ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
230bhp and 890kg! By christ that must shift!

Some crackin shots in that post too!!! Brapp Brapp!

some amazing motors in this thread.

the camber on some of them is incredible

http://jspek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9007&page=1&pp=20

That thread is so frickin awesome!

I'm on like my twentieth pair of pants.

Edit:

Hi Chris...

IMG_6289-1.jpg

What age should I be aiming for to buy a DC5 :)

I'm only 20 so insurance wise, an import is well out of my range atm.... *cries*

Fiat Coupe 20vt
What age should I be aiming for to buy a DC5 :)

I'm only 20 so insurance wise, an import is well out of my range atm.... *cries*

Well i'm 22 and just got a DC2, the insurance is the same as my 182 i had previously. I considered a DC5 but one of the reasons i decided against it was the insurance is still comparably very expensive, bizarrely for me it's actually more expensive to insure a DC5 than an R33 GTR Skyline!

There's a few people on here with DC5's so you may wish to see what age they were when they got their's.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
but r33 gtr's are sooo dull either get a r32 or 34 i cant stand the 33...

i can insure a dc5 for under 1k and im 23...

Fiat Coupe 20vt
but r33 gtr's are sooo dull either get a r32 or 34 i cant stand the 33...

i can insure a dc5 for under 1k and im 23...

Oh i'm not planning on getting an R33, i just got bored one lunchtime and thought i'd check out some insurance quotes for some Jap exotica! I quite like the Nismo 400R, but i do plan on having an R34 at some point. Out of interest, where were you quoted under 1k for a DC5? lowest quote i could get for one was £1600ish and i'm nearly 22.5.

DC5
For all those looking for DC5 insurance. A Plan, Adrian Flux and Sky seem to be the best, or certainly were for me.

At 22 with 5yrs protected NCB I was paying £1250 with A Plan.

I am now 23 with 6 yrs NCB and 3 points (too much vtec yo) and paying £1059. If I didn't protect my NCB I could get it for £850.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
insurance was through admiral... was also looking at a jdm dc2 turbo'd but i love my rwd too much....

and lol at liking the 400r... u have slim to no chance of ever getting your hands on one lol... just like a ztune lol aint really gonna happen lol...

oh and i live in the middle of nowhere... there is 0 crime here for the past 5 years lol

DC5
insurance was through admiral... was also looking at a jdm dc2 turbo'd but i love my rwd too much....

oh and i live in the middle of nowhere... there is 0 crime here for the past 5 years lol

Admiral don't have the DC5 Type R available to quote online. Did you ring up?

Fiat Coupe 20vt

and lol at liking the 400r... u have slim to no chance of ever getting your hands on one lol... just like a ztune lol aint really gonna happen lol...

Lol, i know, i did have a ride in one at the NEC Classic Car Show once through that Sporting Bears thing though, mildly tweaked and ridiculously rapid. I know what you mean about the z-tune too, i've only ever heard of one coming up for sale.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i got a few of my dad skyline lines

this is him drifint at pod in the rain
DSC00176.jpg

this is his 700bhp r33 gts with an rb26 gtr engine in
DSC001251.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

keith1_3.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

sdaf