ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Failsport Art Car. Le Mans Chariot.

330i. E30 Touring.
So with the highlight weekend of most of our years now in sight, it was time to start looking for our chariot to transport us. While I've already got the E30, that's in far too good a condition to be chucking a fridge or BBQ about, so figured we'd pick something else up that would carry 4 of us and the luggage in comfort.

Now. We owe Ryan a huge thanks on this- it was a trade in where he works and was picked up for basically scrap value. The reality, is it's pretty good for the money. Everything works, it has MOT and Tax until August. Even has the original BMW torch which works and a 90% full toolkit.

Spec:

1996 e34 525i.
Auto box
166k miles
Air con
Super spaffy alarm with remote locking
MOT and Tax until August
4x almost new Dunlop Sport tyres
Pioneer CD player.
Suit jacket rack on rear of passenger seat!

Pics:

neruheny.jpg

emeze9a5.jpg

It's going to undergo a decent clean this weekend, and then the plans are to give it a bit of character. More pics to follow.

Mercedes
My dad had a k plate one of these my favourite car when growing up, back when rear headrests and electric windows were an expensive option

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL at welding a BBQ to the car. That would be awesome, but last year our BBQ melted a glass bottle.

f**k melting my boot!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
PMSL at welding a BBQ to the car. That would be awesome, but last year our BBQ melted a glass bottle.

f**k melting my boot!

How big was the BBQ?! LOL we don't even manage that with some of the fires we have down the unit!.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I want that BBQ and that barge! Awesome!

Just weld up a tow bar bracket. Or will you be towing something?

Clio 172
I need to get back to Le Mans some day, not been for the last 6 years :(. Last time we went we took a minibus and a transit with a fridge, generator, PS2 42' plasma and drivers chair with wheel, gazeebo ensemble, two tables, a load of 'aquired' fold down chairs and a cooker. Wasn't so much camping as moving home to Le Mans but as they say go big or go home. Still wasn't as impressive as the Germans next to us with the satellite tv in their massive mobile home, great bunch of guys and really liked to party.

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers guys!

Normally wouldn't have picked a 'small' engined one, but at the price we got it for, it was impossible to ignore.

Still, 190bhp will do.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Would have been turning the Trophy into a trailer (or perhaps convertible/pickup) but someone has bought it now im afraid :dapprove:

Imagine what would be said on ClioTrophy! hahahaha

330i. E30 Touring.
Flol. So turns out, this thing's actually pretty clean underneath.

ere9egyt.jpg

ju4ajuqe.jpg

2ubatu8a.jpg

Cleaned the wheels up with fairy power spray too.

The results:

jepyha9u.jpg

u6y6y9er.jpg

Before we did the wheels:

zahagesy.jpg

Required ride height.

y5a8e3un.jpg

Interior post clean;

edymebe3.jpg

Armrests, y0:

me5usuma.jpg

Would sir like to carry his suit jacket?

e2e6u2yg.jpg

Literally, the biggest bargain on the planet. Everything works- even the Air con is ice cold!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
f**king LOL at the suit jacket carrier! Awesome.

Cleaned up well!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I assume anyone driving that will be required to don a specific outfit, namely leather driving gloves, a tweed jacket, brogues/moccasin slippers, purple/red corduroy jeans and a beige shirt/brown tie combo?

Mercedes
A few cars and tents were burnt out that day. Someone left the BBQ smouldering and it blew over catching the dry grass.

Yeah it wasn't the owner of the A3 either it was there next door neighbour, left there BBQ still warm fell over and the grass was like straw and it went up.

All I remember from that was Riad calling me and saying get back sharpish the camp-site is on fire

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Facking love it! Uber wagon! Need Touring for next years boys!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it wasn't the owner of the A3 either it was there next door neighbour, left there BBQ still warm fell over and the grass was like straw and it went up.

All I remember from that was Riad calling me and saying get back sharpish the camp-site is on fire

Oh aye, weren't we sat at Porsche Curves when he rang?

Petrol Blue 182.
Awsome work Mike. I'll keep an eye out for anymore bargains.

Need to get that ride hight sorted pretty soon.

Never above 25mpg
Love this shape. When I was 4 or 5 a guy down the road had a brilliantrot 1991 J reg! Was a 518i company car i think! Baller!

So. I've been using this just over a month and ticked over 1000 miles so far, a Le Mans shakedown so to speak.

The car hasn't skipped a beat once, managed 535 miles in two days sat between 80-100mph which returned 28.8mpg (431miles to full tank of fuel). The best bit, getting out of the car after being awake 18hours and covering 390 miles in a day feeling fresh as a daisy.

I love this car so much, I'm even going to clean it inside and out and give it a little service at the weekend! It's not even my car! Lol