ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters
  Two 0 Shitx
Can't decide if i want this or not... Hope the scanner isnt just a gimmick like siri is, never seen anyone use it, i only used it a couple of times messing around.

considering my iphone 4 is w**k, so much so the GSM chip has killed itself, i'll be getting the 5S.

Whats the deal with fingerprint stuff? working? not working? and this new chip... it meant to be good?

i have to ask i dont spend my life on apple.com so am slightly in the dark.

5C isn't on my radar. It's just a 5 that will be covered in more swirl marks than a 3G just by looking at it. 5S is a pretty impressive upgrade. Overall though that conference was a massive anti-climax and played out like a Costello promotional feature.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Epic fail on my post, I'm so slow and behind with these announcements lol

Just reading online now it's features :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks like I was one of the few who was underwhelmed by the new phone.

Nothing special jumped out at me, the finger print things been around for long enough on some of the Android hand sets.

Think ill either stick with my 4s for now or get the HTC One.

5S: Gold, Slate and White, 64bit chip (finally), much faster graphical performance, much better camera and features going on when you take the pics, slo mo, fingerprint reader on home button called "Touch ID" for unlocking phone and making App and iTunes purchases without having to type password in.

5C: Green, Blue, White, Pink and Yellow, basically a 5 with a plastic outershell.

People seemed to expect them to announce new iPads which I can't quite understand but never mind.

DB.

BMW 440i
Can't say I'm tempted to sell the 5 for a 5S and I've upgraded on the last two. Touch tech doesn't appeal much until there is a real use for it!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'll be hanging on to my 16GB 5 until I can upgrade in April. I'm thinking about a 16GB black 5s as a replacement.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Hmm undecided. Had every iPhone since the original including all the S versions.
iPhone 5 contract due an upgrade, but don't actually know if I want the 5S or something different.
Snob inside me says gold iPhone 5S FTW
everything else says try a galaxy S4
is there anything else to consider?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Love the blue and green 5C. Though at only £80 cheaper than the equivalent 5S, I'm not sure what to go for.

Will definitely be coming back to iPhone though. Just gotta pick which handset C or S?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've not fully read up on the network stuff.

I assume the C and S will support all UK carrier's 4G bands?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cant believe I missed it :(

5S: Gold, Slate and White, 64bit chip (finally), much faster graphical performance, much better camera and features going on when you take the pics, slo mo, fingerprint reader on home button called "Touch ID" for unlocking phone and making App and iTunes purchases without having to type password in.

5C: Green, Blue, White, Pink and Yellow, basically a 5 with a plastic outershell.

People seemed to expect them to announce new iPads which I can't quite understand but never mind.

Sold. When can I order one? Want amphasite

Last edited:
  An orange one
I'd like to see a "slate" 5S next to a black 5..

Doesnt look too dissimilar from what I've seen, bored of black phones now

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
iOS 7 GM has just been released so should be available to download / install tonight somewhere if you're not registered!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
no ta, its all useless unless they have made some serious improvements to the battery life. Ill wait until the public have been the Guinea pigs

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Think a 32Gb blue C is calling me lol.

Can still get a not bad price for my Sammy GS3 on recycling websites.

An orange one
I'd have a C over an S if 64gb was available, fact is..my 32gb 5 is full...think I've got about 1gb free.

Think the C in green looks awesome.. If I'd got a 64gb 5 I wouldn't bother with anything, surely they are going to have to release 128gb eventually??

I'm sold. My 4S is dying!

Glad they got rid of the black sides - chipped far too easy!

Cases look pretty good too.

Iphone 5 no longer on apple website. Guessing they no longer selling and and just using parts for the C.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
O2 have confirmed both the 5C and 5S will work with their 4G LTE network.

O2's prices will be revealed tomorrow for the plebs going down the contract route.

Still living with my 3GS at the moment... it's really slowing down of late though! Gold or black 5S for me I think, should see me right for another few years.

They're all in the 'accessories' section on the site - you can even preview what it will look like with the case fitted.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'll be getting a 5s. Got to be 32gb at least though.

4s has served me well for my first iPhone. Shame none of my docks will work though.