ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The Mrs came home with her z3 compact. She got it in white which I think looks quite nice. It's a bit smaller than my Nexus 5 but still a decent size.

I'll have a play once she's set it up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Got a nexus 5, had the nexus 4 before that.

Cheers mate, seems most in here had a Nexus!

The Mrs came home with her z3 compact. She got it in white which I think looks quite nice. It's a bit smaller than my Nexus 5 but still a decent size.

I'll have a play once she's set it up.

Was that what she was after? She prefer a smaller phone?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, seems most in here had a Nexus!

Was that what she was after? She prefer a smaller phone?
Yeah. She had a play with the z2 and it was a bit too big. Also played with the g3 and the m8 and thought the same. She wants to use it with one hand and the z3 compact seems perfect.
Unlike the Samsung models (mini) it's just as powerful as the full size (I think).
It feels nice too, almost iPhone like quality in the hand. Decent weight to it and doesn't feel cheap.
I think the full size model is plastic) glass, where this is metal/glass.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it looked a lot nicer than the other mini phones. Could be a big seller for them.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly I think the Z3 will go back. Phones awesome but carphone warehouse have pissed me off majorly already. I've taken it on contract but had to go back to store twice already. Today will be the second time and I've not got to use the phone properly yet! So as I'm in my 14 days, f**k em.

I'll either go direct with EE or buy one outright.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
f**k em! My missus had a pleasant experience using them last time for her S4.

Get a Note. ;)

dOkg6Ysl.jpg

Not bad considering I'm not trying!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Might do tbh. I do love the Z3 but not loving this experience. Their customer service is dire. First sim wasn't registered to me so had to go back to store. Now it's registered to me with no date allowance so i'm getting texts saying im being charged for data. EE cant sort it as it was bought from carphone warehouse..so need to go in store. Safely say its being returned.

Lol the Z3 is saying I have 10 days battery on standby!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Can you not go direct to EE?
My Mrs was going to go with CPW for her z3 compact but ended up going direct to o2 because CPW were pissing her around a bit.
Ended up getting a better rate on the tariff too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Can you not go direct to EE?
My Mrs was going to go with CPW for her z3 compact but ended up going direct to o2 because CPW were pissing her around a bit.
Ended up getting a better rate on the tariff too.

That's what I'm planning to do. Annoyingly my number has just transferred however a phone call to EE and they are reverting it back. Will take up to 5 days though so might be off the radar for a while! lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Very impressive mate, what size screen was on the OPO?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's an automatic thing for me to charge each night, it's long days and nights out that I like a decent battery for. Outside in Paris with brightness set to 100% on the 5 (couldn't see otherwise) and taking pics every 2 minutes sucked the life from it!

I can't wait to get a gander at the Note 4 screen.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well just taken it back. They tried it on that EE don't accept returns within 14 days like the other companies? Oh really..My reply was shall I call trading standards now or later? To which the manager came out and disconnected it all immediately.

Now in limbo whilst my number goes back to my Giffgaff sim which can apparently take up to 5 days. Although my number is no longer showing on EE or the carphone warehouse record.

Well just taken it back. They tried it on that EE don't accept returns within 14 days like the other companies? Oh really..My reply was shall I call trading standards now or later? To which the manager came out and disconnected it all immediately.

Now in limbo whilst my number goes back to my Giffgaff sim which can apparently take up to 5 days. Although my number is no longer showing on EE or the carphone warehouse record.

LOL c***s!

I'm glad I left EE, took ages on the phone when I was ending my contract, literally 45mins waiting, and then about 10-15mins of her trying to persuade me not to leave, where I kept repeating that I already had a new deal, and was not interested in any offers they can offer.

Mine you that was CPW for you, but I sadly have a small hate for all of them :p

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
LOL c**ts!

I'm glad I left EE, took ages on the phone when I was ending my contract, literally 45mins waiting, and then about 10-15mins of her trying to persuade me not to leave, where I kept repeating that I already had a new deal, and was not interested in any offers they can offer.

Mine you that was CPW for you, but I sadly have a small hate for all of them :p

Def reminded me why I left them. Plus 4g didn't seem as quick as 3g on giffgaff. Only bad thing is EE have the best signal by me.

I'm going to just buy a phone outright tbh.

Def reminded me why I left them. Plus 4g didn't seem as quick as 3g on giffgaff. Only bad thing is EE have the best signal by me.

Exactly the same as me - had 4g on EE and it was utterly crap - my 3g on giffgaff is always way faster!

Exactly as I did, can't be arsed with the hassle of s**t companies, if giffgaff go crap, at least I'm stuck for a maximum of 30 days :].

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Noooooooo be a Note fweeeend!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Noooooooo be a Note fweeeend!

I can still buy one outright..;)

I'm all a bit worried I've lost my number. Reading the Giffgaff community is says once a PAC has been processed it cancels the sim card. EE said they can redirect it back but the way it reads is that is cannot be reinstated on my giffgaff sim? EE did say as it wasn't fully processes they couldn't give me a PAC themselves. Hope it's not lost in the ether.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to the Nexus 6 - very tempted by one! Although I would like a Note 4 I don't think I fancy using touchwiz again. Slow bloatware that's difficult to root and keep a warranty. Hmm.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it's as bad as it was mate. I think they've slimmed things down.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I'll see what its like then as I'm still using an S3. Massive difference in performance (albeit old hardware) going from touchwiz to aosp kit kat). Plus ROMs are now 200mb vs 1gb. That's a serious software difference even with the Samsung apps trimmed.

Tbh, you'd get used to the screen size even if it is 5.9", as the bezel will be tiny!

I'm used to mine now, went to tidy up the S4 before selling it earlier on, and it felt absolutely tiny!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I want as big a screen as possible tbh so it sounds pretty good. Only issue I can foresee is that it won't support SD cards, will just have to get the largest version available...

2014 Focus Titanium
I don't think it's as bad as it was mate. I think they've slimmed things down.

It's not as bad as it was but it's still definitely there. I used my sister's S5 the other day and it was no way as fluid as my Nexus 5, annoyed me within seconds! They should just BIN touchwiz completely, at least Sense (HTC's skin) is lightweight and doesn't affect performance while still adding some cool features.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's not as bad as it was but it's still definitely there. I used my sister's S5 the other day and it was no way as fluid as my Nexus 5, annoyed me within seconds! They should just BIN touchwiz completely, at least Sense (HTC's skin) is lightweight and doesn't affect performance while still adding some cool features.

I must admit. The Z3 isn't as quick as the nexus 5. Only marginal but definitely noticeable. Especially loading web pages.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The Nexus is probably the best at that though. Sadly you need touchwiz to run a lot of stuff on Samsung.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The Nexus is probably the best at that though. Sadly you need touchwiz to run a lot of stuff on Samsung.

Exactly. It's me just being picky. It personally wouldn't bother me it was so marginal. Z3's great. Just wish carphone warehouse didn't f**k up. Plus now I can gander at the note 4.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I need a note fwend. I think i've decided on black purely because of dirt, I know i'd get he rear dirty after reading the i or something. iPhone is great for wiping clean!

You can get rid of touchwiz though - plenty of "normal" ROMs out there if you that would take your fancy - even just the basic Cyanogenmod is decent (there's a stable version which I think is updated monthly - and that's also easy to update) :)

Sorry to spam again - thought I'd update since doing a full charge of battery yesterday:

Bl1cXF6l.jpg

Granted, it hasn't been used as much as previously, but even so, damn!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's still insane battery life.

In regards to rooting and roms etc that's waaaaaaay over my head. Don't you lose some functions? S pen etc?

That's still insane battery life.

In regards to rooting and roms etc that's waaaaaaay over my head. Don't you lose some functions? S pen etc?

Not sure actually, I'd imagine you can add those functions back in - as they're kinda key if you have a stylus (I think Note does iirc?).

In that case, probably much easier keeping stock, though I'm sure some ROMs would have retained the essential stuff :).