ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The All American Car Wash! LOAD OF WAN*K!

55 Reg Clio 182+CUP Packs
Now I know alot of you guys would have done this yourself, but I had no time, I’m going away tomorrow.

I wanted to sort my car out, clean it up, and restore the paintwork.

I have a black/gold 182

Which I paid £50 to have a machine polish done, by the wan*kers know as the American Car Wash.

They have total fu*ked up the car, I mean server swirl marks all over and the colour has even faded in parts.

If I go back there, I will probably end up in jail next week.

I want to know, would an insurer, insure me for damage done by a vale ting service?

If not, what options do I have!?

Please help.

Thanks

Tim

Got a link? Best bet is to go and tell them. See their reaction. If nothing comes of it report them to trading standards. They have insurance etc.

Monaco 172
those faded bits are hopefully just badly buffed paint, i/e lots of wee scratches, nothing either a hard compound or some 200 grit wont sort!

however to fix it take it somewhere reputable, or to a mate who has half a clue.

Tim if you are willing to bob up here (alderley edge/wilmslow) I will have a look at it and see what I can do with my Machine Polisher.

Oh and Tim, 50 quid is at least half, if not a quarter what you should be paying for this type of service, hence the problems sadly mate :(

JD mate, would your offer still stand in maybe say two weeks, I go to cornwall tomorrow...with the family.

Hope so, thanks so much for your kindness.

Of course lad, not a problem at all. Best bet is if you send me some photos before you come up and I can judge what needs doing and let you know. If the whole car is like that then it will require a machine polish (about a day's work) so can book you in chap.

Have fun in Cornwall, especially in this weather!

Jamie

Sadly, these people aim at gents like Tim that are not going to know any better and therefore are willing to pay them good, hard earned, cash for what should be a relatively good service. In all honesty, it makes me sick.

Edit; just to cover myself, there may have been an issue somewhere with this company/particular employee, so will wait and see the results of Tim's enquiries over the issue before passing judgement on the afore mentioned company.

N/A Currently
Tim if you are willing to bob up here (alderley edge/wilmslow) I will have a look at it and see what I can do with my Machine Polisher.

Ooooh, thats right near me :D How much would you charge for a machine polish, where I could pick up some tips and watch to? :D

Some pictures attached

Attachments

• P1000834.JPG
    P1000834.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 176
  • P1000835.JPG
    P1000835.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 161
  • P1000843.JPG
    P1000843.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 152
  • P1000844.JPG
    P1000844.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 156

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
WTF !!!!!!! Mate id be taking the car back and slapping them with it. ::mad: :mad: :mad: That just pisses me off massively. As if you didn't complain there and then. I wouldn't have paid them!!! you should have got them to pay you. If jamie can't do it you i will sort you that out mate as its a piss take. :( Gutting

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Thats shocking ! Bet your fuming ?

I hope you get it sorted & back to looking how it should do mate.

Id stick that rotary up there jaxy if I were you, money back for deffo !!

Bumder With A Buffer
Does Stevie Wonder work there?? Is he the guy that inspects them before going back out to customers??!!

alien green rs133
duck taped a brillo pad to an angle grinder perhaps, ffs that is just a joke

im sure one of the lads on here will be able to correct it for you fella

MODDED 172
Looks like they used an angle grinder get back there pronto dude to either. 1 get them to fix the problem to a standard your satified with. 2 get somone else in to sort the problem like someone who knows what there doing 3 to let them know your not happy and have spread the word on cs lol

Ooooh, thats right near me :D How much would you charge for a machine polish, where I could pick up some tips and watch to? :D

Standard rates for Clios are £85 for paint correction (about 8-10 hours work) or £150 for a full detail (more like 16 hours work as it includes wheels off etc).

:eek:

you going to fcs???

I should be mate, got a couple of offers of rooms. That sounds wrong! Be good to meet you pal!

a rotary sander without any sort of polishing pads attached.

Tim, received the photos on my blackberry while at a gig this evening and almost had to sit down. Something has gone horribly wrong there. I will be in touch tomorrow, but that is 100% paint correction, up to you on a full detail.

Jamie

CLIO Iceberg 172
o my f**king god!!!!!!!!!!!!! my dads car dont look anywhere near that bad and its never seen a drop of polish in its life!!
they have really fucked your paint work mate i would be surprised if they have cut through the clear coat and scratched the paint below in places...
send the pics to trading standards and watch dog and also rogue traders cos that really needs some professional attention
personally if that had happened to me i would have said f**k work and gone back and got them to pay for a respray cos i wouldn't ever let them near it with a poilisher again to try and correct what they had done

Clio 182
I almost can’t believe how bad that is. I know they have a sign saying that if your car gets scratched its not there fault but that taking the piss.
Have you emailed them the pics to see what they say???