ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

Clio 182 - RB
I too don't like R8s', theres loads at my work.. Well, at least 7, theres 2 on my road too.. I just don't think their special enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Don't like that one at all to be honest. The wheels are nice, if they didn't have the coloured bolts, but that's about it for me!

Saw an old maroon Alfa 164 3.2 V6 Cloverleaf last night, I know it was a Coloverleaf as it had it written down the doors in like 20cm lettering :expressionless:

I've just seen something that made me laugh, a recovery truck that had broken down, getting recovered by another recovery truck!

779ae450ba6332fcfb5849814a8a9548.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I too don't like R8s', theres loads at my work.. Well, at least 7, theres 2 on my road too.. I just don't think their special enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't get that. What does special enough mean? Special compared to the equivalent car? I'd say they are at least as special as the equivalent 911, or gtr.

It's the same argument people had with the NSX. It'll be appreciated more and more for what it is as time goes by.

Mid engined V8/10 with an open gate Manuel shift, rear biased 4wd and a mega capable, friendly chassis that you can use every day? Awesome things imo.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Agreed. Theres a guy in Canada that uses hos R8 every single day of the year, i believe its on well over 100k also.

Of the super cars, it strikes me as the friendliest to use!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Saw my first Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio during the weekend in Leeds town centre, I was in a restaurant eating and happened to look out the window as it was passing, was proper gunning it, sounded splended!

I've seen one down by JCT Ferrari, properly nice looking and sounding car.

Saw a 4C Spider in Leeds this morning. Never seen one before!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
One of the doctors at our surgery runs a battered, lhd rs4 on German plates. It's damn cool. Also has a 993.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A friend just bought this after his X5 was written off. I think the dealer manager specced it and it wasn't for sale when he went it but he got it eventually.

7e957b62c6b7ae933892d9e1dd994bfb.jpg

0488648c7facdfe4604eb8231297f23d.jpg

Not sure what similarities is has to Waitey's old car but it's a f**king rocket ship. Red interior and a mental option list.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
A friend just bought this after his X5 was written off. I think the dealer manager specced it and it wasn't for sale when he went it but he got it eventually.

7e957b62c6b7ae933892d9e1dd994bfb.jpg

0488648c7facdfe4604eb8231297f23d.jpg

Not sure what similarities is has to Waitey's old car but it's a f**king rocket ship. Red interior and a mental option list.
Same engine and drive train to my old one. They don't half go!

Just saw a yellow Lancia Integrale in Pompey city centre, looked awesome!
I randomly saw a dark blue one after work a while ago, it had Comp TH's on it & slightly bigger exhaust, it sounded ace, no f**ker was looking at it, but I sure was!! :hearteyes:

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
No pic as I was driving but this morning I saw an old school electric milk float on an old X reg. You don't see many of those around anymore!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
LL05LEE. Is it a Focus RS rep? If it not it is an unwrapped RS500 looked unreal in panther black with black wheels.

Registered dates are like 07 which is mental makes me think ST.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mother fucker. Looked utterly brilliant in all fairness. Back wings and front wings all done. Proper replica and a genuine engine etc in fairness.

SQ5
Saw this at the local VW last night.

Unsure if it's a concept as doubt it's something you can actually buy?

c6d4a98d06f96ab219da4d5128bb98ab.jpg

0db57ecac97293c0aad3af2878e88cc0.jpg

They did sell a few XL1s. A bloke local to where I used to live in Milton Keynes had one. Was a bit strange seeing it in everyday traffic!