ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T1R's or Dunlop sp sportmaxx?!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Can't even compare the 2 in my opinion.

Dunlop will be a great tyre on the road in dry and wet.

If you do intend to do track days thought don't expect them to be great on track, once they are hot they will soon wear away quickly.

Clio RS 172
Can't even compare the 2 in my opinion.

Dunlop will be a great tyre on the road in dry and wet.

If you do intend to do track days thought don't expect them to be great on track, once they are hot they will soon wear away quickly.

So your saying proxes will be better for track use?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
So your saying proxes will be better for track use?

No sorry, what I meant was don't really expect any road tyre to be great on track. Ideally you would want something like Federal RSR, Yoko AD08, Nankang NS-2R that will hold up well to track abuse.

I used Goodyear Eagle F1s a couple of year back round Silverstone and they soon started to melt once they were hot. They performed pretty good up until they were too hot though.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
http://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b115s9...tra_Sport_Nankang_NS_2_-_195_45R16_84V_XL_TL_

these them?

So you recommend these as a good road and track tyres?

No they are just there normal road tyres.

These are there new road going track tyre - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?691924-Nankang-Sportnex-NS-2R-Fitted

Not listed on Camskill site yet but I can get you a price if you would like. In 16" though the smallest they offer I think is 205/55/16. Not sure what that size would be like on a Clio.

You might be better looking at the size 195/50/16 or 205/45/16. Then you can choose from Toyo R1R, Federal RSR and AD08.

But them, AD08s and RSR are all great road going track tyres. I've had no issues using them NS-2Rs in pouring rain and no issues with standing water.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
i have news!! Looks as tho t1rs are on back order as have been superseded with PX4's which are the new pattern!

PX4s have been around years, I doubt they are superseeding the T1R. If any thing the T1 Sport will of super seeded the T1R which has switched to an asymmetric tread pattern.

T1 Sport
toyot1sport.jpg

Ph2 172
Don't bother with cheap brands like toyo, either buy some decent premium road tyres like contisport 3 or go for some track biased tyres like the ad08. I had a set of contisport 3 tyres fitted for £326 via blackcircles.com