ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

That's not rat...

BMW E92/Audi S3
Epic lack of understanding of the rat-look movement TBH

It's meant to be about preserving the history of a car. Every dent tells a story and gives a vehicle character. Old rare accessories just make them cooler. I've seen 1950s rat-look buses where the outward bodywork has been left as good as untouched but the underneath would put most of the clios on here to shame.

You are sideways

Swift Sport
Ermmm...
wrong8.gif

Turbos.
Aslong as it's well maintained, reliable and gets me where I want to go, appearances doesn't bother me in the slightest

So why did you do the bonnet in the first place? If you have time on your hands, you could always knock one out...

EP3 Civic Type R
Rat is s**t on the majority of VAG's and the majority of the time it's s**t on everything else.

Sorry mate... but epic fail from where I'm standing.

the only peope who get "rat" are car geeks and club/forum users (like us), that means that 98% of all road users will just think you are a loser, and wont "get it"

got to agree with that

would be so embarrased driving anywhere in it, imagine going to pick up a girl in that, she just wouldnt get it

Works...kind of...
What must your neighbours think.

'tard', probably.

Atleast people are being honest, nothing worse than someone saying "if you like it that's all that matters", what a cop-out.

What I find funny is that people expect me to look after a 11 year old banger like it's a baby; Caressing it gently every time I get in it or some bollox.

Underneath is sound and it's mechanically faultless (at the moment). I partly did it as an 'up yours' to whoever has been keying it. They clearly put alot of effort in to it (the way "a*shole" was written, I kind of felt bad attempting to touch it up) so thought I'd make them a bit shirty about it. I'd probably know why it'd been done if I knew who did it, but alas...

But feel free to take it seriously rather than a joke, which supposedly, is at my own expense. I wont lose any sleep over it.

Stagecoach Ticket
2 more questions without meaning to be rude.

With that much rust does it pass an MOT?
second question do you have a girlfreind? if so what does she say about it. If not would you not look like a complete dick picking a girl up for a night out etc in that?

Works...kind of...
2 more questions without meaning to be rude.

With that much rust does it pass an MOT?

Unless it eats threw and makes holes, no.

second question do you have a girlfreind?

Nope

If not would you not look like a complete dick picking a girl up for a night out etc in that?

Probably, but I'm happily single so it's never really come up.

Although, a few girl-friends have said they quite like it (or atleast more-so than they were expecting). Weither or not that's out of sympathy/sarcasm I've no idea or care. They don't seem to have a problem getting in the car though when I offer.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I love how everyone is pretty much completely ignoring your replies and continue to criticise what they believe to be a serious attempt at 'rat'!

Works...kind of...
I love how everyone is pretty much completely ignoring your replies and continue to criticise what they believe to be a serious attempt at 'rat'!

Selective reading's a terrible thing. ;)

Glad some's 'got' it.

"oh but you spent ages doing it, ofcourse you took it seriously"

a289e4b1.gif

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
'tard', probably.

Atleast people are being honest, nothing worse than someone saying "if you like it that's all that matters", what a cop-out.

What I find funny is that people expect me to look after a 11 year old banger like it's a baby; Caressing it gently every time I get in it or some bollox.

Underneath is sound and it's mechanically faultless (at the moment). I partly did it as an 'up yours' to whoever has been keying it. They clearly put alot of effort in to it (the way "a*shole" was written, I kind of felt bad attempting to touch it up) so thought I'd make them a bit shirty about it. I'd probably know why it'd been done if I knew who did it, but alas...

But feel free to take it seriously rather than a joke, which supposedly, is at my own expense. I wont lose any sleep over it.

gotta be better than taking the black and decker mouse to it surely? strange!

172 Exclusive... For Sale
I actually like it. The texture on the bonnet whilst not natural decay is quite vivid. I wanna see more pics, something different to be honest... Or i fink ju shud put torino onit, lolz

106 GTI
If you read though he has stated that his cars been keyed etc and this is an in your face reply.

Some nice small wheels and a 100mm drop and it will pull the look off

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
lol, good on you mate

I think you should make the whole thing rusty!

120d M Sport
Lmao- Fair play mate I like it (even if for all the wrong reasons)

Ghetto'd Mk1 lol

dare I ask, you taking it ot FCS?

Works...kind of...
Lmao yeah or maybe some unpainted primer thats as ghetto as it gets

Lol, about a third of the car (drivers door and half the rear quarter) is currently matt black.

Did it in DFS carpark in Exeter prior to 'prepping' it with Tesco Value kitchen towels and spit. :approve: