ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension...

I wanna upgrade my front shock absorbers to Blisteins. I got a mk1 phase3 clio and i can either get 55mm or 54mm fittings? And I also need circla clips and something else? I got quoted £100 for the parts alone?

How much roughly will it cost to get fitted?

Rik

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Fitting for the two front shocks will be around £50 - £60. The 52 or 54mm fitting represents the space between the two bolt holes at the bottom of the strut. Make sure you get this right before ordering or it gets expensive, as I found out to my cost......

£100 for the two shocks sounds about right.

Rick

Like I said, No.. You have to measure the shocks on YOUR car to find out.. everyones seems different..

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

It differs from car to car. Its not like all the car pre 95 cars are 52mm and the rest are 54mm or whatever. Youll have to jack the car up and take a wheel off and have a look, alternatively take it to a garage and get them to check for you. You can see on the picture below the two holes at the bottom, you need to measure from the centre line of each hole.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/billhemsley/apex.jpg

Rick

If you know someone mechanical its time to ask them for help, make sure you accurately check those holes, its only 2mm either way - not like a obvious difference.

Id imagine around £60 to fit the shocks ould be around right, its not a terribly hard job if you have any mates who have some idea... your going to need spring compressors etc aswell as a decent toolkit.

That Max power clio book thing has how to do the job in (along with loads of complete sh*te) not sure what you mean by circa clips? everything you should need is with the dampers( your meant to replace the top caps aswell - i havent)

£100 sounds about right for the pair