ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £600 Cup Track Build

katana2

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Racing Blue
I've the same setup but with a R19TD pump.
I've use dash.
High pression:
2 adaptator 9/16 16x150
1m dash 6
2 45° 9/16

and standard for the low pression.
I just need to fix my pump

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
What about Wayne's turbo engine that he is selling ?

I was speaking to Wayne Neil, for the same money though I can build my own with forged internals etc. Great set up he has but for the cost I think I'm better from scratch from Andy.

Love this car matey! Gone a bit past a 600 quid banger though :tongueout:

Any info on the PAS setup? My pipes are leaking and I was thinking of doing something similar with a saxo pump. Have you got any pics of the pipes to the pump and rack? Would be mega useful!

Thanks.

Thanks mate! I'm working away just now but if you have a look at icemans race car thread it's all In there as its his old set up.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
How old was the dephaser? If there's no sign of the bottom end being shot and everything else looks good, it's only really the dephaser that could be the culprit.

Also check that the power steering pump is tightened correctly... Slack bolt in that can make it sound like something is rattling about inside the engine! Worth a check before you start throwing major cash at it....

What spec is the 335, similar to mine?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Bad news has turned into good news :smile:

(That's getting more money plowed into it! Lol)

Haha it's a vicious circle these cars Mark! How's the ph1 now?

How old was the dephaser? If there's no sign of the bottom end being shot and everything else looks good, it's only really the dephaser that could be the culprit.

Good shout mate, the dephaser was brand new though however I fitted everything and it's the first time I've delved this deep so likely I've broke something lol.

Also check that the power steering pump is tightened correctly... Slack bolt in that can make it sound like something is rattling about inside the engine! Worth a check before you start throwing major cash at it....

What spec is the 335, similar to mine?

I'm running the saxo pump now Craig in the scuttle panel. Good shout though.

335 is standard in Estoril Blue with the 19's. Would of loved the performance kit but to much pennies ;).

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Been a while since I've updated. Was getting sick of the car sitting having no engine and was wanting to use it so starting hunting for a cheap engine. @Stu. came to the rescue with a ph1 engine, thanks again boss :wink:.

High mileage one with circa 130k, belts looked ok but no history and to be honest I couldn't be arsed doing them so just threw it in. Hopefully do me longer than 15 minutes unlike the last one!

Dropped it in last night then plumbed it all up this morning, love how easy these are when most of the engine bay is clear of battery and pas pipes etc. She's not as pretty as last time but I've lost interest in all the clean parts now just wanting it out.

21741212271_cc32ec0607_z.jpg

21720331732_489f294ab9_z.jpg

In between the last update my new daily arrived, 335D. Awesome power for a diesel very impressed so far!

20734117404_8ed9730eea_z.jpg

So hopefully next weekend the clio will be back out and I can focus on getting the cage in then a track day sorted.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Been a while since I've updated. Was getting sick of the car sitting having no engine and was wanting to use it so starting hunting for a cheap engine. @Stu. came to the rescue with a ph1 engine, thanks again boss :wink:.

High mileage one with circa 130k, belts looked ok but no history and to be honest I couldn't be arsed doing them so just threw it in. Hopefully do me longer than 15 minutes unlike the last one!

Dropped it in last night then plumbed it all up this morning, love how easy these are when most of the engine bay is clear of battery and pas pipes etc. She's not as pretty as last time but I've lost interest in all the clean parts now just wanting it out.

21741212271_cc32ec0607_z.jpg

21720331732_489f294ab9_z.jpg

In between the last update my new daily arrived, 335D. Awesome power for a diesel very impressed so far!

20734117404_8ed9730eea_z.jpg

So hopefully next weekend the clio will be back out and I can focus on getting the cage in then a track day sorted.
I'm aiming for the open day on the 25th October mate (body shop repairs dependant), might be good first outing for yours as you wont be
pestered with the session day hassles....?

clio
Great thread, and very inspiring, pain about the engine, but at least you have another, then you can sort yours out while abusing this one ,

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I'm aiming for the open day on the 25th October mate (body shop repairs dependant), might be good first outing for yours as you wont be
pestered with the session day hassles....?

That sounds like a plan to work towards Craig. Hopefully have the cage in before then also.

Great thread, and very inspiring, pain about the engine, but at least you have another, then you can sort yours out while abusing this one ,

Cheers mate! Yeah definately glad I went down the cheap engine route first!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've been sorting a few ends out this weekend to prepare for this track day.

First was getting the cage in and pads welded. Some piece of kit the safety devices cage, very impressed!
22064350382_4b00923dfc_z.jpg

Then had a bit of a boredom streak this week staying up Aberdeenshrie with work in the arse end of no where, hit the Internet and bought a few parts:
21888619410_7dedeaf225_z.jpg

21453974194_b1a1bcc51b_z.jpg

Also ordered some cm composite brake ducts which will hopefully be here soon.

Put the bm to good use today transporting Clio parts lol

21453975014_b4860d2ff1_z.jpg

And tonight quickly put my roof scoop on that I'd forgot about. Lost the light towards the end so not the best of photos.

21453975174_7a37b75fca_z.jpg

21888927108_5c3a71020f_z.jpg

22064349912_33a923368e_z.jpg

Just little odds and ends now, geniuinly feels like this is never ending!

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
@Arran_ can I ask how have you mounted your plastic Windows in the front have you just glued them into the seal around the edge?

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
I've actually still do fix them in mate. There holding there self up just now, I think I'm just going to stick a bolt through the bottom to keep them up.
Ahh right I see are hey easy enough to fit? I have just ordered a full set for the car the back 2 and the back window I'm sure will be easy to fit just bond them to the car however the front seem a little more tricky any tips?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh right I see are hey easy enough to fit? I have just ordered a full set for the car the back 2 and the back window I'm sure will be easy to fit just bond them to the car however the front seem a little more tricky any tips?

Yeah very easy! With the door cards off you just remove the mechanism for the old window couple of bolts, hardest bit was getting the plastic part out the glass (there is probably an easy way to do this, I ended up smashing one window by accident). Glass just then slides out then slide the plastic ones in.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Yeah very easy! With the door cards off you just remove the mechanism for the old window couple of bolts, hardest bit was getting the plastic part out the glass (there is probably an easy way to do this, I ended up smashing one window by accident). Glass just then slides out then slide the plastic ones in.
Brilliant sounds easy enough, I'm not to fussed if it smashes it doesn't go on the road anymore. Did you smash the back and side windows or jail eased them out?

Ph2 172
This is epic man, I didn't realise this is what you were building when you said "decided to go pure track car" haha!

Where about you working up this way?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Great tread! :up: Given me some good ideas now need to find the money!!

Cheers mate, you'll end up spending a small fortune before you know it!

This is epic man, I didn't realise this is what you were building when you said "decided to go pure track car" haha!

Where about you working up this way?

Haha cheers mate!

I was sent up last week around Banff and then Turriff for a few days. Work on wind turbines, there's plenty of them up there anyway!

Ph2 172
Haha cheers mate!

I was sent up last week around Banff and then Turriff for a few days. Work on wind turbines, there's plenty of them up there anyway!

Haha not surprised boredom set in, not a lot in that neck of the woods! Just about 30/40 minutes over the hills from where I am.

Hopefully see this in the flesh some time at knockhill :up:

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Well Sunday finally saw my first track day! What a great day, really enjoyed it. Was the first time id ever pushed a car that much, very impressed with how well the car went, and best of all no issues :smiley: Enjoyed the track also, was a bit greasy in the morning but once dry i gained a lot more confidence. Took me a while to go through duffus dip with some speed, something about entering a blind corner i couldn't quite get used to ha!

Thanks to Fraser and Craig for their advise during the day as i was a bit lost at first haha!

So yeah in terms of the car i couldn't fault any of it. Was a short and sweet year as that will be the only track day until next year. No real plans over the winter, although I'm going to have a bash at giving the interior a quick spray to tidy it up and then will just be little bits and bobs. Im definitely done with spending... for now 😂. I think next year I'm going to get the track tuition session to brush up on some skills also :smile:

Some pictures from the day and a couple of the full cage now fitted and the new door cards, sadly none on the track yet.

22396262560_e0023eabb4_z.jpg

22595421841_74c992880c_z.jpg

22584229875_4363e9a083_z.jpg

22570665602_ec98d0ffc2_z.jpg

22396257540_52a5ce3d63_z.jpg