ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The best way to clean my car is.....?

106 GTi
Finally bought a bottle of Yellow moose wax.Applied a fair quantity by hand via microfibre cloth.Buffed to shine.Finished with Carnuba Moose Wax.I was expecting more shine than an SRP and EGP which doesnt seem to be so.In fact less glossy if anything.Any tips? Thanks.

SRP and EGP tend to give a shiny, clear and more reflective look, the Clearkotes a deeper wetter look. Depends what kind of a look you want.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Ok, now moving on to interior detailing.

A decent product for cleaning the dash and other interior parts is....?

Thanks.:)

106 GTi
Clean with a weak mixture of Meguiars APC or Autoglym Interior Cleaner and dress with Poorboys Natural Look.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Bought a couple of Sonus Der Wunder drying towels a couple of months back.

Not too happy with the absorbancy of them. I've used them quite a few times and they haven't improved. No way as good as the pair I bought a year back.:(

Anybody experience this with these towels? Any suggestions on buying a VERY good alternative?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
In your opinion these do a better job than the Der Wunder towels?

I'm not using Aquawax. Just the Duragloss still with two bucket method and hose for rinsing. If I purchased these Chemical Guys towels would the result be different as I'm using different products to yourself?

Thanks Rich.:)

106 GTi
Work just fine when just drying without a wash as you dry product yes. If your not happy with the Sonus ones they would be my choice as a replacement.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Having a problem with removing winter dirt deposits on the rear wheels. I've even tried using SRP on them, but it's only shifting some of the grime.:(

I hate to say it, but it's gonna need something stronger to really clean off the stubborn deposits.

Any ideas?

106 GTi
Will shear of bonded on contaminants fairly easily, would be my next choice if SRP is no working before using acid based products but up to you.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Probably a silly question to ask, is it ok to use EGP after the paintwork is washed and dryed?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
If it is already has EGP on it you can add additional layers yes.

Thanks Rich. I washed the car the other week and SRP'd the car following with EGP.Just wondered if I could add other layers.Nice to know I can.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Thanks for the advice Rich. Just added a coat of Carnauba Moose Wax. Mostly so the winter dirt finds it a little bit harder to bond to the paintwork.

I'm having trouble removing the deposits on the wheels. I think I'm gonna need something stronger than the clay bar. The wheels aren't laquered just painted.

Any suggestions?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Try some bilberry wheel cleaner. A lot of people seem to like it although i have never used it yet. What clay are you using? Have you tried Strong wheel cleaners yet?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Thank you.:)

The Bilberry wheel cleaner came through the post today. Although there should've been two Miracle Dryer towels alongside it, not just one.:dapprove:

Unlike Cleanyourcar to make mistakes. Not happened before.:S

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Just used the Bilberry wheel cleaner. It's rather good. Used neat, gonna need another application. Some deposits of dirt still there.

Can anyone recommend me a safe and suitable brush, sponge etc that will help with this?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Just used the Bilberry wheel cleaner. It's rather good. Used neat, gonna need another application. Some deposits of dirt still there.

Can anyone recommend me a safe and suitable brush, sponge etc that will help with this?

Any one?:)

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Been using PoorBoy's bold and bright tyre dressing. I'm find it's not that durable and as soon as the weather takes a turn for the worse it wears off very quickly.

Results are pretty good in the looks dept. Although it doesn't seem to keep it's "brightness" for that long.

Anyone found this with this product?

Something better in all areas exists?

Bumder With A Buffer
CG new look trim gel is worth a shot.

The way to get proper glossy longish lasting wheels is to clean them up properly before hand. So use something like APC or Daisy on the tyres and give them a good scrub to remove any grease or contaminants and then apply the dressing. Should last a few weeks easily.