ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The ‘almost finished’ thread....

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Actually it might not have been Metal Gear Solid 2, it might have been Splinter Cell I completed.
Yep, Splinter Cell on the original Xbox only game ever.

Actually that reminds me, I used to complete Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory over and over again for fun. Great game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This was on my list of not completed.. got bored.

Are we talking completed 100% achievements or just finished the single player?
Just playing it through really. I can't imagine that there are many people who hammer all the additional side quests and achievements. I've got 726 games on my Steam account, but only 1 Perfect Game. :smile:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just playing it through really. I can't imagine that there are many people who hammer all the additional side quests and achievements. I've got 726 games on my Steam account, but only 1 Perfect Game. [emoji2]
In The Witcher 3 I played so many side quests when I went back to the main story I was 20 levels above the recommended level for the mission! One side mission made me laugh, I had to go beat 3 guys in a fist fight for the chance to fight a boss lady. Beat the s**t out of her and the reward for all that running about and fisticuffs? A shag[emoji23].

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
In The Witcher 3 I played so many side quests when I went back to the main story I was 20 levels above the recommended level for the mission! One side mission made me laugh, I had to go beat 3 guys in a fist fight for the chance to fight a boss lady. Beat the s**t out of her and the reward for all that running about and fisticuffs? A shag[emoji23].
Lol!

I've never once heard anyone say anything particularly bad about Witcher 3. I really need to play that at some point. I've only just got to the part where I have a horse!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Finished the complete story of Just Cause 3 and liberated all the parts of the islands too. Up until yesterday, I had but one part of one location to finish with those silly little transmitter stations, where you shut them down against the clock. If I hadn't have done that, JC3 would have been a deserved entry onto this thread.

There's about another 30 or so achievements to get for total completion - but some are so time consuming, that I simply CBA.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Finished the complete story of Just Cause 3 and liberated all the parts of the islands too. Up until yesterday, I had but one part of one location to finish with those silly little transmitter stations, where you shut them down against the clock. If I hadn't have done that, JC3 would have been a deserved entry onto this thread.

There's about another 30 or so achievements to get for total completion - but some are so time consuming, that I simply CBA.
I'm in the same position with jc3. I couldn't be bothered to chase 5 gears on the silly challenge things. Those bomb run ones are impossible.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm in the same position with jc3. I couldn't be bothered to chase 5 gears on the silly challenge things. Those bomb run ones are impossible.
It didn't help that I was using one input method, then switching to the other - lol.

I can't aim and shoot for s**t using a pad - but I needed that to feel like the controls on the aircraft were 'right'. Strangely, I'd fly all the helos with K&M, drive all of the cars with it too and obviously when on foot.

I didn't bother with the gear things much, at all. They felt like a quick add-on and certainly didn't add anything to the game. I think I only did two or three of the driving challenges too - again, they just felt like an afterthought.

One achievement that I missed out on loads of times was taking sanctuary in a church when the Heat Level on you was Level 5. Got so close, yet missed out every time. Finishing the game unlocks the sandbox mode, but I don't think I'll do much than have a quick blat on it. I've put 45 hours into it as it is.