ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I predict a good phone.

465d51e8aefece28c0b880d99fed78da.jpg

Fiesta ST-2
Galaxy S6 tariffs out today. Tesco are miles cheaper £36 a month with no cost upfront for 2gb data. Anyone have any experience with Tesco mobile? They're basically O2 aren't they?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I thought as a handset the S6 was cheapear than an iPhone 6 for example, so disappointed to see just as sky high costs, I just can't bring myself to spend £50 a month on a phone that is only a slight improvement on my current phone.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
They probably realised that previous Samsungs feel like recycled plastic from Home Bargains.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
My mobile is up for renewal now and i'm about to ring up and ask about and Pre-Order the new HTC One M9. Before i ring up, I'm on EE Friends and Family for 15+ years since T-Mobile with 40% Discount at this present time. What deals are they to be had, is it possible to get?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just rang, best they could offer was free handset 2GB data and unlimited Calls/texts £28 P/M

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it's meant to be that good. Or should I say not a big step forward. I was considering trying one on release as I likes the M8 but it was old hat when I got the N4, the M9 doesn't seem a patch on the N4 really either.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Read a review that the M9 is actually a downgrade on the M8 in some areas... a shame as they're gorgeous phones.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Don't think i'm going to bother with it now tbh, just read a review on techradar and doesn't look good as you lot say. Think i'll hold on to the HTC One for the time being until something else pops up and just loose my 10% discount.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Not too sure, I was hoping this time round their wouldn't be another HTC One series but there is, a big revamp. There is nothing wrong and very pleased with my HTC One still like brand new. There's no other phone that's jumping at me other than an iPhone but not too sure on that due to the niggles its got

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just one I stumbled upon when looking at the Nexus 6. Does anyone actually have the new Nexus? The pace it caught up was frightening. Hardly scientific but interesting.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Just one I stumbled upon when looking at the Nexus 6. Does anyone actually have the new Nexus? The pace it caught up was frightening. Hardly scientific but interesting.

I have the Nexus 6 and I absolutely love it.

I've spent a lot of time on WhatsApp today and browsing here/other forums.

Granted it was on charge for my journey home but its been hammered today.

uploadfromtaptalk1427734699787.png

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome stuff. It's really grown on me the Nexus but the Note specs and camera etc just edged it. Expandable memory (probably the last Samsung flagship to have it) was also a massive plus.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

And if you remove the device encryption from the Nexus it is notably faster on top of the standard device.

For me being able to root without voiding the warranty & latest updates edges it for me. Just what different people want in a device!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. I'd love a stripped back Android device but the Samsung I'd far from a slouch TW or not. Specs are still above some new phones. Surprising hoe much the Nexus has grown on me though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to say I had a play with a S6 on Saturday. I'm glad I got the N4 and didn't wait for it.
For me, trying to make it more premium has kind of ruined it.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I've just had a look for a nexus 6 as I really want one. Only problem is though, for the same tariff im on now, its an extra 15 quid a month. I can easily afford it, but I like only paying my current 20 quid a month lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yes but do you own your phone? The £15 extra is probably finance on the handset.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yes but do you own your phone? The £15 extra is probably finance on the handset.
No I don't own it, and I know it's more because the new handset costs more. I just don't want to pay 40 quid a month for just a phone.

I'm just too used to paying so little for my N5 I suppose, and I'm a tight git lol

I'll give in and get one though

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
No I don't own it, and I know it's more because the new handset costs more. I just don't want to pay 40 quid a month for just a phone.

I'm just too used to paying so little for my N5 I suppose, and I'm a tight git lol

I'll give in and get one though
I was exactly the same..lol! Took me ages to bite the bullet when I had my Nexus 5 as everything was so cheap. Got the note 4 and not looked back.. It's worth a new phone just for a the better battery I found.

2001 Clio 172
I wanted the S6 edge, and after seeing 1 in the Samsung shop pre-release i got my hopes up. Totally disappointed with the high contract prices, i currently pay £37 pm on my S4 and think that's bad enough! Not sure what to do now, i really want a new handset but all new phones seem to be pricey. I could wait and see if the prices drop but then you have a 'not so new' phone for 24 months!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Had a go on the Edge the other day, it's pretty nice! Though not as comfortable as the iPhone 6 to hold and use.

Costs the same as an iPhone, looks like an iPhone (especially from the bottom), as good as an iPhone.

Played with it in CPW yesterday, then the iPhone 6. Quality wise I thought there was nothing in it.

Not suprised by cost. Now both phones are pretty much identocal, its just a straight choice between the OS.

On another note - anyone got an LG G3? Comes way down in price and I rather like it!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The G3 was practically phone of the year across a few boards, if it hadn't a been old hat I fancied one. Love my Note4.

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
I wanted the S6 edge, and after seeing 1 in the Samsung shop pre-release i got my hopes up. Totally disappointed with the high contract prices, i currently pay £37 pm on my S4 and think that's bad enough! Not sure what to do now, i really want a new handset but all new phones seem to be pricey. I could wait and see if the prices drop but then you have a 'not so new' phone for 24 months!
I have had S4, S5 and now S6 Edge and it is a beautiful phone and I love some of its quirky features. But I have to agree, they have priced people out of the market. Which is a real shame.

I work for O2 and I believe (not at work at the moment) our store has only sold 2 Edges - one of which is mine!

Well worth the money though so if you can find a good deal anywhere, go for it.

I think the edge looks nice, but I'm not sure if I'd use the additional part of the screen unless it makes normal day to day viewing better. I'd never put my phone face down so wouldn't be bothered about that colour thing they have when someone rings. Haven't seen one in the flesh yet though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Had a play with the edge in Paris. Personally prefer the feel to the iPhone, but hate the Samsung os. For my usage, doesn't offer anything over my current phone, and it's too big (standard complaint )

I found the Edge quite odd in the flesh, not to my taste.

People will have issues with the price as Samsung were never seen as a true quality device, but things have changed and the S6 is every bit as good as the IP6 IMO so the price reflects this.

I'm not biast towards either, I have been in both camps!

2001 Clio 172
I have had S4, S5 and now S6 Edge and it is a beautiful phone and I love some of its quirky features. But I have to agree, they have priced people out of the market. Which is a real shame.

I work for O2 and I believe (not at work at the moment) our store has only sold 2 Edges - one of which is mine!

Well worth the money though so if you can find a good deal anywhere, go for it.

Huge discount available from you then? ;)

I duno what phone to go for now, whether there is 1 now or whether to wait. Anyone got any suggestions? There is noting majorly wrong with the S4, although i would like a new device to play with and something with a new battery. I think the battery has got worse with the last few updates.

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Huge discount available from you then? ;)

I duno what phone to go for now, whether there is 1 now or whether to wait. Anyone got any suggestions? There is noting majorly wrong with the S4, although i would like a new device to play with and something with a new battery. I think the battery has got worse with the last few updates.

Would be nice wouldn't it. I'm still not back at work yet (few personal issues) but the last I heard they are still not allowing any form of discounts on them. Copying Apple.

My S5 was awful when I put Lollipop on it. Really slowed the phone down and made me hate it! So I dread to think what the S4 might be like.

With regards to waiting or upgrading, you will have the next Note towards the end of the year, but if it is like the S6 with an Edge version you will be looking at higher price plans again.

2014 Focus Titanium
Anyone seen the HTC M9 Plus? God that phone looks right up my street!

- 1440p 5.2" screen
- Octacore CPU
- 3GB RAM
- 20MP Rear Camera (+ second rear camera)
- 4k video
- 2800MaH Battery
- Lollipop and Sense 7.0

I wish it was coming to the UK market :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Probably because the M9 is so average they've done a Renault and threw some extras at it.

Anyone checked out the new LG G4 yet?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love the screen on this thing, it just looks immense all the time.

Hard to image but in use its a stunning thing...

826f218d97e59899376f32325a53f401.jpg