ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T. Turbo is back

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Just a quick update on how the cars getting on.

Since I finished it in June i've covered about 1500 miles hassle free, it even put in an appearance at the RTOC national day where it was an absolute blast on track (despite the torrential downpour) and it scooped "best post 1991 car of the show" which was nice, as was the amount of people who took time to come over and talk about the car.

Anyway last month i was presented with an oportunity to fit a larger turbo I figured it would be worth a try as everything seemed to be going pretty well. Anyway I had it down at RStuning yesterday for a map and the results are below. If i'm completely honest the figures below are well within the the capabilities of the turbo i took off and in hind sight I should of just kept it and turned the boost up a little. But hey ho, you live and learn :)

It's running @1.2bar and is obviously still pretty nippy :D

Trophysep10.jpg

A big thanks to Paul @Rstuning for the mapping, once again he's proved his worth when it comes to mapping extreme clios.

On a further note a fellow clio owner bought my old turbo so brace yourselves theres another beast in the making :)

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Wow hats of to you mate i wish i had the money and time to fo summats like thay

300+ bhp in a clio it must be fun to drive

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Heres a couple of pics from Mallory

haswellboosting.jpg

HaswellandAndy.jpg

DSC01083-2.jpg

HaswellChasing.jpg

No engine bay pics or vids, I was hoping that me and Foxy would cross paths on track but it didn't happen.

As for further upgrades for more power, it's getting to the point where I'm nearing the limits of the whole setup, which means to go any further will require a from scratch rebuild, not something I can really be bothered with.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Shame you have no vids, i'd be keen to see how the T handles that sort of power from a drivers perspective.

From previous posts, you make it sound like its not as horrific as i would imagine!

Trophy Turbo :)
LOL, Hiyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaa, I think that was when i went into the pits and let you past??? He tryed to keep up with me kev but ya know what im like, the Stig undercover well ok overweight ;)

Kev this car shows up EVERY THING!!!

Steven is KING

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I was in it when it had around 230bhp I think and it was damp and it handled it very well. Think the diesel box really suits the power. Obviously it will be completely different now.

I was in it when it had around 230bhp I think and it was damp and it handled it very well. Think the diesel box really suits the power. Obviously it will be completely different now.

The DCI makes the difference, i hated it when i has one i think its as mine didnt have enought power to handle the DCI box

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
374BHP?

Three Hundred and Seventy Four, Break Horse Power?

In a car that must weigh as much as a tin of peas?

HERO!

the bolts from the con rod have stripped clean out took the threads from the rod out fully, Any ways sorry for spamage!!! i suggest some one has had it in bits before in its life LOL ( not guilty )

What a complete beast of a machine. Very impressed and very jealous too! Can't even imagine how quick the thing must be.