ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Audi R8

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well kinda new, I personally love it, always have. It's a stunning all rounder in the supercar department. Looks a tad more classy with those front grilles.

car_photo_545002_25.jpg

car_photo_544999_25.jpg

car_photo_544990_25.jpg

car_photo_544984_25.jpg

Audi has revealed its new, updated R8. The 2013 model year R8 gets a host of subtle tweaks to keep it on top form – it might not feel like it, but it’s five years since the R8 coupe first went on sale, upsetting Porsche dealers in the process.

The updates affect both coupe and Spyder models. Outside, it’s Audi’s typical facelift fare – new bumpers, diffusers and LED headlight designs – while dynamic tweaks aren’t revolutionary; quattro all-wheel-drive remains, combined with your choice of the 424bhp 4.2-litre V8 and 518bhp 5.2-litre V10 engines.

Keen drivers will be pleased to know the unloved R-tronic gearbox has been ditched, however. While the R8’s fantastic six-speed manual remains standard, the two-pedal option is now a much smoother and more useable seven-speed S-tronic twin-clutch transmission. As well as being a more attractive proposition, it cuts CO2 emissions (by up to 22g/km) and 0-62mph times (up to 0.3sec). The R8 V10 can now hit the accelerative benchmark in a supercar-like 3.6sec.

Quicker still, though, is a new R8 Plus model. It boasts an uprated version of the V10 engine, its 542bhp output coming close to 2011’s hardcore R8 GT model. It hits 62mph in 3.5sec, on its way to a 197mph top speed. The Plus also gets lighter alloy wheels, extra carbonfibre bits and reduced insulation, all in aid of a lower (though as yet undisclosed) kerb weight. The Plus – which instantly becomes Audi’s range-topper – also gets revised suspension.

If you’re aiming to spot an R8 Plus on the road, distinguishing features from standard include carbonfibre mirrors, vents and front splitter plus black exhaust tailpipes and new lightweight bucket seats.

The 2013 Audi R8 will get its world debut at September’s Paris motor show. UK prices haven’t been announced yet, though its German pricing suggests an £88,000 entry-point for the V8 coupe, rising to £135,000 for the R8 Plus halo model.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There isn't much! I still love them, used ones are a stunning buy at the moment.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep i'll be honest without playing spot the difference with two pictures side by side i really couldnt tell.

Also, i cant stand the different colour side panels. Why oh why do they do it..

Focus Tit Est & R26
the interior looks so tacky now with the diamond stitched leather

not that ill ever have to worry about it though!! :)

looks great on the outside

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I personally love the leather but it'll be an option no doubt and not a cheap one. I'd love to buy a used one quite a bit down the line, one day for sure.

Whilst it doesn't look a lot more modern it's certainly updated it's looks in a subtle way.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I like them and I appreciate them, but even If I was a multi-millionaire i'd still not have one.

Its an Audi.

Turbos.
I think it is silly people call them TTs, have you not seen them on the road!? They are very wide; they have a proper supercar stance, far more so than any 911.

Having said that, i thought it was a based on the Gallardo, and so a bit long in the tooth now? I'm sure i read something about an all new car recently.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Personally one of my favourite looking cars! I'd love one.

And to people saying it hasn't changed much, it's because they got it so damn right in the first place. Similar to the kind of changes Porsches go through. The subtle change however is an improvement.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Is it wrong Id rather have an RS6 Avant over one of them?

The fact its so perfect, kinda defeats the object of a supercar does it not?

And it just looks so boring compared to the Lambo its based on to me.

An orange one
I've loved them ever since day one...still love them now,

Theres some amazing buys on PH for £50k now, another 5 years or so I may well just take the plunge :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Just to save everyone else having to google it:

[IMGo]http://www.evo.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_1090/car_photo_545002_25.jpg[/IMGo]
[IMGo]http://www.audicarshow.com/image/2008-audi-r8-18.jpg[/IMGo]

They've clearly gone to town on this new one.....

Mk5 golf gti
I love how they look, but when I driven the old ones compared to the porsches they just did nothing for me.

You driven one Sam? If it's anything like a Gallardo I'd genuinely sooner be behind the wheel of a C2s, the Lambo was a massive let down.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I loved the lp560 gallardo I drove.

On my super car day I was supposed to drive an r8 but it broke down, so I didn't get a chance. I can't believe the slk is actually faster to 62 than the Spyder and the same as the coupe, and has more torque, fuckin hell! Isn't the r8 supposed to be a supercar, the v8 isn't that fast though.