ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £700 PH2 172 Project Thread

RS6 C7
Welcome!

A couple of days back i purchased a 172 ph2 in black for the grand sum of £700. At that price i had nothing to lose so i rang the guy up and pretty much did the deal over the phone.

It was advertised having a lumpy idle with a strong smell of petrol coming from the exhaust. I sent a recovery truck to fetch it as i didn't fancy driving an ill clio 35 miles..

After consulting with a mechanic friend and having a quick look over the car he came to the conclusion that it's something minor like a coilpack / lambda sensor etc. The car is booked in with him this Thursday so fingers crossed. :eek:

Overall it's pretty tidy, There is a dent on the rear drivers quarter & a scrape on the rear bumper but these will be easily sorted. The car has been owned by a women so the alloys are absolutely destroyed, Not one tyre is the same brand:clown:, I will be replacing the alloys with something along the lines of Turinis, 2118's etc.

Interior is pretty much immaculate, Slight wear to the drivers bolster but i have purchased a leather restore kit so that should sort that out.

The plans so far are: (all depends what the mechanic says)

Turinis/ 2118's / pro race etc.
conti sport contacts.
civic type r aerial
cup spoiler.
get the dents sorted
de wiper
clean numberplates
clear side repeaters
Spitter

I'm not to sure what to do suspension wise at the minute, I think it's something i will get to but i want to drive it for a bit as it is so i can feel the change once parts are upgraded.

Anyway enough chat!, Here are a few pictures:
fgjtyuj002.jpg

fgjtyuj001.jpg

fgjtyuj003.jpg

dzgsdg002.jpg

The modifying has started already, I fitted a few parts i made at work:
fgjtyuj005.jpg

fgjtyuj004.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Another clio revived from almost certain death! good lad!!!!

RS6 C7
Turinis purchased, They need refurbing, I was thinking a chrome black or a dark blue? , Want it to be slightly different but not in your face.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Damn. I need a bargin like this. Even when youve paid to have belts done, thats cheeeeps

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I was gonna do mine a really dark bronze until a set of anthracite ones came up that were too good to turn down.

Clio 1.4 dynamique s
Just had exatly the same happen to my clio!
needed a new 02 sensor, rocker gasget, ECU cover and some other gasget, mechanic said the gasgets had holes in them and was messing with the fuel to air mixture, basically making it run really rich. Only came to around £250 with labour.

RS6 C7
Fixed! Coil pack replaced, mechanic also found that one of the leads was trapped between the head which is why it wasn't firing properly. 02 sensor had thrown a fit. ( sorry about my basic mechanical knowledge)

Not sure how much it will cost yet but he never rips me off. Hoping for around £200 :)

RS6 C7
Ktec stealth,
Oz f1's
short aerial all purchased.

Booked in to have the belts done.

Not so cheap any more but at least I know it's all be done correctly :)

RS6 C7
There is a garage near my house called sj motortech. He has all the right tools and his right hand man is an ex Renault mechanic.

I know Fred is local but this guy is fantastic and does all our cars.

RS6 C7
Lol, Can hardly believe this but i was removing the exhaust in preparation for fitting my ktec stealth, After i removed it i gave it a quick clean & it turns out it's a bloody ktec stealth so now i have 2!

It was that dirty that it was unrecognisable. With the induction kit & that, that gives me an absolute bargain! Happy days.

Listerine & Poledo
Exhausts rarely stay shiny for too long :)

Unless, of course, you're a "detailer" or similar, in which case they'll get washed, polished, waxed and clayed, daily... or whatever.

Any plans for your spare stealth? ;)

RS6 C7
Exhausts rarely stay shiny for too long :)

Unless, of course, you're a "detailer" or similar, in which case they'll get washed, polished, waxed and clayed, daily... or whatever.

Any plans for your spare stealth? ;)
Will be putting one for sale over the weekend. £200 posted. ;)

RS6 C7
you dont hang around do you! nice buy though!
I like to get things done quick, Can't wait to get it on track though, Once the belts & brakes are done i think i will be booking a trackday with tuition as i haven't done one before!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Out of interest, have you got to fit shorter tailgate struts with the trophy spoiler?

RS6 C7
Popped in to see how the mechanic is doing, He found the dreaded tipex on the pulley!

The cambelt has been replaced but all the tensioners are original..

is it worth changing the alternator tensioner?