ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension decisions.

ok thanks!

Is it bad having 4100s on the front and 5100s rear?!

Or is it definitely worth getting both the same?!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
ok thanks!

Is it bad having 4100s on the front and 5100s rear?!

Or is it definitely worth getting both the same?!
The 4100 fronts are a normal damper and the 5100's are a upside down damper, so they look like they've got a monstrously huge piston.

The rears are the same in 4100 form to 5100 form as far as I'm aware.

I can't see there being an issue with it providing the valving is correct for the springs.

I thought you were getting Gaz stuff?

Yeah this is them...

But now I'm basically in a conundrum of purchasing James 5100s for sale, which makes sense as they're both the same and have suitable springs...

317d6febaed485d6a9cbe466add21445.jpg

Well you guys had been in my conscience ever since this thread opened basically... And well, I've just put a deposit down on these.

Tbh I would of been very happy with the Gaz, but one thing led to another...

f98e2069dcc695468333e0a37734012a.jpg

They're gorgeous.

turbo 182
5100 are ' inverted ' 4100 aren't, unless your a race car driver I Dout you'd tell the difference? ( may be wrong ) I think £1100 is steep for 2nd hand, unless they are near new or have just been re furbed

330i. E30 Touring.
Hang on.

Person asks for advice, decides against the advice, then changes his own mind and goes with those who knows best?

CS- stop the press!

Nice buy! ;)

Hang on.

Person asks for advice, decides against the advice, then changes his own mind and goes with those who knows best?

CS- stop the press!

Nice buy! ;)

It definitely isn't as black and white as that, not many people commented as to what would suit my situation best at all. It was all ASTs are the best, get them. Which they are and that's what I did. It's a bit of a backhanded point I'm making but hey [emoji16]

I know you're taking the piss and I'm glad I've gone with the ASTs at the end of the day, but yeah just to put that out there hah.

Thanks, unfortunately won't be able to collect fo a couple of weeks though [emoji30]

330i. E30 Touring.
It definitely isn't as black and white as that, not many people commented as to what would suit my situation best at all. It was all ASTs are the best, get them. Which they are and that's what I did. It's a bit of a backhanded point I'm making but hey [emoji16]

I know you're taking the piss and I'm glad I've gone with the ASTs at the end of the day, but yeah just to put that out there hah.

Thanks, unfortunately won't be able to collect fo a couple of weeks though [emoji30]

100% the right choice mate.

Difference as well also, is AST's will hold their money as long as they stay tidy. GAZ are worth pennies in comparison second hand.