ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

That's not rat...

ValverInBits
the car hast to be mint IMO just with some surface rust about, faded paint, super super low.

Then It's really really cool IMHO

Works...kind of...
I don't take my car seriously (look at previous threads), so I regard what people say in the same light. ;)

I'm quite diplomatic really. LOL.

Golf R/Leon FR
dont really see the point tbh, to me it looks like you have a rust bucket of FAIL.

but good look in ruining the car even more

Black 182
If it was a sleeper with a crazy massive turbo'd lump in it then it would be cool.

If it's just a shi*ty 1.2 then it's pointless.

Scrap it and make yoursel an easy £100

you may know it, clio?
i dont like rat look but all to there own remember guys!

fair play though. he has put effort in, even if it isnt on cleaning :)

Golf TDI
with the passenger side mirror knocked off to just top it , it looks ready for the salvage yard tbqh . but if it makes you happy then good on you .

Works...kind of...
with the passenger side mirror knocked off to just top it , it looks ready for the salvage yard tbqh .

There's plenty more things that's wrong with it, believe me. The drivers side mirror is cracked and one more hit away from falling off. Keyed on every panel, exhaust is wonky, dented boot lid. List goes on.

but if it makes you happy then good on you.

It amuses me. Always cracks a smile when I go to work in the morning.

Golf TDI
There's plenty more things that's wrong with it, believe me. The drivers side mirror is cracked and one more hit away from falling off. Keyed on every panel, exhaust is wonky, dented boot lid. List goes on.

It amuses me. Always cracks a smile when I go to work in the morning.

why does it amuse you ? is this your only car or just your runuabout ?

i love rat, but this is just silly. could atleast get the stance and rims sorted first before rusting the bonnet.

Works...kind of...
Only car, but that's all it is, a car. I don't hold any sentimentality to it even though it's my first. I used to enjoy looking after it and detailing it, but since the spate of vandalism it's been getting over the last year or so, it doesn't bother me. I certainly wont be doing this to any other car so thought I'd make the most of it with a car I'll eventually scrape.

Aslong as it's well maintained, reliable and gets me where I want to go, appearances doesn't bother me in the slightest

Works...kind of...
i love rat, but this is just silly. could atleast get the stance and rims sorted first before rusting the bonnet.

It's low, picture doesn't show it well. Can't really get any neg. camber due to torsion bar on the back.

Wheels are getting sorted once I source some cheap steelies.

FF RB 182
It's low, picture doesn't show it well. Can't really get any neg. camber due to torsion bar on the back.

Wheels are getting sorted once I source some cheap steelies.

Torsions bars get neg. camber when they are bollocksed. Just ruin it thrashing it over speedbumps and you'll be fine.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
If I had the nervous disposition to worry what people thought, I'd have changed cars for something good, or atleast removed all the keying and "what a cvnt" written down the drivers side.
I'd just have changed it to read "what's a can't".

Iceberg 172 Cup
wtf is this 'rat' bollox? who the fuk would make there car rust intentionally? some stupid dweebs out there.

the pic of the polo just looks like a complete fuk up tbh. obviously doesnt realise he looks a t**t driving it.

i really dont know why but this thread has annoyed me, i'm sick of the vw crew and their old shitters. scrap yard ftw. IMO TBQFH.
peace out.x

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
what the hell is the point in rusty bonnets, n this rat looks, it looks pants to be honest, end of!!

172 cup
Only car, but that's all it is, a car. I don't hold any sentimentality to it even though it's my first. I used to enjoy looking after it and detailing it, but since the spate of vandalism it's been getting over the last year or so, it doesn't bother me. I certainly wont be doing this to any other car so thought I'd make the most of it with a car I'll eventually scrape.

Aslong as it's well maintained, reliable and gets me where I want to go, appearances doesn't bother me in the slightest

there are 2 takes really on that statement..

1) obviously not!, looking at it..
2) you must do to take such effort to make it look like it does...

either way it baffles me..

but as I said before.. each to their own :)

1.8 Civic EX
Sorry, the page you were looking for cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Error: (DNS), click the
arrow.gif
back button to try another link.

pleas tell me you didn't click on that expectiong it to work? lol

joke understanding FAIL TBQH ;)

as for the car i've not read the whole thread but would it not make sense to get a knackered bonnet from a scrap yard and ruin it more rather than ruining a perfectl good one? also that way you've be able to swap them around ;)

ITB'd MK1
Epic lack of understanding of the rat-look movement TBH

It's meant to be about preserving the history of a car. Every dent tells a story and gives a vehicle character. Old rare accessories just make them cooler. I've seen 1950s rat-look buses where the outward bodywork has been left as good as untouched but the underneath would put most of the clios on here to shame.