ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio smell?

Lionel Richie
No not been on the drugs but i'm convinced certain clios have a whiff to their interior! Clio V6 obviously as it has a sodding engine in the boot! But also every Trophy i've ever worked on has a certain "musty" smell to it, must be linked to the Recaros? We have 4 trophy's at work and they all have "the whiff"!

RS6 C7
OMG YES!

Mine reeks of weed!

I was convinced the previous owner had some stashed!

My trophy smells fine but the 172 stinks, I think it's when there is moisture inside, I put a dehumidifier in there and it's reduced the smell.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Yea, i cant work it out, my ph2 smells awesome, i put it down to the sport seats

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
cups swell of wet dog, or sweaty trainers. my 197 had the same aroma and has the same cloth so i'm sure its that

RS6 C7
There was some trainers years ago that used to react to moisture and put out a pungent smell, Maybe the clio is made from the same material..

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
LMFAO!!! Er... don't go sniffing the seats too closely in mine...!!! :eek:

On a serious note, I think I may have left lavender scent 'bag' under the passenger Recaro in mine so I guess that has probably gone past it's best. I also use a bit of Febreze in there now and again. Any other smells will be a combination of red-blooded male and Brut.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't notice a smell in the 172 really but the 182 definitely had a muggy smell to it sometimes.

435D X-Drive
I have noticed this on a few cars at work. Every time we get a punto or corsa in they always seem to have a similar distinctive smell. It may just be me though :)

Clio 182 *FF
I think the half leather interiors play a big part to the smell, and asking as they're still water tight or got no major leaks, I love the smell of my Clio it's like a used smell, aswel as fresh, that's after I whack my my strawberry "little trees" in it, all about fruity air freshners in my Clio the smell just works! Can't wait til summer, ahhh the seasonal smell change

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Never noticed it with MK2's but ALL MK1's smell exactly the same!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mk1 (nothing in it apart from a roll cage and a steering wheel) still smells like a mk1. It's proper odd.

Its the plastics things are made from , and they have a smell to them along with other interior materials , damp will obviously give a different smell .

even the leather in different cars smell slightly different but its down to the plastics in the seats they are combined with .........

it tends to be brand specific in the main , but can be model specific as lower ranges use different plastics (and why the recaro'ed clio smell different as they have different seat materials )

edited to say after i typed that i googled it ...... and google knows everything ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_car_smell

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Mine smelt really good when I bought it. I don't no if it was an air freshener, or just the smell of the car. It now smells of the AF air freshener, which is very nice. And of cause, decat y0

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
In my ford days, I had 4 mk2 XR2s.......... ALL of them smelt the same

CursedTitanium 182FF
3042055549_4ef26ff327_z.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Mine smells like a battle between cherry and musty coolant (from machines, not the car). I really need to clean it and take my work boots out lol.

im gonna have to start sniffing Clio's and see if I can smell it lol

RS6 C7
Mine smells like a battle between cherry and musty coolant (from machines, not the car). I really need to clean it and take my work boots out lol.

im gonna have to start sniffing Clio's and see if I can smell it lol
I hate coolant smell!

It literally gets everywhere.

Cup In bits