ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The best way to clean my car is.....?

106 GTi
Well I just ordered some Victoria Wax, it looked as if it would let me order the towels as they where meant to be back in stock soon but it would not. Will have to get one at a later date when they are back in stock.

They certainly look good, in the picture anyway!

Have you used them yet or are you skiving at work while you post in here!

106 GTi
Lunch break cough cough!

Doubt I will ever use them on paintwork, in the same way I have 3 unused Monster Fluffies I have never used on paint due to the edging.

Mito Sportiva 135
Just looked at the edges on mine...they are nicely tapered in?!? As well as any MF towel anyway...Rich grow some balls and use it, they are bloody good!!! ;)

106 GTi
After a non silk edged towel damaged the paint on the front wing I am now fussy about towels :(

Mito Sportiva 135
I fold it over anyway so you don't have any edges against the car...trust it will work fine mate. Don't be scared, get back on the pony!!

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
The Sonus Spritz spray arrived along with the Sonus mit the other day.

Used em' both today. Pleasing results.

Nice mit, seems to do the job well.

As for the Spritz it's the acrylic version, don't think I ordered that version. Still, it does help to keep the car looking shiny like a wax, though not quite as nice. What can you expect for 7 mins of effort though.:)

106 GTi
The Sonus Spritz spray arrived along with the Sonus mit the other day.

Used em' both today. Pleasing results.

Nice mit, seems to do the job well.

As for the Spritz it's the acrylic version, don't think I ordered that version. Still, it does help to keep the car looking shiny like a wax, though not quite as nice. What can you expect for 7 mins of effort though.:)

The Acrylic one is designed to go over Klasse Sealant and Glaze and Jeffs etc, not as nice a product as the Carnuba one, or as effective over a wax.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Damn it!

Pretty sure I ordered the Carnuba Spritz item. Checked the e-mail order and it does say Acrylic rather than Carnuba.

Never mind, I'll buy some later when funds allow.:dapprove:

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Perhaps some more microfibre cloths are needed. Looking for quality items, that don't scratch, durable and can be washed. They'll be used for applying/removing polish and wax.

Any suggestions?:)

106 GTi
Quick Detailing -Pakshak Ultra Plushes
Polishing - Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towels
Wax Removal - Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towels

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I'm a little dubious about these pads. Had a bad result when I used a Meguiars Yellow foam item.:(

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
New multispoke wheels purchased. Yet to fit.

Will they need coating with a wax before they go on? Using Swissol Autobahn on my current wheels with good results. Worth applying something as well as the Autobahn?

Also any particular tool available to help with the cleaning process of multispoke wheels?

Thanks.:)

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I'm short on the Filipino's at the mo, possible Thai instead?

I wouldn't of thought it would be necessary to polish em' with SRP since they're brand new?

106 GTi
Should be ok, as long as they have small hands ...

Needed to ensure the EGP bonds, you will be surprised how much nicer they will look even being new with a polish.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Just collected the car from a local "valeter". Took it there to to remove some stuborn seat stains.

I think I've made a mistake in using them for an interior valet.

The two front seats look like they may have been cleaned with a brush too abrasive for the job. They have a sort of fluff and fur to them as if some of the material has been lifted, also bobbles in places. Can't say I'm too happy with that.:eek:

Any method to remedy this?

Thanks.

106 GTi
Ouch - I shocks me that people on DW recommend using brushes on Alcantara. Can be fixed with a razor or shaver though.

106 GTi
The easist way is something like a Remmington Fuzz away, but I have also used my hair clippers on open blade and disposable razors.

106 GTi
Ideal for loose stuff, you will need the shaver to remove the damaged bobbling alcantara by actually shaving it back to being smooth.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Many thanks Rich.

I'm not at all happy with the work done, expected it to come back in better condition than when it left.

I've my doubts about how professional they. Shan't be returning.:dapprove:

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Just received another few detailing goodies throught the post today. One of them being Chemical Boys Microfibre wash.

It says on the instructions to add "x" amount of capfuls to the wash depending on the amount of cloths to be washed.

Are we talking about adding the capfuls to a machine wash or washing by hand?

If it's a machine wash quite a few cloths are gonna need to placed in the machine otherwise the load will be too light. I only have about 15 cloths. If so can I hand wash em' with the cleaning solution instead?

Thanks.:)

Mito Sportiva 135
I stick a few in a washing up bowl with hot water and a drizzle of the stuff...give it a mix and leave for a good few hours or overnight. Will come up well!

Mito Sportiva 135
No worries mate...

I normally use hot tap water, if you think your machine can go up to 90 degrees I use kettle water sometimes with a bit of cold water, cools down quickly, but bit of judgement really depending on how dirty the cloths are and how new/ good they are.

If you just get a washing up bowl, fill with pretty darn hot water and 2-4 caps of the wash in you should be fine mate.