ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tegiwa nut colour. Opinons needed!

Arctic 182FF
I want to get some studs and nuts for my car, was looking at tegiwa ones as they are the only ones I've found that do lockers where you can't tell the difference. I was thinking about getting purple (the same ones Kieran had on A11 WUP) but thought since I have a blue car, maybe blue would be better?

Here's a link to the nuts in question: http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-aluminium-alloy-wheel-lug-nuts-locking-961/

Here is the car in question:

IMG_1039.jpg

2012-12-16_15-20-14_523.jpg

Si

RS Clio 172
My advice is don't buy anything from that company. They're cowboys. Their parts are s**t, service is s**t and they're robbing c***s.

I've had a bad experience with them tbf.

Bought some off ebay and they came a completely different colour, they no longer do that shade of blue apparantly. Didn't think to update the listing though!

Need to send them back really, unless you want to buy a set from me? lol

Arctic 182FF
I've had a bad experience with them tbf.

Bought some off ebay and they came a completely different colour, they no longer do that shade of blue apparantly. Didn't think to update the listing though!

Need to send them back really, unless you want to buy a set from me? lol

What colour do you have then and how much do you want for them? ;)

Just get a black stud conversion IMO.

If I did go for black I could probably get them cheaper elsewhere, do you know of any other brands that would offer locking nuts with them?

Si

RS Clio 172
Oh, care to elaborate?

Everyone I know who's dealt with them have said something bad. It was topped off when a good friend bought a clutch for his Integra from them. It didn't come with some of the tools that it was advertised with. Once my friend rectified this, he had the clutch fitted successfully only for it to go after a couple of hundred miles. Tegiwa wanted nothing to do with it and were very hard to contact throughout. The matter is now with trading standards.

I believe they're now banned from a number of forums. Or at least not allowed to advertise anymore.

Arctic 182FF
Everyone I know who's dealt with them have said something bad. It was topped off when a good friend bought a clutch for his Integra from them. It didn't come with some of the tools that it was advertised with. Once my friend rectified this, he had the clutch fitted successfully only for it to go after a couple of hundred miles. Tegiwa wanted nothing to do with it and were very hard to contact throughout. The matter is now with trading standards.

I believe they're now banned from a number of forums. Or at least not allowed to advertise anymore.

Oh I see, that doesn't sound very good at all :/

In that case, can anyone recommend another brand that does lockers too?

Thanks

TT QS
I was looking at these the other day. For you I'd say blue or gold. They'd be a nice addition.

dont rare rims on here do a locker at all?

Arctic 182FF
I was looking at these the other day. For you I'd say blue or gold. They'd be a nice addition.

dont rare rims on here do a locker at all?

Thanks, I'm still leaning towards blue at the moment to try to keep the white and blue theme going, plus I think they'd still stand out quite a bit against the white.

I've been in touch with rare rims and they just directed me to their sister company nuts4wheels's ebay shop and I couldn't find any with lockers on there.

TT QS
Thanks, I'm still leaning towards blue at the moment to try to keep the white and blue theme going, plus I think they'd still stand out quite a bit against the white.

I've been in touch with rare rims and they just directed me to their sister company nuts4wheels's ebay shop and I couldn't find any with lockers on there.

They've been something I've half looked into for when I have my new wheels. I think I may just. Go without the locker and chance it. Spinksy has the polarised ones and they look nice tbf

Arctic 182FF
I did see those ones from rare rims on here, I got the idea from spinksy since he just got the 'neo chrome' ones. Problem is they don't offer lockers.

Kieran, did the colour fade or anything like that since you got them? Thanks

BlackGold 182
I only had them on about 2 months before I sold it, your better off asking the guy who has it now.

theyre quality nuts, extremely light and they don't chew up like some of the nuts you can get

Arctic 182FF
Ah ok thanks Kieran.

I've found sets of lockers in red, blue and black. But these would go with the non extended types, so I wouldn't be able to get the type I wanted.

How common are wheel thefts? I doubt my wheels would be that desirable anyway given their age and they're a love/hate thing. Would I be alright without lockers?

Thanks