ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The All American Car Wash! LOAD OF WAN*K!

o my f**king god!!!!!!!!!!!!! my dads car dont look anywhere near that bad and its never seen a drop of polish in its life!!
they have really f**ked your paint work mate i would be surprised if they have cut through the clear coat and scratched the paint below in places...
send the pics to trading standards and watch dog and also rogue traders cos that really needs some professional attention
personally if that had happened to me i would have said f**k work and gone back and got them to pay for a respray cos i wouldn't ever let them near it with a poilisher again to try and correct what they had done

Luckily the majority of paint marring, such as this, is actually quite easy to correct, once you have the right cutting polish and pads. I will be having a look at this once we both have time to meet up and I will post up a full thread on the correction, if Tim is prepared to trust any detailer ever again tbh!!:dead:

I'm not sure, I haven't managed to chat to him this morning.

Just to point out, unfortunately, as stated in a previous post, these companies should know what they are doing. People, who do not have a knowledge of car detailing (most of the general public let's be honest), are not going to know what is required when getting rid of swirl marks, or even know what they are.

We all know that to create a smooth surface on paint, you sand it. I really hope this is not what they have done and they have just mopped it badly. But I cannot comment as I do not know the full story, so will be acting on a car that has incredibly bad paint work and needs seeing to, just as with any other car in a bad state from washing with a sponge.

Let us also not forget that Black + Sun = very obvious marks! So the pictures are bound to make it look ten times worse.

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah darker colours do show marks worse than others.. mine shows up like f**k . My mate has a silver olop (polo!) and you need decent lighting to be able to see the marks on his whilst mine are visible under normal light.

I actually thought the other day I had no swirl marks :), until the light went down a bit and I look at it under my driveway floodlight!

Barge
F'uck me fella, that is awful. Very true what Jamie says, the combo of black and sun always bring up marks. I'd most certainly be going back and causing a massive scene though, looks like whoever has worked on it really didn't have a clue. Hopefully Jamie, or someone else on here will get it sorted and looking good for you again!

Monaco 172
ah get some 3M ultrafina on a blue waffle pad and your fine. thats just extreme buffer trials left by them not finishing it ...at all!

Pretty sure they haven't even touched the swirls either, Pete. But my plan would be to start with the rear spoiler with some final finish on a finishing pad, see how that goes down, if not step up to something with a little more cut; pad likewise.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah extreme buffer trails to say the least!!!
Imo from the pics that's just needing pc'd correctly and it'll be right as rain.

Sure Jamie will sort you out. I bet they polished it and never even protected it!

Monaco 172
have you got 3m stuff?i know nothing about menzerna apart from its a t**t to use in the cold lol i suppose it is rather fucked up to be honest, maybe something in between to bring that down to a finishing level initially. ive not seen anything as bad as that ever, not even when i started using the buff on my mas car...quickly twigged on what the problem was though.

heres a though....whoevers fixing it, do have the bonnet and show them the difference.make them think twice about offering this "service"

Ali seems to like the 3M because of the finish and the price, Pete. Not tried it myself but the finishing compound is on my "next week list", since my Menz FF is running low. Have sod loads of IP left and love it, so, so, so much better than the Megs 80/83 twins!

That is a good point, Pete. Tim will have a full write up/pics to go with the service as usual from me. If he chooses to take things further, i.e. a refund, then I would suggest a blatant 50:50 shot of the bonnet would serve nicely!

Jamie

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
NO WAY! Offyourmarks are amazing detailers. Some of the best on Detailingworld! Although that is horrific!!!!!!!!! Never seen anything like that!

Just to give you lot an idea, it is no worse than this;

IMG_5019.gif

Y reg Aston DB7 after being washed with a cloth and grit water for about 8 years.

Bumder With A Buffer
NO WAY! Offyourmarks are amazing detailers. Some of the best on Detailingworld! Although that is horrific!!!!!!!!! Never seen anything like that!

It wasnt off your maks who did it fella.. he just linked to there website as it had a picture similar to what he was left with.

Edit im guessing this is who did it considering they are in Chester...

http://www.all-american.co.uk/

Maybe the cast of Hollyoaks were having a trial day???? ;)

Monaco 172
aye get some photos up of it. im curious but not expecting a disaster to be honest.

id actually love a bash at it myself but the cost of a flight wouldnt be worth it lol

plus, can you imagine the polish, pads and buff going through an xray scanner:nono:

Lol, pah, swirls are spider webbing, clay marks are micro marring and buffer trails are classed as hologramming. But who's being pedantic ;)

Only messing Pete. Look at Paul, sitting on the fence young boyo ;)

Porsche Boxster987S
Lol, pah, swirls are spider webbing, clay marks are micro marring and buffer trails are classed as hologramming. But who's being pedantic ;)

Only messing Pete. Look at Paul, sitting on the fence young boyo ;)

i wuv you tbh <3 x

Porsche Boxster987S
No even close son. Buffer trails are caused buy pellets who shouldn't own rotary's. Swirls are unavoidable. Minimising them through proper washing and dryin is the key.

well said tbh:approve:

Monaco 172
lol fair enough. but if that was a dig i have never ever done anything like that, and ive never ever touched a Poofter Cable/g220/kestral DA or anything similar.!

lol fair enough. but if that was a dig i have never ever done anything like that, and ive never ever touched a Poofter Cable/g220/kestral DA or anything similar.!

Lol at poofter cable!

Ali was referring to the inbred edeots that did the OP's car.