ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i have an American JDM mag with a feature of that 5... love it

m18.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
EK's....proper! but ancient

DC5 FTW

although, if it was the one above... i'd have that over ANYTHING sub £50k!!!

Lee

BMW M2C
Better late than never. Excuse the quality, camera phone in a badly lit car park!

Attachments

• white1.jpg
    white1.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 105
  • white2.jpg
    white2.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 96
  • white3.jpg
    white3.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 104
  BMW E92/Audi S3
I almost took a pic of my white Cup next to a lad I work withs new JDM CTR. At some point we're going to get our cars, plus his bro's Swift (in this months Banzai Mag I believe) together for a photoshoot. Problem is they are all white and all filthy.

The Swift:
swift.jpg
I think I see that parked up in Birmingham by 5ways a lot?

me too!

Lee

BMW M2C
I was just chatting to my mate about it. He's a Honda fan. His misses has a new diesel Civic, and he's got a couple of Honda bikes, an Accord for towing his race car and an S2000. It's madness they never bought the DC5 over, or the new JDM Civic Type R. It's not like they're not suited to the UK market, in fact they're perfect for us.

I think the reason we didn't get the DC5 was purely down to Honda worrying it would dent CTR sales! God knows why.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Totally agree with you, i also read that Honda said that had they brought the DC5 over they'd had to have priced it artificially high to avoid said denting of CTR sales and this would in turn have meant low sales volumes. I think they must have known that the DC5 was the better car, the Civic name was just more well known and hence the safer bet. Doesn't explain why we don't get the new JDM CTR though.

And for you Christopher here's a DC5 that was posted on itr-dc2.com yesterday i just stumbled across;

l_962842c5d677185ff55269485bfca6b5.jpg

Last edited:
  Mazda MX5 1.8
I almost took a pic of my white Cup next to a lad I work withs new JDM CTR. At some point we're going to get our cars, plus his bro's Swift (in this months Banzai Mag I believe) together for a photoshoot. Problem is they are all white and all filthy.

The Swift:

aye i know the wibbla off of swiftowners forum. his car is indeed in banzai and also fast car mag (iirc). Tis a nice car although it could do with a big bhp engine in it :D

didnt his brother sell his porsche cayman for the JDM CTR as the porsche was working out quite expensive? porsche servicing costs sounded crazy.

i gotta be honest i dont really get some of the whole JDM cars. some are just a bit too errr lumpy with bits sticking out all over the place

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah, he traded his Cayman S in as he worked out it was costing £1400 a month to own and run. He also had a Honda Jazz and wanted just one car. After having 3 Tegs and an S2000 he fancied another Honda. So Litcho did him a good deal in return for some more artwork for the new Type 25.

At some point the 3 of us are going to get his CTR, my Cup and his bros Swift together for a white car photo shoot.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Totally agree with you, i also read that Honda said that had they brought the DC5 over they'd had to have priced it artificially high to avoid said denting of CTR sales and this would in turn have meant low sales volumes. I think they must have known that the DC5 was the better car, the Civic name was just more well known and hence the safer bet. Doesn't explain why we don't get the new JDM CTR though.

And for you Christopher here's a DC5 that was posted on itr-dc2.com yesterday i just stumbled across;

l_962842c5d677185ff55269485bfca6b5.jpg

dear lordy lord...

pass the Kleenex!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, he traded his Cayman S in as he worked out it was costing £1400 a month to own and run. He also had a Honda Jazz and wanted just one car. After having 3 Tegs and an S2000 he fancied another Honda. So Litcho did him a good deal in return for some more artwork for the new Type 25.

At some point the 3 of us are going to get his CTR, my Cup and his bros Swift together for a white car photo shoot.

great idea!

that FD2 is stunning... although seeing it next to your Glacier Cup, makes you realise how pearl Championship White is!

E90
I'm considering an Mx 5 as the next track car, handle like you wouldn't believe and oh how hard you laugh when you leather a 911 in one at the ring

E90
2JZ "this will dessimate all" check you out with your fast and furious talk.

Std is the way forward for when the owner comes to see you in the car park and asks what you have under the bonnet, 1.6 mate 115bhp. LOL

ST
you're lucky that 100-shot of Nos didn't blow the welds on the intake tbh

'i live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullsh1t, for those ten seconds or less, I'm free....'

Lee

BMW M2C

great idea!

that FD2 is stunning... although seeing it next to your Glacier Cup, makes you realise how pearl Championship White is!

I thought exactly the same thing this morning when I parked in front of it. Mine is a very bright clean white (even though the car is filthy), the Honda is more eggshell. lol

Turbos.
Keeping my MX-5 end up are..

013__scaled_600_001.jpg

Not sure about the front end but i love bubble arched up MX5s. There was a guy who used to drive past me every day and i asked if he was selling, as i'd buy it there and then. He says he wants to keep it later... 3 months later he sold it. c**t!