ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T. Turbo is back

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Just another quick update, the circlip on the diff has given up :(

So at least we know whats the weakest part of the gearbox LOL Rather than simply fitting another one I'm looking at ways to strengthen it. My options are fit a Quaife or there is modificationn to convert to a bolt in diff instead of the circlip. My only concern is that if I strengthen the diff maybe something else will go instead. Guess theres only one way to find out :D

340i
Could be worth giving Agency Transmission services a call, they have a few "mods" for these boxes..

So at least we know whats the weakest part of the gearbox LOL Rather than simply fitting another one I'm looking at ways to strengthen it. My options are fit a Quaife or there is modificationn to convert to a bolt in diff instead of the circlip. My only concern is that if I strengthen the diff maybe something else will go instead. Guess theres only one way to find out :D

Thats whats happened to mine with a bolt in diff. Something has come loose inside, rattles internally on idle and I get an almighty screech when downshifting into 3rd :(

Still works mind, but it will need sorting over winter!

Focus RS mk1

I thought the 182s have the bolted in diff?

172 ph1
i need to see this bea and see it go.....you going upto alston at the end of the month mate?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Yeah im sure I heard him mention the box wasnt the original at Mallory

Yes he is running a dci box, steve i would just replace the clip and spacer for now to get you back on the road, i did the same in my first 172, easy job and it never failed again, alot of people say it will just pop out again but im sure if fitted properly it will be fine.

Nice work Steve, So what is the traction like with 370+ BHP and FWD
Having been in the car when it was around the 250bhp mark i'm sure it's a right little pocket rocket now ;)

I need to get the Rs6 on the rollers at some point, let me know the next time your going too RS and i'll pop up for a run and a look round the Trophy.

Chris

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
This needs a bump tbh.. This still running this power or has it got more!?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
It's having A LOT of work done as we speak. Will be an interesting one when it's done!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Well mine is on a similar turbo and makes 485 at 1.7 bar, the turbo will flow most at 2.2 bar....

Seat Ibiza
Pfffttt, that is mental!

Be good to see some videos, I can't really get my head around how fast this thing must be!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
How the hell does it put that sort of power down must still be spinning in 4th if not 5th when you really give it some,must be mental to drive.

d5n

RB 182 FF
This car deserves a Mag feature. Will be keeping my eye out for it at FCS if it is to appear.