ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drove ph2 172 and I am very impressed. So what is the ph1 like?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Phase 1 is much better all round driving experience, they also look much better and feel more urgent when giving it some beans due to the cable throttle. Dont let the Phase 2 fun boys sprout hit about the interior, it's not anywhere near as bad as they make out. Running coat are cheap, I get on average around town 27+mpg with spirited b road blast easily 48+mpg on motorway. Only downside is that the phase 2 has shorter gear ratios as it weighs more than the phase 1 but same bhp(they had to do this to try make it as quick as the phase 1). Never had a issue with my phase 1 in 2 years ownership just make sure you get one that's been looked after.

O and gearboxs are only weak if mistreated

I have to agree on that. I really like my 182 (I must do as I've kept it over 6 years from new!) but having driven my m8's Ph1 - the older car felt a lot more urgent and eager to get going. I'd love a Ph1 solely for track usage.

D.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i love my ph1, sooo much fun to drive. I drove my mates 182 and i didnt like it at all, was boring imo

rs clio ph1 172
i love my ph1, sooo much fun to drive. I drove my mates 182 and i didnt like it at all, was boring imo
MATE STOP IT!!
i am getting sleepless nights now, too eager to find one! i will probably end up buying the first one i see as i will be so darn keen to get in and drive the thing!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i genuinely didnt beleive they would be THAT different but they are, i loved my ph2 its the longest ive kept a car at over 2yrs but the ph1 is awesome!! keeping it for the distant future anyway

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
SDC11534.jpg

SDC11530.jpg

SDC11520.jpg

40075_1254321578576_1845688483_502966_8162206_n.jpg

39948_1254321418572_1845688483_502965_816933_n.jpg

rs clio ph1 172
that does look sweet! whats the bump on the bumper? and your not with the black on black scene?

rs clio ph1 172
i am going to see one tomorrow, its a ph1 and its in silver, and its got a sticker on the back window says cliosport who's this?
any tips?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Get one mate you will love it. Ive said this before, had a ph2 for 6 weeks, didnt like it. Had my ph1 since July/August and have good plans for it. Pound for pound great little cars.

Dan.