ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The ‘almost finished’ thread....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person here who has several recent games that are almost, yet not quite finished.

Is it because you’ve switched to something else? Maybe picked up the newer sequel of the game in question and you’ve giving up on the original? Maybe the part you’re on was just too difficult and you rage-quitted, never to return?

I’ve a few that I can think of...

Mad Max. So, so close to the end on that - definitely one that I need to set aside a Sunday afternoon and just get it done!

Mass Effect 4. Really liked the game so far - I’d hazard a guess that I’m approx two-thirds maybe through the game? Just more recent titles came my way that diverted my attention.

Bioshock - FFS, I have started this game more times than I can remember. I really like it too - but always seem to get pulled towards another game.

I can’t think of any that I’ve stopped playing due to a difficulty wall, though?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
None that I haven’t finished due to difficulty, but plenty that I’ve done the main core and then not been bothered to do all the shitty little side quests etc.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person here who has several recent games that are almost, yet not quite finished.

Is it because you’ve switched to something else? Maybe picked up the newer sequel of the game in question and you’ve giving up on the original? Maybe the part you’re on was just too difficult and you rage-quitted, never to return?

I’ve a few that I can think of...

Mad Max. So, so close to the end on that - definitely one that I need to set aside a Sunday afternoon and just get it done!

Mass Effect 4. Really liked the game so far - I’d hazard a guess that I’m approx two-thirds maybe through the game? Just more recent titles came my way that diverted my attention.

Bioshock - FFS, I have started this game more times than I can remember. I really like it too - but always seem to get pulled towards another game.

I can’t think of any that I’ve stopped playing due to a difficulty wall, though?
GTA V
Destiny 2
Bioshock series
Skyrim
F1 2017
Assassin’s Creed series

And many, many more

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
GTA V
Destiny 2
Bioshock series
Skyrim
F1 2017
Assassin’s Creed series

And many, many more

I'm not really quite sure why we do this to ourselves? It would be like walking out of the cinema, five minutes from the end of a film. Our leaving the last dozen pages of a book, unread?

I get the whole side-quest CBA train of thought. But when (we all) seem to stop progression on something that we've put a fair amount of time into - it does seem a little weird?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
For example, with GTA V, I enjoyed the story line, so I wanted to perform the missions to see how the story turned out, plus there’s an objective to it all - finding bits of spaceship on the seabed so you can see the message ‘spaceship parts found 23/31’ doesn’t have any real plot or reward.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I have hundreds of games I've either never played or played less than 5 hours

Bought Monster Hunter World, played for a few hours and haven't touched it since

WoW on the other hand I'm probably at 100 hours in the last month or so

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Zone in and out of Assassin's Creed Origin's.

I've put about 35 hours in; mainly exploring, side quests and location bonus related challenges (tombs etc.). That is probably the biggest game I've ever played and serves more as a demotivator than anything. Level 30 and 1/4 through the story.

Cupra
GTAV and a couple of the Lego games are probably the only games I’ve actually completed in the past 5 years! I used to do all the COD/MOH careers on the PC, but the Xbox is just to easy to turn on and off again. I’ve just got into Forza 3 again as my two boys have started playing it so I might get close to some form of completion...

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Assassin's Creed- whatever the London one is. Probably halfway through but I've since delteded the game from the PS4 due to lack of storage. Not sure if I'll bother with it again tbh.

DOOM- Got into it. Got to a part that pissed me off, ended up playing another game, haven't been back since.

Dirt 4? Really can't be arsed with the whole pick your mechanic, PR, other staff etc for the next 6 races, sort your sponsorship out and the other bits that really don't need to be in it imo. It's also an extremely long winded process to do everything.

Loads of indie games I've had downloaded and have started.

Not sure what else is on my shelf tbh.

I've only Platinumed 3 games on the PS4, all of which have been the Far Cry ones (3,4&Primal).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you mentioned that about DIRT4. I was tempted to go for it in the recent sale, but I’d read some iffy reviews about it.

I really like DIRT Rally - but isn’t it a simpler form of that game? More arcadey than a form of simulation?

Goliath I
Speaking of DIRT have you seen the new game out called Gravel... yes, GRAVEL! lol Basically a rally game thats a little more acrade'y. Played the demo and seemed a bit like Sega Rally/V-Rally.

Still not finished MGS V, Fallout 4, Batman Arkham Knight, Doom...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
DiRT 4 is a lot better than DiRT Rally in my opinon. Did take me a while to get into but once you start opening things up it's a lot better... DiRT 2 is still the best though.

Just finished Uncharted 4 last night, pretty epic game but again the second one was the best!

I'm very close to finishing Battlefield 1 which is good but also way too short (guess it's mainly about online but I don't play online anymore)

Evo 5 RS
Christ. Everything?

No, few things, though. Recently just finally finished AC: Origins. Depends what you mean by finished, too. Totally rinsing a lot of these games is just too much, not enough time.

Subnautica I've given up on recently as performance is broken on my current progress.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like to start a new game until I'm finished but games like destiny or warframe interrupt sometimes and I'll not go back. On ps4 GTA V has to be my biggest fail, not sure how far through I am but I just got bored and gave up. I've just gone back to Horizon Zero Dawn to do the dlc and I might go finish The Witcher 3 dlc afterwards. I bought skyrim with a voucher I got for Xmas and haven't even started the game yet. That was Xmas 2016! I did platinum it on PS3 though. I'm a bit of a trophy whore and like to get to the platinum, I must be well over 100 hours on fallout 4 and the Witcher 3. I'm also over 1600 hours on warframe over the last 4 years! Must get out more[emoji23][emoji23]

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like to start a new game until I'm finished but games like destiny or warframe interrupt sometimes and I'll not go back. On ps4 GTA V has to be my biggest fail, not sure how far through I am but I just got bored and gave up. I've just gone back to Horizon Zero Dawn to do the dlc and I might go finish The Witcher 3 dlc afterwards. I bought skyrim with a voucher I got for Xmas and haven't even started the game yet. That was Xmas 2016! I did platinum it on PS3 though. I'm a bit of a trophy whore and like to get to the platinum, I must be well over 100 hours on fallout 4 and the Witcher 3. I'm also over 1600 hours on warframe over the last 4 years! Must get out more[emoji23][emoji23]

That's one of those things about Warframe that I like - in that you can hop back onto it, realise that there are quite a few new features - yet carry on as before. According to Steam, its the game I've recorded the most hours on - at over 670.

I do tend to go after some achievements if I realise that they are within reach. I'm not sure on the consoles, but in Steam you see a clear progression of how far you are with that achievement so far. If there was something random in a game like 25 headshots with a tranquilliser gun and I'm on about 20 so far - I'll certainly make the effort to get those extra 5.

So achievements are virtually impossible and/or require a level of commitment that 99% of people simply don't have. There's a well known game on Steam called Tales of Maj'Eyal that has more than 1,600 achievements in it. If you filter it by rarity, you see that either one person in the world has obtained these hard achievements, and some, none at all.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Was working my way through the Forza 7 career (SP) however since PUBG came out for the Xbox its literally all I've played. Total play time is now something like 13 days (I have a problem lol).

Bought a load of new games around black Friday/Cyber Monday (Wolfenstein 2, Doom, Tomb Raider etc). Don't think I'll ever finish HZD as I loved the story of it but the gameplay/mechanics got boring really quickly.

DCi
When you say finished... I have completed the story in GTA5 but f**k 100% 'ing it.

I need to box off Sniper Elite

Mostly I play FIFA, NHL and Golf, you can't really complete those :D

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Most games TBH. Only 100% a couple of games really.

Fallout 4 - invested so many hours then got another game. I seemed to spend hours and feel like I did not a lot!.
Most assassins Creed games I just feel meh after 70% of it, yet buy the next one..

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Is Fallout 4 any good then? Was thinking about getting it but not played any others in the series.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve got far too many games I’ve started and not finished. Doom, Mad Max, Hitman, Halo 5, Gears of War 4. I could look at a list and keep going for a while.

I keep telling myself to get through some of what I’ve got before buying anymore, it just doesn’t help when there’s always a sale on Steam, CD Keys etc.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Is Fallout 4 any good then? Was thinking about getting it but not played any others in the series.
Yes, if you like that sort of thing.

I've just bought Red Dead Redemption so I can finish the story before RDR2 comes out in October. Just a few more trophies to grind out on Horizon to get that 100% done.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got far too many games I’ve started and not finished. Doom, Mad Max, Hitman, Halo 5, Gears of War 4. I could look at a list and keep going for a while.

I keep telling myself to get through some of what I’ve got before buying anymore, it just doesn’t help when there’s always a sale on Steam, CD Keys etc.

Where are you up to with that? As I mentioned, I'm pretty near finishing it - yet have still to get a V8 into the car. I've got an overworked V6 that simply can't lug the armoured car about quickly enough! It's a great platform for a game - not perfect by any means - but one that they clearly could have developed and added onto. Even now, the scenery and backdrops are impressive to look at.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Where are you up to with that? As I mentioned, I'm pretty near finishing it - yet have still to get a V8 into the car. I've got an overworked V6 that simply can't lug the armoured car about quickly enough! It's a great platform for a game - not perfect by any means - but one that they clearly could have developed and added onto. Even now, the scenery and backdrops are impressive to look at.

Honestly, I can’t remember. Probably no where near the end but I did put a few unplanned hours into it when I last had a go.

Agreed that it’s a good looker.

Clio
Am I the only one who hasn't ever finished a game?
Apart from maybe Metal Gear Solid 2. I'm sure I did or at least got pretty damn close,.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Am I the only one who hasn't ever finished a game?
Apart from maybe Metal Gear Solid 2. I'm sure I did or at least got pretty damn close,.

Is that the one where you unlocked a tuxedo to wear in the game when you finished it? Or was that the first one..

Clio
Actually it might not have been Metal Gear Solid 2, it might have been Splinter Cell I completed.
Yep, Splinter Cell on the original Xbox only game ever.