ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The All American Car Wash! LOAD OF WAN*K!

200 Gordini
Any car wash pisses me off, just the thought :dead: Feel for you though mate

Looks like whatever they used was covered fully in grit.

Full write up needed JD.

As always chap :approve:

Tim is away for a couple of weeks, so this will happen in a couple of weeks time.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Any car wash pisses me off, just the thought :dead: Feel for you though mate

Looks like whatever they used was covered fully in grit.

Full write up needed JD.

Nah.... my money is on them using G3 or something too harsh

55 Reg Clio 182+CUP Packs
JD fella,

Thanks so much for your help...but my parents have offered to pay Off Your Marks Detailing for a full correction.

I will however be billing the American Car wash, as they did offer to correct their mistake, but I have been told that polishing alone wont correct it, and anyhow, it’s a matter of trust, which in myself, I feel has been destroyed by the American Car Wash, so I wont be letting them near my car again.

And if they don't comply with my request to cover the cost of this repair, I’m going the local paper! And also to the rest of the enthusiast forums to spared the bad name.

Many Thanks

Tim

Ah not a problem at all Tim, glad I could be of some help at least :)

Word of advice, get them to give a full walk round of what they intend to do and also do the same once it has been done. You don't pay for food/haircut/building work until it has been completed, so the same applies to detailing. Make sure it is full on up to standard.

All the best with it. When do you have it booked in lad?

Jamie

421 Cammed 172
It looks like it was taken to Pro Cleans of tysons corner from monkey see.

I've used a machine polisher with G3 and no experience and it didn't come out this bad!!

421 Cammed 172
Results are good thanks mate.

Only used it on my black 206 so far as there were alot of bits damaged by tree sap to went around with paint, however i got quite a bit of overspray.

After the mopping though the panels are mirror shiny again and look better than the panels i haven't touched at all.

Gotta do the whole 206 next, sell that and then i'll start working on the clio bodywork hopefully as theres a few scuffs, swirls and light scratches etc on there.

Never used a porter cable, what are the main differences between a PC and MP??

Good work if your a noob and managed it with a rotary Ad172!

Those things are dangerous in the wrong hands

Also OP: Thats great your getting O.Y.M on it, should look great when its done.