ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The latest mistake. BG 182

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Some of you may remember I bought this a year and a half ago from @Pistachio with the plan of putting the good bits on my RB and the running gear into a dead megane coupe I had at the time.

898CA06E-7464-4D13-B4C8-860E6C982678.jpeg

Well half of that happened and the RB was a much nicer car for it. The coupe got scrapped.

So I sold it to @Djw Dave who dailied it and did 4 track days, one of which I shared the car with him. Then I sold him my RB and in the end it was a part ex deal as after a couple of months I knew I needed another daily clio, my civic is just too dull.

Got it back earlier this week looking like

5EA9C785-5518-4154-8A71-1797B66C63E1.jpeg
4026F7D7-1C2A-4DB7-9923-039F9E8C2F3F.jpeg

But as Dave is keeping the 2118s for the RB I chucked my superleggeras on

FCF789CA-06B5-4FE8-A169-C9B6F4D544CF.jpeg

AE32A8BF-B818-4B5A-9319-1FFA0E4A2BB4.jpeg

You may notice I took the sun strip off, it's fair to say there's a bit of a height difference between us and I couldn't see properly with it!

Interior is tidier than the exterior

D7E12D19-2021-46E7-9ECF-53486792FFC0.jpeg

As for plans, not much, put a child seat in the back, probably chuck a half decent stereo in it and run it for 6 months or so. Then cherry pick bits of it for the flamer. Oh and Dave has transferred the plate to the RB so I should really get some plates onto it!

It's a Cat C due to front end damage but also has a massive dent below the petrol cap and a van scraped down the drivers door a few months ago so whilst it might get a clean polishing it is far down the list of things likely to happen to it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Please get some black gold wing mirrors on the poor thing.

With a good detail it'll look a thousand times better

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Here's why there's no real value to cleaning up the shell. Behind the bumper is done as well but I'm not taking that off purely for a photo.

D08E7BF5-2D9E-44A1-BF30-BA20CABE8A00.jpeg
57EFF744-DB0A-4EA8-BD3F-B2B8BFDA8F1B.jpeg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Aye that's fucked.

Well if you break it in the future I'd be interested in the front bumper if its in good condition? If fuuucked no worries :smile:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Tbh I don't even know if it is! But I'll bear it in mind.

Aye, it drives well, everything points in the right direction but at this price point and how common they are there's no point in investing in the actual shell.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The price reflected the condition ;)

Yeah the 2118s has 45 profile tyres so always looked a little odd but those wheels suit most clios.
Really liking the superleggeras on it though.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Been pottering away at this a hour here and there just ticking off the wee jobs that are needed.

So picked up a set of mintex pads and discs from eBay, may not be the best ever but perfect for the use this is going to see. Also slowly but surely throwing my stereo stuff in since it's going to the daily.

471E5B8B-D68D-4991-911D-66F021290AB2.jpeg

Today I figured I'd get the broken abs ring off since the new ones are on the way. Offside one was quite clearly the issue!
C1D6533E-F027-42A3-A01B-F1A8F799734C.jpeg

But found a bonus other issue too

A5B188B5-7061-45BC-AFF4-BC4262690F8F.jpeg

CV joint itself has a bit more play than I'm happy with so either a second hand one or a new J&R one will arrive shortly.
The passenger side ring looks fine but at least I'll have a some spare ones!

Also quickly put some new front pads in as the last ones were very much "get me home" ones from the last trackday.

Getting there, will hopefully get it mot'd and all that some point next week and actually start using it. I think it was October that I said I'd buy it from @Djw Dave and Feb since it came to mine. Since then it's done about 100 yards

Looks like a decent little motor this.
You've certainly had a few 1*2s over the years!
I also agree about the daily car you can park anywhere and not care about philosophy :)

Abso-f**king-lutly.

I'll be careful of the wheels and I'm not going to be breaking anything on purpose but I'm not gonna cry about door dents, scratches, dirt etc

Oh it's not self-inflicted damage like kerbing wheels thats the issue, but having had a range of stuff I definitely prefer having dailies I dont feel the need to wash, worry about where i park them, or whether theyre stolen. Leave nothing personal in them and insure them properly and ignore.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like a decent little motor this.
You've certainly had a few 1*2s over the years!
I also agree about the daily car you can park anywhere and not care about philosophy :smile:

Drives well, bar the tracking being a bit off and 3rd crunching at high revs.

Yeah, had a few. And a some a few times! Think this is about the 18th/19th time I've bought a clio now. All mk2s as well.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Did a wee bit of work for a mate recently and he gave me his old xenons for it. So I swapped them over yesterday

4268499D-3404-4BE4-8AF8-1CACEFFC13A8.jpeg

C1892F97-CD8B-4873-A337-93F276A1D645.jpeg

And remember how I said about front end damage? Here it is

6E8783CF-A580-408A-9946-455E0B1ADFE6.jpeg

6A7DC7EE-8EAE-4545-B984-0B3E14DCB2A5.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not much hanging right on that one... And I love it!

BG 182 is what drew me to this forum all those years ago!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well thanks to the family car f**king up I had to sell this today. And quite quickly! Didn't even have time to wash it!

Short but sweet, was a decent car for what it was.

37D3B0DA-73D0-4A94-B779-39A64E2319BA.jpeg
4323B815-04A3-4986-99EA-1066E9747D89.jpeg