!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Upgraded from my 4S, big difference for me and would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to make the same jump . Very nice device everything is so smooth, and touch ID works great. If I had an iPhone 5 I probably wouldn't upgrade though. Love the space grey colour too!

What's the 5S battery like compared to the 4S?

Everyone I know with a 5 moans about battery life being poor and worse than their 4 or 4S

BMW E46 330i Touring
I did the change from 4s to 5s and battery is much better. Even with playing with it loads yesterday and having to entertain work colleagues, plus using it for a run after, it still had more battery left than my 4s used to have after I got home from work.

Golf R/Leon FR
My battery life is worse than my 4 but it probably needs a few charge cycles to work properly. Saying that people at work all want to see the slo mo video and fingerprint thing.

AK

M240i
Probably the background app updates/refreshes.

You can turn them off in settings somewhere. There was a link a few pages back.

Golf R/Leon FR
Probably the background app updates/refreshes.

You can turn them off in settings somewhere. There was a link a few pages back.

Cheers,

Did this earlier and my battery hasnt gone down much at all now. Still on 69% :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed, Andy - felt it was time for a new one and as I live/work in London, 4G does make a difference to me.

Must be nice, 3G would be a welcome change in my hometown, because of this I'm having to wait for my Voda contract to run out so I can switch network, I'm due an upgrade with Voda whoch is killing me :(

Must be nice, 3G would be a welcome change in my hometown, because of this I'm having to wait for my Voda contract to run out so I can switch network, I'm due an upgrade with Voda whoch is killing me :(

Sure Signal not an option, fella? Lifesaver for us, both parents' house and Lakes house suffer from low reception but only down the lanes i.e. inside the house. Once you get to the main village, it's 3-5 bars of 3G!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
5 bars of phone signal but Edge is all I can get throughout my whole town, Barely get a single bar and struggle to get GPRS when I'm near the Girlfriends house whereas she has solid 3G everywhere with EE :(

Nevermind its 'only' 8 weeks waiting.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I've not read through the thread, but what's the general hearsay as to when the next iPad comes out?

I'm going to buy one to take to meetings rather than using a writing pad, but I don't want to buy the latest model for the new one to come out almost instantly afterwards...

Ph2 172
I've just gone from 4S to 5S. When I upgraded to iOS7 on the 4S, battery life went down for sure - same with other guys in my office at work. However, battery life on 5S today has been better than the 4S was with iOS6.

I'm impressed overall with the phone.

Golf R/Leon FR
Really loving the 5S! Still can't get over how quick it is. If anyone is wondering if it's worth it from a 4/4S then do it. You won't be disappointed.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Really loving the 5S! Still can't get over how quick it is. If anyone is wondering if it's worth it from a 4/4S then do it. You won't be disappointed.

I'll be upgrading in a month or so. Grey or gold though?