ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TD Performance Tuning

Hi i was just wondering if anybody had brought a superchip from TD Performance Tuning. Just wondering if they were any good. They say that you can get 7bhp for the Mk II 1.2 16v and an increase of 21Nm of Torque increase which seems like a lot as they can only get an extra 10bhp for the 172 and 19.5Nm torque. Would like knowe specially from anybody who has had it done on a 1.2 16v see what they thought of the increase.

Thanks Matt.

There is very little increase possible on a petrol n/a engine the 172 gets ~6hp on adverage out of a chip so the gains are almost nothing on a 1.2 unfortunately.

You need forced induction or a diesel to make some real gains.

Ive seen loads of adverts for the company though. Never heard of anyone with there products though.

You can get some extra torque form a remap and the power delivery will probably be smoother and more power mid range but on a 1.2 the gains are minimal.

EDD

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Matt 19 Clio on 06 January 2004

Hi i was just wondering if anybody had brought a superchip from TD Performance Tuning. Just wondering if they were any good. They say that you can get 7bhp for the Mk II 1.2 16v and an increase of 21Nm of Torque increase which seems like a lot as they can only get an extra 10bhp for the 172 and 19.5Nm torque. Would like knowe specially from anybody who has had it done on a 1.2 16v see what they thought of the increase.

Thanks Matt.

Total sh*te.

My tuning guy says their stuff is a load of BS. Noway they will be able to get some of their quoted gains from the chip.