ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

RB197
ac4aecf114ee8bdace88afbc8c3c026b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Plenty of motors to look at tonight at Squire's JDM meet, snapped a few of the peaches:

HdjvxxX.jpg

OtkzGDb.jpg

4eLkZAZ.jpg

YLLDHVk.jpg

h2JdJQl.jpg

KHY7Ddm.jpg

Mini was literally a mini shell dropped on to an MX5 chassis, Mazda engined too. We couldn't work out what the motor was parked behind it though, any takers? We were thinking Opel.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Looks a great selection of metal, love the NSX. That car behind the mini is registered as an Opel Commodore

Not sure why you'd drop a mini shell on an mx5 running gear, seems like no benefit?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Cor blimey, the 959 is one of my all time favourite cars, along with the original Viper!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I was gobsmacked when I saw it...

I didn't get to analyse it properly but it did look a little odd...

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
1c46228aa23fd3ed83cc9fcc532b1c7e.jpg

Absolutely mint in Central London....

Not a 959 unless something is wrong on the reg details. It's shows as having a 3.4l engine, 959's were a 2.9l. Decent looking rep from that angle though.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Maybe then, seems odd though. It's the type of car you would try to make sure every last detail was correct on IMO.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
That's an American thing, something to do with them being imported in.
Yep, cars of special significance were allowed in without having to meet emission and crash regs, limited miles etc. Bill Gates partially responsible.
959 is apparently the costliest super car to run in non sport guise. Suspension is crazy money, and massively complex.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Dvla will be wrong. All the racing pumas are wrong on the Dvla coincedentally, thing they come under 125bhp Puma Thunder.

There was a special Ferrari that's billed wrong aswell.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Yeah cheers guys 1UZ and 1JZ, although I was interested to see if at any point there was a 2JZ, as I'm sure I read it somewhere!
JZZ31 Soarer[edit]
The JZZ31 was powered by the 3-litre 2JZ-GE engine, which initially produced 165 kW (224 PS; 221 hp) at 5800 rpm and 285 N·m (210 lb·ft) of torque at 4800 rpm. Like the JZZ30 the engine also received Toyota's VVTi system in 1997 which increased output to 169 kW (230 PS; 227 hp) at 6000 rpm and 304 N·m (224 lb·ft) at 4000 rpm while simultaneously improving fuel economy. While the SC300 in the US market became a popular Lexus for performance upgrades due to its shared engine with the MKIV (JZA80) Supra, the JZZ31 Soarer was somewhat overlooked since unlike the SC300 it was never offered in manual gearbox form and had neither the performance appeal of the turbocharged JZZ30 nor the luxury and equipment of the UZZ31/32 models.
However, while the increasing cost and slowing sales of the V8 models in the mid-late '90s led to their discontinuation, the 6 cylinder JZZ31 and JZZ30 would remain in production until the Z30 series was replaced by the Z40 series in 2001.

A rare spot indeed!! :cool: I think it looks crap though :down:

I saw one of those Holden Maloo things yesterday:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

SQ5
It looks proper futuristic, the rear diffuser looks like it moves too.

We've got a Maloo around this way with a plate similar to M4LOO

It looks proper futuristic, the rear diffuser looks like it moves too.

We've got a Maloo around this way with a plate similar to M4LOO
Cool, I love them! (the Maloo) this one had a plate that looked like lions, they waited for the traffic to clear a bit & gave it some beans, lovely noise!