ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just realised how bad that picture is now it's on Tapatalk!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Vodafone - it's a s**t tariff for most I imagine, 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of data. But I'm usually at home or work, so have WiFi, I never get near 1GB just from the occasional bit of browsing when I'm out and about.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking forward to playing with the watch - it's the only smart watch on the market that I'd actually wear, because it looks nice as a watch, and not like a small phone on your wrist.

19211842141_ea1f2d1f7f_z.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Let us know how you get on with the M360. Being able to "OK google" without having to dig my phone out from my pocket has appealed for a while now. You can do that on the 360?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm looking forward to playing with the watch - it's the only smart watch on the market that I'd actually wear, because it looks nice as a watch, and not like a small phone on your wrist.

19211842141_ea1f2d1f7f_z.jpg
How is that a smart watch? Genuinely looks like a normal watch?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
How is that a smart watch? Genuinely looks like a normal watch?
Google Moto 360.

It's not the best watch on the market by any means in terms of spec - but I didn't want a square on my wrist, I wanted something that looks like a watch when not in use. The only other circular one is the LG G Watch R, which I've put a picture of below - it's still very nice, but a bit too G-Shock style for me, I liked that the Moto was just a thin silver bezel.

lg-g-watch-r-lede.jpg

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member

I mainly wanted to change songs without taking my phone out my pocket, which is gonna be very handy now, because the Nexus 6 is f**king huge, don't wanna be getting it in and out of my pocket all the time.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How you enjoying the Nexus mate? Really fancied a 6 but I use my camera a lot so it was a bit of a deal breaker with the Samsung N4. Still loving it, had zero issues with it in nearly 12 months, the size at times is still a bug bear, one handed operations dependant it can be annoying but I think the pros of the big screen and the display is still to be beaten imo, far outweigh the cons.

New Note out soon ( http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...xy-note-5-s6-edge-images-leaked-10436814.html ) , similar specs just a bit better and no removable back, it will look better but the fact I can't have an SD card makes me happy with the N4 for now. I think fast charging has negated second batteries completely, the speed my N4 charges still shocks me.

I'll see how the next Nexus looks etc and screen size and possible move on to that, camera again will be a big decider.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
How you enjoying the Nexus mate? Really fancied a 6 but I use my camera a lot so it was a bit of a deal breaker with the Samsung N4. Still loving it, had zero issues with it in nearly 12 months, the size at times is still a bug bear, one handed operations dependant it can be annoying but I think the pros of the big screen and the display is still to be beaten imo, far outweigh the cons.

New Note out soon ( http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...xy-note-5-s6-edge-images-leaked-10436814.html ) , similar specs just a bit better and no removable back, it will look better but the fact I can't have an SD card makes me happy with the N4 for now. I think fast charging has negated second batteries completely, the speed my N4 charges still shocks me.

I'll see how the next Nexus looks etc and screen size and possible move on to that, camera again will be a big decider.
As you, I still love my N4. It's been brilliant. I'm not so sure on the new design for the N5.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Anyone got a Nexus 6P, how you finding it?

My LG G4 ROM s**t itself last night so need a new phone.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got a Nexus 6P, how you finding it?

My LG G4 ROM s**t itself last night so need a new phone.

Love my 6P. Best built Nexus I've owned and I've had the 4, 5, 6 and 6P. Finger print scanner is in a great place and is really quick. Power button and volume switches are great and tactile. Screen is nice, battery life is great, usb C is awesome and makes throwing it on charge so much easier when I get into bed in the dark.

Not much else to say really, it's just like every stock Android experience but better built and snappier.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
April is Android month guys! Mega release of phones!

Anyone picked up the new S7 edge? I don't like the S7 design too plain!

It may be Note6 when it comes out in Autumn but I fancy maybe a tad smaller screen. The S6 edge+ felt great in the hand and the screen was adequate. So hard to downsize screen! :(

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'm ready to upgrade my Nexus 5 anytime now(actually since September) but I don't want to settle for the 5x or 6p as they're already fairly old now. I also don't want a Samsung. Anything I need to be looking out for?

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
I've picked up the S7 Edge. Had it on launch so had it just over two weeks now. I came from the S6 Edge and I said I wouldn't want a phone any bigger. But as you said the S7 design is too plain so I went with the Edge again and I really like it. I have the Gear S2 (won it through work) as well so it made sense for me to stick with Samsung although I did consider the G5 for a time.

I know what you mean about downsizing the screen. I used my S6 Edge today and it felt so tiny in comparison.

S7 Edge has had a lot of stick for the camera being 'downgraded'. But side by side with the S6 Edge the camera is superior. Battery life as well... much better. I can get a day and a half out of it with quite regular use and my watch connected via Bluetooth all day.

Note 6 is meant to be a bigger screen again. I would recommend having a look at the S7 Edge. Working in phone sales though a lot of people are put off by the price of them.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
A lad in college had one of those curvy wide screen android things today.

It looked pretty ace, the colours were vivid as hell, and the screen curving around the edges was quite a novelty. But, like most android things I've seen, looked properly gash to use, laggy, unresponsive, nasty gimmicky tat.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
But, like most android things I've seen, looked properly gash to use, laggy, unresponsive, nasty gimmicky tat.

Don't associate that experience with android. That'll be the device. My Nexus is none of those things, and its nearly 36 months old

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

It looked pretty ace, the colours were vivid as hell, and the screen curving around the edges was quite a novelty. But, like most android things I've seen, looked properly gash to use, laggy, unresponsive, nasty gimmicky tat.
We've got several devices at home, across both operating systems. Neither is buggy/laggy/unresponsive in the slightest.

Not understanding how to use either OS doesn't make it 'tat'.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I've got the oneplus 2, had it about a month now. I've got to say I'm really impressed. Good screen, speedy at everything I need it to be and cheap enough to.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

He must have it chock full of s**t stuff because none of the new phones are laggy. My Note 4 embarrassed some standout phones in performance tests on release.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
He must've had a bad one then.

Is it android that uses a load of different manufacturers to make their phones/load their is to?
Yes. If it's not Apple or Windows (not many devices use Windows iirc) then it's more than likely Android.
Google get phone companies to make their phone for them to run stock Android each year (this year Huwai have made the 6p and I think LG made the 5x). This is Android at its best. Then a few months later, it's released to other manufacturers who then put their own skin on it, Sony, Samsung etc.

Google devices (Nexus) always get the newest version of Android first.

Monaco 172
Anybody got any experience with the Sony xperia Z5 compact? pro's and con's. A big selling point is the camera and i'd go for the compact over the regular Z5 as i cannot stand big phones.

Cheers.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm ready to upgrade my Nexus 5 anytime now(actually since September) but I don't want to settle for the 5x or 6p as they're already fairly old now. I also don't want a Samsung. Anything I need to be looking out for?

And I thought I was the only one still rolling around with the Nexus 5! I looked a month or two ago and found nothing I was happy to pay money for to replace my N5.

Just LOL at Android being sh*t because on one handset full of sh*t it is sh*t. OK then. Genuinely, I feel pity for people that can't see outside of the Apple bubble, I really do.

Just got myself a Samsung S6 as price dropped since S7 came out - pretty good. Camera is amazing!

Came from a Nexus 5 and cant fault the S6 so far.