ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the daily

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
decided i wanted to keep my gauges where they orginally where. very similar to the 5 door. execpt i have 3 dual needle gauges. front/trailer/rear bags. will have a small one some where for the take pressure.

WP_001182_zpsae1a2f36.jpg

WP_001185_zps981cb25f.jpg

WP_001186_zps298b05e1.jpg

as you can see abit of filling to do not too much though.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
now the filling started... been too long since ive done this. and wasted a fair bit of filler oops.

WP_001195_zps1ff24c3b.jpg

bit of sanding and a trial fit

WP_001196_zpsa81e6d37.jpg

remask and fill again for the night

WP_001200_zpsf0e24789.jpg

WP_001199_zpsb0037a11.jpg

WP_001204_zps08019302.jpg

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
WP_001205_zps3a7201b6.jpg

realisted i couldnt find my da or any pads to sand it. so 5min at work spare i gave it a lil sanding, made a big difference wee bit more and ill be happy with it. currently got the full dash out the loom. as i need to get clifford sorted and i was having a ballache doing it. and now fitted new loom that has elecetric mirrors and ac. to find i need to pick up a different airbox.

WP_001206_zpse30e659f.jpg

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Yeah. Used that for doing the holes put to 52mm from 51. Used the da to do the front face to get them level. Dremel will be fine for shaping

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
soon, just need to get the clip on it and adjust few things. get air con bracket/compressor, and will have a high spec van.

WP_001213_zpse915a436.jpg

gauge pod needs more shaping so the top of the dash fits

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
How the hell have you retro fitted auto climate?

Pods looking good man! Are you making the top longer to come over the dials ?

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Cheers gaz ;)

You would have lee along with the 5door. My other half is from there.

Dci raz, will be extending it ever so slightly. As go the ac not finished yet.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
all going well this weekend the climate control will be fully working. and possibly have the auto lights/rain sensor set up done. so the screen can be fitted next week. then get it in for its new alarm. friday im ordering new top mounts not sure where to get solid ones or the ast mounts. also will have my new air shocks on once i get new pipe work made up friday.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
finally got the auto climate sorted. bar the air con, just waiting for my bag of air con seals to come before i fit the pump and get it gassed, also order pure motorsport top mounts. more reasonably priced compaired to the ktec ones. just got to sort my abs out. refit the orginal abs loom. as the harness i had has male abs connection instead of female. also spent tonight splitting a sport dash loom so i have the cruise control parts. picking up the wiring diagraam disc tomorrow to see whats needed to be added on the engine side of the loom. then get it configured

A sexy one
Wheyyy a proper project. Looking good mate, wish I got some aircon seals when I did my conversion that's the only thing that iv had problems with haha

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
haha, yeah i m not chancing it as im not paying every time for air regas. fcuk that.

top mounts came, so next week going to be busy

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
bought a dci loom fitted fit climate. abs was diffenent to the vans abs so instead of buying new pump and sensors ive picked out the old loom to fit back in as well as fit/configure cc john

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
It will need the comps I think.changed them just in case although im sure you would be able to retro fit the ac anyways

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
yesterday i split the abs loom from the orginal loom, then removed the abs loom thats in the new loom i have for ac, and re fitted the orginal abs loom so i didnt need to change the pump/pipes and sensors. so now have abs back and a working speedo. fitted the 182 speedo head also. and also fitted the sport sun visors and have them working correctly.

today i sorted out my reg and is now on the van. v6 nlo. its to read V6N LO before any one starts ok dave! plates are still to be shortened down but im going to have the recess shortened on my new bumper and tailgate.

tomorrow im fitting my 12mm air lines and making up brackets and new 6mm sump guard with 2x titanium drag blocks. and will be fitting my new struts / top mounts, i went with the pure motorsport ones.

and on saturday i hope to have the cruise control wired up.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Hello mate I remember this Clio from when I was helping run Street-Legal a few years ago! Great to see you've still got the car and still modding it.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
so yesterday i got the gauges 6mm pipe ran from the boot to up behind the dash in the centre console to the where the clock would be. also wired up the light for the gauges too.

allt he wiring for the valve block is done and works. fitted the new push fittings in the bags and ran the 12mm pipe from the bag to the valve. and got that all working. just need to weld a plate in and use my bulk head push fittings. all thats left to do is run the pipe to the front bulk head. then fit the new front shock units and pure motor sport top mounts and then fabricate the sump gaurd. so all going well and me not being a lazy cnut then it will be all working.

WP_001404_zps8b8ae8b0.jpg

WP_001407_zps1bb28189.jpg

WP_001405_zpsbe053426.jpg

WP_001403_zpse15417fe.jpg

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
spent most of saturday f**king about. as usual when i go to the unit. but i got rest of the air fitted. and got stuck on the ramp. its all in just needs the install. made more pleasing to the eye. also got 6mm sump guard made. just need to notch the chassi leg and fit my titanium blocks.

out with the old
WP_001409_zpsd4ef88b1.jpg

new in
WP_001411_zpsa0568e78.jpg

WP_001413_zpsc70d5036.jpg

then stuck on the ramp as i hadnt ran the pipe work through. that what happens when you f**k about.
WP_001414_zps7a92b290.jpg

pic from last night
WP_001416_zps38f62011.jpg

and was too hung over today so by time i ventured out and took a pic it was dark.
WP_001422_zpsc9a1b250.jpg

will try get pic of the guard that was quickly made and how it sits in daylight.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mick, I don't wish to be rude, but it seems to be going backwards. It looks fcuked!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
FLOL! Batshit mental...

I don't know if I love it or not. Wheels look so SO lost!

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Mick, I don't wish to be rude, but it seems to be going backwards. It looks fcuked!

i know, im getting around to fixing it. got bumpers to get painted and tailgate etc. its had a right good beating.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
WTF's going on with the back arches?? Looks like a fcuking Vauxhall Nova all rusted out.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
trailers away to get painted then they're getting this to fix and full respray. the paint cracked and i just never bothered my arse sorting it.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
this afternoons epic sparks took its tow. two cats eyes caught me out. sump n gearbox gone. so thats me out for awhile.

Focus RS + S3
Gutting mate!
i always look at this thread as its massive temptation/inspiration for me to mod my van

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
all back and running with no guard. so have to be extra carefull. this is why

WP_001604_zps64769a34.jpg

WP_001605_zps5754c6cd.jpg

really cant be arsed cleaning it. and probably wont either
WP_001606_zps19bb45f9.jpg

WP_001607_zpsaf022b92.jpg

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
i have almost everything i need to have it fixed. just last few bits and then it will be good as new

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I love that it looks abused! Makes it stand out even more haha. If I could run that low I would but I'd be limited to driving up and down my cul-de-sac because there's huge bumps on the main road! Your pants must get filthy going from that side skirt too!