ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The fifty pence test!

Works...kind of...
Get on it. Using your phone/pack of fags is for sissy's! ;)

P1000163Web.jpg

I don't get it.

I could quite easily park my car on uneven ground and take a load of pics showing coins that don't touch the bumper, do I win?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you have your eyes shut when you applied the bumper gel?? ;)

Works...kind of...
LOL! The coilovers are bedding in now so it's getting lower again. I'm gonna have to raise it tbh. Roads around where I live are awful so it's fairly ridiculous. Any sort of speed bump is a no-go as it beaches on the sills.

How it currently stands:

P1000164Web.jpg

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
LOL! The coilovers are bedding in now so it's getting lower again. I'm gonna have to raise it tbh. Roads around where I live are awful so it's fairly ridiculous. Any sort of speed bump is a no-go as it beaches on the sills.

How it currently stands:

P1000164Web.jpg

Why have you lowered your family car?? :S

Works...kind of...
+1. I can understand if you live in US/AUS with amazing long flat roads but here in the UK with speedbumps and potholes that will buckle your wheel whats the point?

Potholes can damage wheels, lowered car or not.

Why have you lowered your family car?? :S

Why not? Surely having a family would make it a family car. It's actually classed as a small executive saloon, I'll have you know. ;)

I have some sets of wheels lined up in the next couple weeks for test fitting.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
How much has it dropped whilst settling? I've just put my new coils on. I've put it 10mm higher than before hoping it will drop down..haha

Works...kind of...
Less money spent on coilovers = more money spent on buying a decent car in the 1st place?

As Gaz said, Racelands are stupid cheap. The car was also cheap. And IMO it is a decent car. Well built, reliable, goes well, sounds nice.

Works...kind of...
How much has it dropped whilst settling? I've just put my new coils on. I've put it 10mm higher than before hoping it will drop down..haha

Think it's dropped about 10mm in the last 4 days and 70ish miles.

More poke than viagr
never understood why people go so low they cant actually use it for its primary purpose - driving!

Pisses me off when people say stuff like this. Mines jsut as low as this, maybe lower, and ive had no problems what so ever with driving it. I can get into multi storey car parks, get over any speed bump, it can still do exactly what your car can do!

Good start bud, height looks good :cool: What wheels you got lined up?

How about 20 Pence test? ;)

Is it me or is that ";)" implying you have half removed your sideskirt to get it to sit on the 20p?

(Or is it really that low?! *Awaits uber low pics to follow and to eat my own words)

Edit: Just realised your clio is the one on the orange Porsche? wheels...It is that low isn't it :)

Last edited: