ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TDC Sensor Ph1 Clio

172 Ph1
Having classic starting problems, what's the part number for the "new" TDC sensor, although i'm presuming I probably can't even get hold of the old style one now?

As far as i can see its a case of airbox out, fiddle, unbolt, new one needs soldering in because the loom has changed, but that's basically it? Shall i just contact a dealer for parts, or is there anywhere else cheaper that would bring the same end result?

I've seen circa £5 TDC sensors that claim to fit and work, obvs not genuine, but it makes sense to buy genuine right?

172 Ph1
Yep, looking around £60 as i thought straight from Renault, with the "new" loom (what is new about it, it uses the same existing cables, they just changed the connector shape!?!

Anyway, spotted this with 2 days to go on ebay, £20 seems worth a punt, it the blue plug, and has loom, so seems legit, and what can really go wrong with it, as second hand parts go, this should be fiiiiiine, right... Right!? :D