ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

taking pictures of animals...

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
any tips? im using a 350d with a canon 18-55mm lense.

current stuff:
Picture011.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

/carl

B

Brown.

If you are going to use a flash, you must make sure you diffuse it. use a single sheet of tissue, or a bubble wrap, over the flash itself....the result will me a less obvious flashed picture, excellent lighting is the key to digital photography.... wer there is crap light experiment, with blak and white/sepia ...

A longer lens will give you more reach, therefore you dont have be be as close to the animal your shooting. Fill the frame (like you have, actually) with whatever your shooting,

You want a nice fast shutter speed to give you a sharp picture. This also helps if the animal your shooting doesnt want to stay put for too long! Ermm Try to have a contrasing background, like in the 1st picture there isnt much contrast between the dogs fur and the carpet. But in the second the dark grey capret looks nice behind the white fur.

Ermm Try to be near natural light, obviously outside is the best(its all about light in photography really!) If not then near a window. You can also try and overexpose the Picture a little bit because the fur more likely absorbs alot of light and with it, detail.

get a 50mm f1.4 and stop it down to f/2.0 which should give a nice narrow dof with the in focus bit being critically sharp and will also remove the need for flash

B

Brown.

The above tips cost money though....a piece of toilet paper ftw!! lol

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I moved my flash upwards to bounce off the ceiling rather than diffuse it, gave nice soft lighting