ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
So i was planning on ordering a 5s tomorrow, i guess i will have to wait until next week now :(

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Thats where the difference comes in. For low minute users, giffgaff is perfect.

They do a £15 one with 400mins and £20 for 2000mins but i guess your getting in to contract prices at that point.

My £10 giff gaff has been 500 mins unlimited texts and 1gb data for a few months now. I use about 30 mins lol

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I've decided to move to giff gaff with my 4s - the prices are great. I am looking forward to upgrading to iOS7, it's released on my b'day!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah, certainly was with the 5 launch.

If I was single, GiffGaff would be fine, but when you have a girlfriend who yaps, you need the minutes lol!

Get her on giffgaff. Giffgaff to Giffgaff calls & texts are free.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My £10 giff gaff has been 500 mins unlimited texts and 1gb data for a few months now. I use about 30 mins lol

This. I use hardly any minutes or texts because my wife is on giffgaff as well.

(Plus on the 1GB you are permitted use the data for tethering, except you can't on the iPhone because the carrier settings (O2) prohibit it!)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
This. I use hardly any minutes or texts because my wife is on giffgaff as well.

(Plus on the 1GB you are permitted use the data for tethering, except you can't on the iPhone because the carrier settings (O2) prohibit it!)

Wait, so you can't use iPhone-iPad personal hotspots on giffgaff?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I don't beleive so. Doesn't bother me but no doubt it would for many others.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
VODAFONE 12 MONTH CONTRACT

ScreenShot2013-09-13at091154_zpsb35767bb.gif

VODAFONE 24 MONTH CONTRACT

ScreenShot2013-09-13at091433_zps97aaebd2.gif

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Prices for the 5C so far are a bit high.

On the old prices with the 5 prices over 2 years worked out to be around £980 for the 16GB. And that was when the phone from Apple was £529. Now the price over 2 years with the 5C is £1033 when the phone from Apple is £469. Plus the tarrif is higher and if you forget to cancel the month it ends you're paying £41 a month.

I've just signed up for the £15/month One plan with Three and just going to buy the 5S next week. Black, unless I decide I want to feel like an arabian prince and get gold.

I think the grey actually looks best, but I'm still concerned about the finish chipping and marking, even though it seems less likely than the old black. My 5 is white so would want a change of colour ideally.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
O2 contract worker out cheaper for us.

Works out at £529.99 (£169.99 upfront and 24 x £15) for the phone (£20 cheaper than the phone from Apple) and £408 for the "Airtime plan" (24 x £17).

Phone from Apple + sim only tariff would be £1101. Contract from O2 is £937.99 so in total over the 24 months it saves me £163.01.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
We went for 2 x Blue 32Gb 5Cs. Emma had a last minute change of heart from red to blue.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
It's very tempting to swap from the 5. Hopefully iOS 7 is enough to stop me being fickle, 64Gb iPhones aren't cheap after all!

This could be the first year I hold off an upgrade.

I'm just not excited by the 5S. The Mrs is though, so I can't have her rubbing it in my face. Or the phone.

It's not exactly an upgrade if you already have a 5.

Fingerprint scanner - which is a gimmick
Faster CPU etc - great if you're playing the most graphic intensive games.
Few camera mods - useful, but the camera on the 5 is more than good for most people.

Apple is really lacking innovation lately.

What innovation were you expecting with an S model though?

EDIT: scanner is hardly a gimmick, as it means you don't have to keep tapping a code in. Seems pretty beneficial to me.

AK

M240i

EDIT: scanner is hardly a gimmick, as it means you don't have to keep tapping a code in. Seems pretty beneficial to me.

Coffee maker, dog walker, arse wiper?

Alas, I'll have to wait for the 6.

Lol exactly. Don't know what people expect. Apple reinvent the phone market, then people moan that they don't add lasers and s**t every year :D

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

I think it's a good idea too, especially with app updates and purchases.

I think going from a 4S to a 5S will be a good upgrade for me :)

I don't know really, but there wasn't exactly much innovation from the 4S to the 5, this is similar only a smaller step.

I don't bother with a code anyway so I'd never use it. And it would have to work perfectly EVERY TIME for me to consider using it.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Think I'm going for gold, just looked at more pics
Think it'll look even better in person too

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Lol exactly. Don't know what people expect. Apple reinvent the phone market, then people moan that they don't add lasers and s**t every year :D

Agreed. What is the next step in the phone market?

Have you seen Apples share prices, they have tumbled since the release.

An orange one
Been offered £239 trade in for my 32GB 5 against a 5S but I don't know the upfront costs yet of a 5S on O2