ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Ford GT

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes please. http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/14937/ford-gt-concept-unveiled-new-supercar-set-for-launch-in-2016

Under the bonnet of the concept is a turbocharged 3.5-litre V6 EcoBoost engine, producing over 600bhp and sending power to the rear wheels via a seven-speed dual-clutch transaxle.

all-newfordgt_01_hr.jpg

all-newfordgt_02_hr.jpg

all-newfordgt_03_hr.jpg

all-newfordgt_04_hr.jpg

all-newfordgt_07_hr.jpg

all-newfordgt_08_hr.jpg

Concept of course. I imagine it will be a special car. Love that Ford have a supercar.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
nice, seen a GT trundle past me in Aberdeen last month. Looked and sounded epic!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've only heard one, in Glasgow, I don't think the exhaust was standard but it sounded like thunder either way!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Side profile looks odd and the rear looks 'underhweeled'.

Like it other than that though.
Ford always for the small wheel big tyre muscle car look on the GT's. The original car in the 60's had 15's!

Monaro VXR
It's nice, I just think a V6 was the wrong engine choice.

This is just going to sound wrong for a Ford GT.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I think they've made a mistake in calling it the GT. It implies that it's a continuation of the GT40 bloodline, and whilst the last car was a real homage to the original with a lot of visible similarities, this really doesn't. Furthermore while I think the ecoboost lump will be incredibly popular, it feels like a slight bit of desecration towards the original V8 muscle car. They should've gracefully retired the name and given this a new one of its own.

SQ5
Can't believe nobody's posted a video of it yet!

Fast forward to 3:10 for the startup and noise!

[YOUTUBE]nMD3Vu3xL-c[/YOUTUBE]

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I don't like it, this new swoopy open backed joined at the top sh1t..

I'd take the original all day every day over that.. It all goes wrong at the rear of that car.. Yuck

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I can't see the yanks wanting to buy that, in my mind V6's are Golf R32's, 4Motions and mid engined Clio's, not what i'd associate with high end supercars.