ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking my clio on the track

clio sport cup
As its summer i have decided to take my clio 172 ph1 on the track, Like i used to take my s2000 before the baby arrived and i had to sell it :(

However, i want to first upgrade the suspension, as i think its shagged, the car slighty leans to the left (more gap between wheel and wheel arch on one side) and understeers more in that direction (and the turn in bite doesn't seem as strong) It has been all geo setup, by the same guys that would do my s2000, which was a complex bugger, and they think the shocks are dead.

Anyone recommend some cheapish shocks/springs, or got any to sell.

Also I want to put some non-road legal slicks/semi slicks on the front.. Anyone got any advice?

Also I am going to rip out the inside for trackdays, rear seats etc, to get a lighter load :) worth doing?

lastly will a front strut brace make much difference?

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
How cheap is cheapish?

Toyo do some semi slicks, R888's afaik

Less weight is always handy, so no harm in removing all that stuff

Front strut brace will just look pretty, unless its welded in

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone recommend some cheapish shocks/springs, or got any to sell. - I've always stuck to standard and it's been fine for me...usually a set or two for sale on here quite cheap.

Also I want to put some non-road legal slicks/semi slicks on the front.. Anyone got any advice? - I have a couple of worn Yokohama A048s if you're interested?

Also I am going to rip out the inside for trackdays, rear seats etc, to get a lighter load :) worth doing? - mine's been like that for almost all of its 85k miles - sounds great and helps keep the back end "agile" :D

lastly will a front strut brace make much difference? - no idea, never tried one

However, i want to first upgrade the suspension, as i think its shagged, the car slighty leans to the left (more gap between wheel and wheel arch on one side) and understeers more in that direction (and the turn in bite doesn't seem as strong) It has been all geo setup, by the same guys that would do my s2000, which was a complex bugger, and they think the shocks are dead.

Anyone recommend some cheapish shocks/springs, or got any to sell.

Also I want to put some non-road legal slicks/semi slicks on the front.. Anyone got any advice?

Also I am going to rip out the inside for trackdays, rear seats etc, to get a lighter load :) worth doing?

lastly will a front strut brace make much difference?

Stock suspension or spent a fortune IMO.

Stick with road legal normal stuff till your realy iused to the car on the limit.

Ligthening good just makes the tail a bit light.

Strutbrace will only make a noticable different with aftermarket suspension realy and if its properly bolted or welded to the strut tops and nice and thick otherwsie its all for looks.