ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The clio's got to go :'(

bg 182
iv owned my bg 182 for just under a year and loving every minute of it, the first car that iv been proud to own and sadly its all about to end :( im going to go back to uni in September after quitting taking a year out and changing course and uni's. My plan was to keep the clio as a summer toy for when i come back but thanks to the government and the universities being robbing ba*tards i now have to pay for my first years tuition fees. A steady £9000! This means the clios gotta go and help fund this :( its a pretty sh*t feeling seeing my car on the drive after its being washed and waxed knowing its gotta go. So the dreams are now out of the window... hopefully when i graduate i can treat myself but that wont be for another 4 yrs! this will also be the first time since i passed my test 6 years ago that i will be car less! Another weird feeling. Any ways i thought id just put a quick post up ill probably be advertising in the middle of August

:cry:

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Need's must mate, it's sad but when your back on the road there will be newer RS's around so you may get yourself a good deal :D

120d M Sport
There's more to life than cars mate. You've got all your life to own cars after Uni but you haven't got all your life to get Uni qualifications realistically.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
To be honest uni qualifications aren't worth the paper they are written on, just a shame employers don't have the same view. My 4yrs of advertising degree hasn't meant anything since I left uni and I'm actually working, happily, in a completely different industry.
If someone said to sell my car to go back to uni now, I'd say no.
Good luck with whatever you do though mate, as the saying goes, plenty more fish, well, clios in the sea, you'll have another one day!

To be honest uni qualifications aren't worth the paper they are written on, just a shame employers don't have the same view. My 4yrs of advertising degree hasn't meant anything since I left uni and I'm actually working, happily, in a completely different industry.
Good luck with whatever you do though mate, as the saying goes, plenty more fish, well, clios in the sea, you'll have another one day!

I wouldn't have got my job without my degree, and tbh it sounds like you chose the degree as you're not even in the same industry!

You'll get another clio soon OP!

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)

I wouldn't have got anywhere near my job without my degree. I'd not have even received the application.

There are some pointles degrees out there though, be careful OP! Don't sell it for a psychology degree! :p

Also look at it this way, you were lucky to have owned the car at your age. I was rocking a 1.25 Fiesta until I was 21.

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I’m in exactly in the same boat, Starting a Media course in September to study TV/Film production. Im having to quit a decent wage job and sell my car to pursue this career. Sometimes you just have to take a risk if you want to change your life. My current job may pay well but its boring as hell and starting a career in TV production defiantly interests me more. Not to mention the Film industry in the UK is set to expand massively over the next 10years.

I too will be without a car for the first time in 5years! Public transport FML!

work for BMW
Degrees are only important atm as some companies will only consider you if you have one. I'm at uni, have done 2 years and just completing my work placement year and I have learnt so much more from this year then I will all 3 years at uni

Clio 172 Phase II
yeah, degrees are important but they are starting to become the norm unless they are specifically vocationally based. Nowadays if you want to get head and shoulders above the crowd then a masters and/or voluntary stuff is the way forward.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Degrees are only important atm as some companies will only consider you if you have one. I'm at uni, have done 2 years and just completing my work placement year and I have learnt so much more from this year then I will all 3 years at uni

This is more what I was getting at, the uni course, well mine anyway, are pretty rubbish. One third of my final year in advertising was dedicated to fashion... Not fashion in advertising, just fashion, just clothes... I can't help but feel like they just needed to fill our timetable.
Actually going out and working is far more educational and worthwhile than writing a dissertation and handing in some work over a 3 year period.
Could just be my course though...

120d M Sport

There is, seriously. Or are you one of those fleece wearing types whose life completely revolves around cars, talks only about cars and sticks out like a sore thumb to the rest of society?

Go to uni, get good qualifications, have a good time in the process, go on to better things, or run a Clio 182? It's a no brainer.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
If you're looking for anyone to sell your 182 to *cough cough*

I'm looking to upgrade from my 1.4 to a Renaultsport in August!

How much you thinking of selling it for matey?

I'm sure someone will take care of your baby while you go back to uni, but I feel for you man, sounds like a horrible feeling having to get rid of your car!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Must be a heartbreaking feeling to let it go. Yes, there's more to life than cars, but not a lot more!

Have fun at Uni (not my personal choice) but don't spend it all on booze ;)

bg 182
as i am looking to get into automotive design there are very few companies that, like mentions above, even look at your cv without a degree. it also give me the knowledge of the software that is used to help me have that little head start. As for my car, i am a massive petrol head, hence the career choice, i love my clio and will miss not having it but like mentioned above everyone moves on to bigger and better things, with a degree and hopefully a decent paying job i can make up for lost time, plus my insurance will be a shed load cheaper :) :)