ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Boom -
16248151949_a4bfa81ddd_c.png
Screenshot_2015-02-02-22-36-27 by tomwh1te, on Flickr
Loving the note.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is that running stock stuff Tom or Nova etc? Mine from the weekend of decent use...

f765236508d725996cf7de87d6e4003d.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That using the stock launcher at the moment. I wasn't using it much over the weekend to be fair but still it's ridiculous to what I am used to.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Any news on Lollipop for Z3? A bit annoying it's still not out considering 5.1 is out soon 😧

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay, cool. I remember reading in December, that it was coming in January lol... lets hope it does come on time this time.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone see the Galaxy S6 announcement? Glass back which means no removable battery or SD card. Always thought that was a key difference for Samsung!
Going to be lots of annoyed people...

Fiesta ST-2
Doesn't bother me, I've coped with the HTC one for 2 years. Will be getting the S6 as my contract is up end of March.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Anyone see the Galaxy S6 announcement? Glass back which means no removable battery or SD card. Always thought that was a key difference for Samsung!
Going to be lots of annoyed people...
Most phones are now none removable back.

Kind of Saves them hassle of 3rd party batteries flooding the market. Plus limits what can and cannot be done to the phone (within warranty). If its been opened they would know straight away etc.

My nexus 5 has been dire since lollipop.. Tried reset and full boot reset etc etc, but crashes lots and its so frustrating!!

So, whats about? Note 4 looks good... but the size I'm not sure about and the price might be a bit high too!

Is the S5 still worth a look with the S6 coming out? Pretty sure it will drop in price.

Anything else worth looking at for a low budget? maybe £300ish?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My nexus 5 has been dire since lollipop.. Tried reset and full boot reset etc etc, but crashes lots and its so frustrating!!

So, whats about? Note 4 looks good... but the size I'm not sure about and the price might be a bit high too!

Is the S5 still worth a look with the S6 coming out? Pretty sure it will drop in price.

Odd! Mine's been same as it was before; no noticeable change in battery life, no crashes, no change at all.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Is it flashed JJ? Might be worth (if it is) at looking at another rom?

Mines still on factory settings and I've had a fair few issues. I'm hoping that the release of 5.1 will sort those issues out.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

Mine has been awful aswell!

Coupled with my w**k quiet speaker, and people keep complaining that I sound really muffled on the phone, I'm starting to hate the thing lol

Oh, and apart from apps keep crashing, it usually stutters getting back to home screen and not very responsive. Phone is standard ROM etc. Did a complete reboot from boot loader menu which seemed OK for a bit. But then back to its bad self. Maybe its some of my apps causing issues?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, and apart from apps keep crashing, it usually stutters getting back to home screen and not very responsive. Phone is standard ROM etc. Did a complete reboot from boot loader menu which seemed OK for a bit. But then back to its bad self. Maybe its some of my apps causing issues?

Could be. For info mine is as standard as it comes and I'm not an ultra heavy user of all sorts of exotic apps.

Just looking at guides on how to flash back to stock ROM, so might give that a go and start over rather than just refreshing current ROM.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was awful after the update too. It did drive me to get the note 4 which I love though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I had issues with some apps so I reset the phone and only installed a few apps and then went through one by one to find out which were causing issues.
Some of the camera apps caused the most issues and a few games.
It's been better but not brilliant.

I'll never buy a Samsung though. As much as people rave about the note 4, its still running Samsung software which is f**king terrible.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'll never buy a Samsung though. As much as people rave about the note 4, its still running Samsung software which is f**king terrible.
How? I've read this and not had one single issue. I'm even still using the stock launcher.

Touch wiz is a lot better than it used to be that's for sure. I love my nexus so will try a complete ROM flash and see if it gets better.

I do like my friends galaxy S5, which is probably going to drop in price anytime soon. But not sure.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
TW on the Note 4 was the start of the strip back. S6 will be even more stripped back.

The N4 has shocked a few people. Look at the new HTC M9, it still can't touch the N4. My one is rapid. The battery continues to amaze.

Brought my Self a Z3C the screen isn't a patch on the nexus 5 but I'm quite pleased with it [emoji2]

They currently £249 on o2 easy to debrand & unlock if your already with them [emoji6]

Waiting for the S6 and M9 to appear in the shops and have a loot at both of them.

Note and Nexus 6 are a little too big for my liking.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Waiting for the S6 and M9 to appear in the shops and have a loot at both of them.

Nexus is huge but between the N4, S6 and M9 there's not much in it size wise.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/h...QKfWdFNNc5imsRZHQ-MDNnpcWG_JLXEoIoaAtyG8P8HAQ

from what i gather EE are getting all three colours, Silver, Gunmetal Grey and Gold. I can only see one price plan on their website and still only 1GB of data which is s**t in my opinion

The Grey and Gold look really nice like. I'm on the Friends and Family on EE and just been told that soon i'll be getting 30% discount if New Contract think i'm on 40 or 45% discount, When i was T-Mobile i had 50% discount. At this rate few years down the line i'll have 0% discount. Looks like EE are slowly getting rid of the friends and family.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

The M9 is way behind in specs. Plenty of reviews or initial impressions already.

The Note 4 is still king of the specs! ;)

The S6 will be good and TW is reduced even more. I predict a good phone.